Wide Resolutions - Slow Game

Es88

League 2
2 December 2006
M. Tel Aviv
I have HD4770, my screen is SamsungP2350 23'.

i can play on high resolutions, and the game work smooth, but i have wide screen, so "normal" resolutions making the game look very strech on the screen, when i'm changing it to wide resoluions, it's work slower. only in my game?
i hope that is becouse the game is only demo.

for exsmple, i can play on 1280X1024, the game will work smooth.
but if i'm changing it to 1280X720(16:9) the game work slow.
only build-in 16:9 resoltuions like 1280X720 1360X768 or 1920X1080
work slow, but it's the best way in my game to see it wide and good.

Last edited:
Hi, I am very interested in this topic. It´s bigger than you can imagine. We love pes and this pes is great but... there´s a problem, but I´ll tell you later becuse first I have to know if your monitor is 16:10, that makes your game run slower IF YOU UNTICK LB IN SETINGS.

Last edited:
Hi, I am very interested in this topic. It´s bigger than you can imagine. We love pes and this pes is great but... there´s a problem, but I´ll tell you later becuse first I have to know if your monitor is 16:10, that makes your game run slower IF YOU UNTICK LB IN SETINGS.

my monitor is 16:9 i think, 23' wide, max resoltuion 1920X1080.
(btw, there is a chance with no connection to Pes, that i'm changing my screen to Dell 2209WA - 16:10 screen i think)
the LB option is ticked

Well, when you play in 16:10 monitor the LB option is ticked because the game comes from consoles, and the game runs at the right speed with black bars on top and at the bottom (LB ticked). But if you untick LB options in setting, you will not have black bars on the screen but you will notice after playing a match with black bars that the game speed without these black bars is slower. I think the game has a problem with this, try it and tell me.

Well, when you play in 16:10 monitor the LB option is ticked because the game comes from consoles, and the game runs at the right speed with black bars on top and at the bottom (LB ticked). But if you untick LB options in setting, you will not have black bars on the screen but you will notice after playing a match with black bars that the game speed without these black bars is slower. I think the game has a problem with this, try it and tell me.

but i dont have 16:10, so it's metter?
and btw i tryed to untick the LB, but i'm getting into the game it's ticking it auto agian.

Not possible I think, the game doesn´t auto-tick. Give me your monitor model and I will find it if it´s 16:10 or 16:9. What I mean is that game comes fron consoles and all games are designed in consoles in 16
16:9 mode, so we have to play with black bars. If you untick LB then black bars are gone.

It´s 16:9, mine is 16:10 and I have to play with black bars. The game runs fine in your computer, it´s its normal speed. Perhaps other formats are wrong with the speed and the pace of the match is the one you play with wide scrren. With your monitor you don´t need LB, thats only for other monitors.

the LB in my game is ticking automaticly, from some reason.
anyway, in the biuld-in resoltuion of 16:9, when it's the best way in my screen to see the game from up, and not from the side like at strech on the screen, is to play on 1280X720 1360X768 or 1920X1080, and i dont know, i just got a feeling that the game is slower.

i have the same problem too ... i already tick LB but i still notice that when player make a turn, it's slow..
and it's quiet annoying for me ... but if i play 4:3 the game run fast .. but downpoint is the stretch.

i have the same problem too ... i already tick LB but i still notice that when player make a turn, it's slow..
and it's quiet annoying for me ... but if i play 4:3 the game run fast .. but downpoint is the stretch.

How damn is possible to say that the game runs slower when in my case , with all options up, i mean nvidia options, and also all settings from game to maximum , with 4:3 and 16:9 normal resolution and wide resolution , with LB ticked and unticked, but my game runs too fast. That thing is annoys me very much. Any suggestions to make my game to run a little slow??

How damn is possible to say that the game runs slower when in my case , with all options up, i mean nvidia options, and also all settings from game to maximum , with 4:3 and 16:9 normal resolution and wide resolution , with LB ticked and unticked, but my game runs too fast. That thing is annoys me very much. Any suggestions to make my game to run a little slow??

What is your PC spec?? mine is GeForce 8800 GT AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ x 2 RAM 3.0 GB

sorry maybe because my English so we lost something in translation... but when i say slow, i mean that player run and turn very slow ... but the rest is fine ..

Last edited:
First of all, u need to know whats the native resolution of ur screen.
Then set the maximun Screen HZ for this resolution.

Then go to nvidia panel and set aa and af to application controlled
pre rendered frames to 1
and this texture quality thing from high quality to quality (no diffrence but runs smoother) and vsync off (like in settings.exe too)
frame skipping off too

set the native resolution of ur screen in settings.exe
when u have 16:10 screen CHECK LB (enable).

and THEN
have fun.

edit:
and when u have logitech gamepad load the wingman profiler software, there u can change the axis sensivity

whit all this options it runs very smooth and like it should from the speed, response is good too

First of all, u need to know whats the native resolution of ur screen.
Then set the maximun Screen HZ for this resolution.

Then go to nvidia panel and set aa and af to application controlled
pre rendered frames to 1
and this texture quality thing from high quality to quality (no diffrence but runs smoother) and vsync off (like in settings.exe too)
frame skipping off too

set the native resolution of ur screen in settings.exe
when u have 16:10 screen CHECK LB (enable).

and THEN
have fun.

edit:
and when u have logitech gamepad load the wingman profiler software, there u can change the axis sensivity

whit all this options it runs very smooth and like it should from the speed, response is good too

i try that but after i set maximum Hz (75Hz) the game run stuttering ... so i set it back to 60Hz ... what i am curious is that at the option 16:9 and 4:3 which one should i tick ..

i have 19 inch LCD monitor i think it 16:10 ... if i ran PES at 1440*900 with 16:9 tick ... i feel the delay in gameplay but if i set it at 1440*900 with 4:3 then i have a faster gameplay but i will lose some part of the picture off screen ..

after i run a few test this is my conclusion : no matter what resolution you run the game on if you tick 16:9 in the setting you will have slower gameplay and i think it hard to control the player since i feel like it response to my command a little bit slowly than 4:3

anyone please tell me what is the right speed to play ...

nope

i have 16:10 screen and run 1920x1200
16:9 is checked, LB is checked

i need to run as 16:9, 4:3 whit 16:10 screen would be silly

LB = horizontal black boxes to make it 16:10, if u would uncheck LB it would be distorted

if u have nvidia, go to nvidia panel -> change resolution
then theres a box whit resolutions
one of em have this: "(nativ)"

it would be best if u set this resolution in settings.exe
post me here and i will tell u if u need to check 4:3 or 16:10 if ur unsure

edit:
right speed is 63 fps (tested whit fraps)

What is your PC spec?? mine is GeForce 8800 GT AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ x 2 RAM 3.0 GB

sorry maybe because my English so we lost something in translation... but when i say slow, i mean that player run and turn very slow ... but the rest is fine ..

Mine is video-GeForce 8500 GT, proc Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2,80 Ghz,mainboard Gigabyte ultradurable 2, 2,25 Gb RAM .....and my game run not faster, ...very faster :((, and when i say fast, i mean that players run very faster and the ball too.

guys, i'm very confused, i have samsungP2350 23' WIDE,
and ATI 4770HD.

the point view of the game, is the best for my screen to be on one of this resoltuions - 1280X720 1360X768 or 1920X1080, but in all this resoltuons the game work slow - in a compare to all other resolutions that is 4:3. my screen is 16:9.
if i'm playing on 4:3 resoutions, the point view of the game is not from up is from the side.

Last edited:
nope

i have 16:10 screen and run 1920x1200
16:9 is checked, LB is checked

i need to run as 16:9, 4:3 whit 16:10 screen would be silly

LB = horizontal black boxes to make it 16:10, if u would uncheck LB it would be distorted

if u have nvidia, go to nvidia panel -> change resolution
then theres a box whit resolutions
one of em have this: "(nativ)"

it would be best if u set this resolution in settings.exe
post me here and i will tell u if u need to check 4:3 or 16:10 if ur unsure

edit:
right speed is 63 fps (tested whit fraps)

1440*900 is my nativ

i have a 24" monitor and when i play PES2010 at first i have 60Fps but 1-2 minutes it goes down to 12-13Fps and the pc is quite normal.(i have Nvidia GeForce 7600GS)
Then i tried also with Pes6 and i have the same problem.so bored!:YAWN:
it could be a monitor problem or graphic card posibly brake down?

sorry,i'm italian.

Hello guys
I have a problem in PES 2010 settings:/
I have a new screen 23" LG ..
My video card is Nvidia Geforce 7300
I'm trying to change resolution and the highest resolution that brings me to put this 1280 x 720 and I want to put on 1920 x 1080
I play on HIGH quality.
And most strange that if I put on MEDIUM This gives me until 1920 to 1080
What should I do?
Please Please help me

i would suggest to go for 16x9 whit LB

how is it that way ?

i think the gameplay with 16:9 and LB is quiet slow ... but i don't know ...maybe you should try
4:3 without LB then tell me if you see any different, please .

if i have xp?

when u have xp u should have no problems whit settings.exe
all resolutions avalaible

when u have vista u should enable xp mode

@monalisa (pretty nick btw)

well, its all stripped wide 4:3 without LB, but thats normal cause i had my 16:10 resolution :D
no 16:10 resolution is unsharp whit my screen
players kinda slidin much more its too fast for me like that

then i set up a 4:3 resolution whit 4:3 checked, same, too fast, not like it should be

but thats doesnt matter
for ur native resolution its better to check 16:9 and LB
btw, can u set up ur native resolution in the settings, or its not there ?
when its not there set up a 16:10 resolution (nearest to your ratio) and wait for kitserver update wich setting.exe patching(all resolutions)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom