Winning Eleven 2010 is better than PES 2010

bluchampblogger

League 2
6 June 2009
I've got World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 for PS3. I already had PES 2010 but I bought WE 2010 because it is traditionally a better game and it also has the super star difficulty. Plus, our dear friend Yokoshinata has been canvassing for it. For those who might have questions about WE 2010 in comparison with PES 2010, I have made a quick FAQ:

Q: Is WE 2010 better than PES 2010?
A: Yes, it certainly is. Not by a great deal, but it is certainly better.

Q: Does it have menus in English or Japanese?
A: There is an option. For both menus and commentary language, you can choose either English or Japanese.

Q: Does WE 2010 plays faster than PES 2010?
A: No, it doesn't. It feels a bit more liberated which can make you think the game runs faster.

Q: Are the referees better?
A: No. Exactly the same referees.

Q: Are the keepers better?
A: YES! They are not just better, they're just brilliant. In 8 hours of WE 2010, so many diving saves and no fumbles so far.

Q: Does the AI play better?
A: Definitely yes. AI in WE 2010 is smarter and sharper. It plays well in attack as well as defence. Yes, I'm referring to the professional difficulty.

Q: Does it have new animations?
A: WE 2010 doesn't have new animations. But the animations have been touched up a bit. That's evident. The PES 2010 jerkiness is very less here.

Q: Is it the same graphics?
A: No. The graphics has been touched up as well. The lighting looks better. The bright sunshine near the goal area in day/afternoon matches is not there.

Q: Do you get option files for WE 2010?
A: I got a fantastic one from www.winningeleven.sg. It's based on the kit and emblem files of PES 2010 (Jackwhobra) option file and it's brilliant.

Q: What about chants?
A: Just create a new playlist called KONAMI_WE and copy and paste all the chants that you had in KONAMI_PES. The load from the game.

Q: Is WE 2010's superstar more difficult than PES 2010's top player?
A: Yes, of course it is more difficult. But for now, I'm sticking with professional. That's good enough challenge for me.

Q: Is it worth buying WE 2010 when you already have PES 2010?
A: if you're a pro evo freak, go get it. Others, don't, only because you may not appreciate the difference.

As we get more questions being answered, I'd add to the above list.

EDIT: The biggest difference is the PACE of the game. Winning Eleven is beautifully paced. The game simulates football like no other football titles have (including PES5 and PES6). Without giving the game a good go, I started tweaking the top speed, dribble speed and passing speed stats to slow the game down. I did that for quite a few teams. Then I realised that the tweaking wasn't helping. I went back to the original stats. I reset to original stats for all teams. Then started playing match after match using different teams. If anything, some of the stats need increases and not decreases.

I have upped the agility, balance and response values so the game can run smoothly. I then upped the aggression, teamwork and tenacity so that the AI can be more attacking. As far as the game speed is concerned I have not made any changes to stats.

Now the WE 2010 graphics are really eye-candy, the animations are so organic and lovely and now the AI beats me more often than not. I must say, this is the best football gaming experience I've had. I have a lot more to say but I'll say it later, in a dedicated post.

Last edited:
Obviously, yea. I've always tried both during the years and always ended up playing Winning Eleven.. it's been less arcardey than PES.

Downside about this is not enough OFs meaning can't have CCC on it, and not much people online from the same area to play with.

When will anyone release a PS3 OF editor? We always had them for PS2 so why can't we have them for PS3?

I have both PES 2010 and Winning Eleven 2010 (On PS3) and I can confirm that Winning Eleven 2010 is better than PES 2010 gameplay wise.

I recall a Q&A from a KONAMI developer not so long ago who got asked if really WE 2010 is better than PES 2010 and he said that its the exact same game its just that they name it WE in Japan and PES for the rest of the world as always.

Furthermore he got asked about the Superstar difficulty in particular and how it compares to Top Player of PES and he replied that its the same difficulty its just that they tweaked them a bit to make the game easier for the Japanese players, because I guess they asked for it? And probably they couldnt tweak them enough without adding another difficulty for obvious reasons. So I think that all the difficulties except the easiest one in WE are exactly the same for both games.

Also I would like to know how did you come to the "obvious" conclusion that Superstar is more challenging than Top Player since you yourself stated that you play on Proffesional difficulty?

It really doesnt make sense anymore for KONAMI to release a better game in Japan than the rest of the world now does it? And the release date was the same for everyone if im not mistaken. I guess the days of big differences between WE and PES are long gone now.. Except if KONAMI releases a new WE in a couple of months for the Japanese market like they did for some previous versions..

Last edited:
I recall a Q&A from a KONAMI developer not so long ago who got asked if really WE 2010 is better than PES 2010 and he said that its the exact same game its just that they name it WE in Japan and PES for the rest of the world as always.

I trust your memory. Konami could have certainly said that. I don't really expect Konami to say that they're releasing different games for different regions. Not a very popular thing to say. I have both the games. I have played both the games on PS3. No matter what the Konami guys say, for me, seeing is believing. I see that they are different games.

Furthermore he got asked about the Superstar difficulty in particular and how it compares to Top Player of PES and he replied that its the same difficulty its just that they tweaked them a bit to make the game easier for the Japanese players, because I guess they asked for it? And probably they couldnt tweak them enough without adding another difficulty for obvious reasons. So I think that all the difficulties except the easiest one in WE are exactly the same for both games.

He is either wrong or he doesn't want to say the truth. Superstar is not the same as Top Player. I suggest you also read the interviews that they give in Japanese for their own audience.

Also I would like to know how did you come to the "obvious" conclusion that Superstar is more challenging than Top Player since you yourself stated that you play on Proffesional difficulty?

Of course I play in professional difficulty as I see a much more balanced game and a game true to the player attribute values. But that doesn't mean I've never played Superstar difficulty. Now that's the obvious conclusion you've come to :-) I have played quite a lot in superstar and top player just to know the differences but 90% of my games are professional.

It really doesnt make sense anymore for KONAMI to release a better game in Japan than the rest of the world now does it? And the release date was the same for everyone if im not mistaken. I guess the days of big differences between WE and PES are long gone now.. Except if KONAMI releases a new WE in a couple of months for the Japanese market like they did for some previous versions.

You're right. It doesn't make sense for them to release a 'better game' in Japan alone. You're right. But I'm not saying they have released a better game. All I'm saying is that Winning Eleven is different from Pro Evo and that I like Winning Eleven and I consider Winning Eleven to be better than Pro Evo. There could be a lot of people who like Pro Evo over Winning Eleven. If majority in Europe prefer Winning Eleven over PES, then it doesn't make sense to have PES different than Winning Eleven.

Last edited:
If all that is true ( in which I am not quite sure ) then Konami want to make us buy the same poor game 2 times ... Thank you Konami.
And man , how you can to play on "Professional" and argues that its aware of the game to give us so clearly evaluate which and what is good? First You must start to kick as*es on " Top Player " ...

well i am following PES on a couple of different communities and guess you guys are doing the same, i recently saw a post about this on pesgaming, and some comments from players who played both, couple of guys were almost swearing on god that if felt better...

dont have both games, but i do know is i played both DEMOs (created a japanese acct and downloaded it), it was released after PES demo and it definitely felt better, no response issues and it was more realistic, i think i hv player not less than 100 games on both DEMOs, WE was better, then when PES released i was shocked and thought that they hv tweaked the game once again.

if games are different, then KONAMI should let us dload the full version of WE, or whatever, i dont want to spend more money again... i just want to think this was not a cheap commercial trick...

If all that is true ( in which I am not quite sure ) then Konami want to make us buy the same poor game 2 times ... Thank you Konami.
And man , how you can to play on "Professional" and argues that its aware of the game to give us so clearly evaluate which and what is good? First You must start to kick as*es on " Top Player " ...

Traditionally, in Winning Eleven, the professional difficulty is tougher than the top most difficulty. I know it's a strange statement to make. Some of the old timers can confirm this. I have always known that professional is the most challenging of all difficulties. That's because, in professional, the AI is more solid and is tough to break down plus it attacks you sensibly. In top player, AI attacks without a concern for defence and hence leaks more goals.

In PES 2010, I played as Chelsea in top player in a champions league. I won the champions league in the first attempt, without any need for a re-load. And, I didn't lose even one match in the champions league. Top player is easy and unrealistic.

In top player, the AI player does not play true to the player attributes. Play against Real Madrid in top player and in professional. See in which difficulty you see players like Ronaldo and Kaka expressing themselves better and play true to their attributes.

well i am following PES on a couple of different communities and guess you guys are doing the same, i recently saw a post about this on pesgaming, and some comments from players who played both, couple of guys were almost swearing on god that if felt better...

dont have both games, but i do know is i played both DEMOs (created a japanese acct and downloaded it), it was released after PES demo and it definitely felt better, no response issues and it was more realistic, i think i hv player not less than 100 games on both DEMOs, WE was better, then when PES released i was shocked and thought that they hv tweaked the game once again.

if games are different, then KONAMI should let us dload the full version of WE, or whatever, i dont want to spend more money again... i just want to think this was not a cheap commercial trick...

I can tell you one thing about the difference between PES 2010 and WE 2010. I'm a tweak freak. I have always tweaked football games to make them play in a realistic pace. I did that in PES 2010 as well. In WE 2010, I have not done that because that's not needed. The pace of the game is perfect. Though I'd surely tweak the player attributes to my liking, I don't have to tweak any of the speed attributes in WE 2010 at all. The difference between these two games is very clear. I'm just a gamer and I get nothing by promoting WE 2010. All I'm doing is to share my experiences so it can benefit you.

Traditionally, in Winning Eleven, the professional difficulty is tougher than the top most difficulty. I know it's a strange statement to make. Some of the old timers can confirm this. I have always known that professional is the most challenging of all difficulties. That's because, in professional, the AI is more solid and is tough to break down plus it attacks you sensibly. In top player, AI attacks without a concern for defence and hence leaks more goals.

In PES 2010, I played as Chelsea in top player in a champions league. I won the champions league in the first attempt, without any need for a re-load. And, I didn't lose even one match in the champions league. Top player is easy and unrealistic.

In top player, the AI player does not play true to the player attributes. Play against Real Madrid in top player and in professional. See in which difficulty you see players like Ronaldo and Kaka expressing themselves better and play true to their attributes.

TBH on proffesinoal in PES 2010 its actually harder than Top player.

Dont get how i can beat teams easily using Inter and Barca on top player but i can struggle on proffesinoal?

Top Player is really fucked ths year. I rememeber PES 5 being another game where top player was just weird.

Question. If I do buy WE10 from Play-Asia can I play it online in the US or no ? I'm assuming no due to the fact that KONAMI (blow me), decided to put locks on region servers.

I'd like to know the answer to this too (well, can I play online in the UK I mean)

Also how to I get a hold of this game in the UK?
I tried ordering it on Play-Asia but it says they don't deliver to my location.

ok what about commentary his say the names of clubs and national teams
talking about wining eleven 2010

Last edited:
I'd like to know the answer to this too (well, can I play online in the UK I mean)

Also how to I get a hold of this game in the UK?
I tried ordering it on Play-Asia but it says they don't deliver to my location.

Echo this question. It says no shipping to European Union.

How would UK folk get hold of the game?

maybe the game is slightly better..but I cant find any decent option files, only see some basic ones with epl and la liga emblem( not enough for me) , so im sticking with pes 2010 =p.

is the winning eleven 2010 demo still available to download or anywhere i can get it from as i would like to try before i buy.

I've ordered the XBOX360 version from EBAY!! Cost £60...i know expensive but just have to get it lol, the only problem now is...I CANT FIND ANY DAMN OPTION FILES FOR IT, Or does the Daymos Option file from work? :O

This probably is legit. I've played a ton of PES 2009 on the PSP and got WE 2010 this year when I ordered the LE Asian PES/PSP bundle. It may only be the PSP versions, but WE 2010 "feels" much, much better than PES 2009 (I've heard that PES 2010 is nothing but a carbon copy of 2009 w/ a fully playable CL mode). The pace just seems spot on and the players seem to have a more realistic first touch. It's hard to explain, but there's no doubt that WE 2010 is the more realistic game. I wouldn't be shocked if this were the case in the PES 2010 vs WE 2010 PS3/360 debate. Like others have said though, the lack of option files is the killer. I've yet to find a R3 option file for the PSP version.

This probably is legit. I've played a ton of PES 2009 on the PSP and got WE 2010 this year when I ordered the LE Asian PES/PSP bundle. It may only be the PSP versions, but WE 2010 "feels" much, much better than PES 2009 (I've heard that PES 2010 is nothing but a carbon copy of 2009 w/ a fully playable CL mode). The pace just seems spot on and the players seem to have a more realistic first touch. It's hard to explain, but there's no doubt that WE 2010 is the more realistic game. I wouldn't be shocked if this were the case in the PES 2010 vs WE 2010 PS3/360 debate. Like others have said though, the lack of option files is the killer. I've yet to find a R3 option file for the PSP version.

You heard wrong.

Back
Top Bottom