Why do we have BLIND FANS ???

iluvnineties

Banned
18 April 2008
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FC Porto
Why do we have people who knowing how bad PES is still go and spend their money on a worthless game ? Do you realize, if you boycott the game and not buy it - Konami WILL have to work harder and have no choice but to pay attention to the fans!. It's simple. No Fans = No money for Konami. No Money for Konami = Out of Business. I'd rather have them out of business than ripping people off left and right.

Sorry I had to vent :RANT::RANT:

Why do we have people who knowing how bad PES is still go and spend their money on a worthless game ? Do you realize, if you boycott the game and not buy it - Konami WILL have to work harder and have no choice but to pay attention to the fans!. It's simple. No Fans = No money for Konami. No Money for Konami = Out of Business. I'd rather have them out of business than ripping people off left and right.

Sorry I had to vent :RANT::RANT:

EA has been doing this for a decade....

I agree with this thread I have no loyalty to a video game company and neither should you unless they are putting food on the table.

Mr Seabass could say guys this year’s version I have decided to remove the shooting as I feel it’s better to dribble the ball into the net, and trust me a lot of fans going by some of the forums I have read would have 0 problem with it.

EA has been doing this for a decade....

True however, EA is much bigger company than Konami. EA is a lot wealthier than Konami aswell. Konami depend mostly on their own folks in Asia while EA is recognized worldwide not for producing football games only but different varieties while Konami is mostly known for sports games and such. Konami made tons of profit of PES/WE esp. in the early days when the series began to shine. EA doesn't have to depend on FIFA like Konami has to PES/WE. That's a fact. So at the end EA > Konami

True however, EA is much bigger company than Konami. EA is a lot wealthier than Konami aswell. Konami depend mostly on their own folks in Asia while EA is recognized worldwide not for producing football games only but different varieties while Konami is mostly known for sports games and such. Konami made tons of profit of PES/WE esp. in the early days when the series began to shine. EA doesn't have to depend on FIFA like Konami has to PES/WE. That's a fact. So at the end EA > Konami

What Im saying is that EA too had its share of fanboys...remember FIFA was outselling PES worldwide...and lets not forget that the gap between old FIFA and PES was much greater than the gap of current fifa and pes...

I don't think people outside the forums know how bad the game really is unless they visit forums like these.(this is mainly for PES2008)
I remember playing FIFA 2000 and just got bored with it, but I didn't really complain and bought FIFA 2001 the next year.

It is interesting how a person who likes PES 2009 can be called a BLIND FAN.

If you don't like the game, fine, but dont't ashame yourself bashing the people who genuinely likes the game. Example: me.

Also, I feel it is pretty pathetic that you have to open multiple threads to bash the game with your opinion. Don't fill the forum with spam, we already have enough...

Sorry, I also had to vent this...

because then, people will complain about being ripped off the fact that they bought an earlier version of the game and a better version comes out within months.
So whatever they do, there'll always be complaints.

because then, people will complain about being ripped off the fact that they bought an earlier version of the game and a better version comes out within months.
So whatever they do, there'll always be complaints.

:APPLAUD:
You talk sense, I was about to say exactly the same :APPLAUD:

I think its because of konamis want to ensure individual reaslism of players that we have this mess, its no longer how good a PES player you are but how good the players in your team are, thats why everyone plays as Barca and Manu etc, its tupidd thatyou have a defender press X to tackle but because its Messi he can just walk around you, thats where I think PES has gone soooo wrong, it started with Adrianno and hasn't stopped, last Year Ronaldo was impossible to stop this year ETO and Messi are a nightmare....

Its not a simulation and not even about skill, on FPS you dont have one player you can choose thatyou have to shoot 30 times and anotehr that you have to shoot 5 times, its about equality, PES (and I stress especially online) is about the team you pick, yes I can beat people if I stoop to playing all the amazing teams but withthis version can't play as the lesser ones as the gulf is just far too big..

Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting how a person who likes PES 2009 can be called a BLIND FAN.

If you don't like the game, fine, but dont't ashame yourself bashing the people who genuinely likes the game. Example: me.

Also, I feel it is pretty pathetic that you have to open multiple threads to bash the game with your opinion. Don't fill the forum with spam, we already have enough...

Sorry, I also had to vent this...

That's fine. You enjoy your beloved PES 09 and enjoy being ripped off and enjoy filling Konami pockets with your money. I have no problem with that:P What I do have a problem is, thousands and thousands of fans who are REAL fans - do you know what a real fan is - let me explain it to you since you seem very juvenile. A true fan is someone who HAS ENOUGH BALLS to admit when the game sucks or not - whether you like it or not. Deep down, YOU know PES/Konami took a wrong direction and gave us a PISS POOR game. I am sure there will be MORE TRUE PES FANS who actually admit the game stink than the ones like yourself. I rest my case. ;)

True fans, enough balls... damn, what a bunch of poor arguments.

Is it so hard to accept that some of us honestly like the game and are not fanboys at all?

There is a world besided you buddy... and guess what, every single person has a different opinion, and because of that not means we are morons and you are kind of a genius. In fact, probably is exactly the opposite. Specially when I see you filling with spam the forum.

As I said, if you don't like the game, fine, I don't have a problem with that. But those who like the game are not so stupid to think that you are a moron because you don't like it.

PES 2008 was a terrible game. PES 2009 is a way better game. Perfect? Far from it. Excellent? Probably not, but at least for me is good enough to entertain me for some time. Does Konami could make a better game? Of course, but also a lot of people would bash the game, just because they don't like the lack of untucked shirts or the lack of licenses, even with a proper edit mode.

Thousand and thousand of people also like PES 2008. That means NOTHING. Also thousand and thousand of people are ENJOYING genuinely PES 2009. There is nothing wrong with that.

I want to know what you mean with "a real fan is someone who has enough balls to admit the game sucks or not - even if you like it or not. I guess you have some kind of confusion here. If I like the game, how can it sucks? I guess you need to clear up your mind first. You don't have pretty clear your arguments.

What I make me feel pity for you is what you call "true pes fans". Please, grow up dude. That is also a poor argument.

I guess, like Han said sometime ago, that Konami can make the perfect game and still a lot of people will moan and bash the game. This is not a big surprise anyway - I am at these forums from 2003 (long time before you, young padawan) and I have seen massive moaning and bashing even at the best game of the saga for a lot of fans (PES 5). My conclusion is that people complain and moan because... we like to :P No big deal with that anyway, I just don't want to see this forum with more spam that needed. If you want to moan, use only a topic, there is no need for more than 1.

And about a rip-off, if you bought PES 2009 and you felt like ripped-off, fair enough. But that does not mean we all feel the same like you. As I said before, there is a world beside you, and everyone has an opinion, not only yours is valid. I feel that my money was well invested in the game. If you don't feel like that, it is your issue and you have to deal with it.

Last edited:
True fans, enough balls... damn, what a bunch of poor arguments.

Is it so hard to accept that some of us honestly like the game and are not fanboys at all?

There is a world besided you buddy... and guess what, every single person has a different opinion, and because of that not means we are morons and you are kind of a genius. In fact, probably is exactly the opposite. Specially when I see you filling with spam the forum.

As I said, if you don't like the game, fine, I don't have a problem with that. But those who like the game are not so stupid to think that you are a moron because you don't like it.

PES 2008 was a terrible game. PES 2009 is a way better game. Perfect? Far from it. Excellent? Probably not, but at least for me is good enough to entertain me for some time. Does Konami could make a better game? Of course, but also a lot of people would bash the game, just because they don't like the lack of untucked shirts or the lack of licenses, even with a proper edit mode.

Thousand and thousand of people also like PES 2008. That means NOTHING. Also thousand and thousand of people are ENJOYING genuinely PES 2009. There is nothing wrong with that.

I want to know what you mean with "a real fan is someone who has enough balls to admit the game sucks or not - even if you like it or not. I guess you have some kind of confusion here. If I like the game, how can it sucks? I guess you need to clear up your mind first. You don't have pretty clear your arguments.

What I make me feel pity for you is what you call "true pes fans". Please, grow up dude. That is also a poor argument.

I guess, like Han said sometime ago, that Konami can make the perfect game and still a lot of people will moan and bash the game. This is not a big surprise anyway - I am at these forums from 2003 (long time before you, young padawan) and I have seen massive moaning and bashing even at the best game of the saga for a lot of fans (PES 5). My conclusion is that people complain and moan because... we like to :P No big deal with that anyway, I just don't want to see this forum with more spam that needed. If you want to moan, use only a topic, there is no need for more than 1.

And about a rip-off, if you bought PES 2009 and you felt like ripped-off, fair enough. But that does not mean we all feel the same like you. As I said before, there is a world beside you, and everyone has an opinion, not only yours is valid. I feel that my money was well invested in the game. If you don't feel like that, it is your issue and you have to deal with it.

Well, I'm glad that we have a "wise man" on the forums lol :D

Are you trying to become a mod or something. I did not spam the board kid. I see you have no idea what spamming means. Again, you're the ONLY one who complains about this while the rest of the board seems to agree with me - why ?? Because I speak the truth. I have no problem that you enjoy the game. Keep enjoying it. It just surprises me how come some people can be "settled" for something poor such as PES 09. What ON EARTH do these people play and see. I'd like to know that. Please do me a favor and list what you like about PES 2009. Let's hear it.

Again, let's try to keep this thread clean and civil as much as possible. Most of us are mature adults, so I don't intend to personally attack you or anyone else. We have fundamental differences and that is normal. :))

I'm happy with 09. When I played 08 I was so dissapointed with the mess that was. I stuck 09 in and played an exhibition match england vs spain and I enjoyed it. Graphics are nice, I like the replays, pitch looks good, pace is better, joe cole was in the england team! lol Yep I'm happy with it.

BAL mode is brilliant by the way.

Honestly PES has lost its magic. I played Pes 2009 a few times and I'm already bored of it, everything seems so outdated. With Fifa 09 I played the demo a few times, and I still don't find it that enjoyable. Sure the physics and animations are nice, but its just missing the freedom and magic of the classic PES games.

To put it short, neither game has impressed me, its the second year in a row this has happened. But if you ask me, I think Fifa is going on the right track while PES is a sinking ship, if PES 2010 is another cheap upgrade then I would say Konami doesn't care anymore.

Well, I'm glad that we have a "wise man" on the forums lol :D

Are you trying to become a mod or something. I did not spam the board kid. I see you have no idea what spamming means. Again, you're the ONLY one who complains about this while the rest of the board seems to agree with me - why ?? Because I speak the truth. I have no problem that you enjoy the game. Keep enjoying it. It just surprises me how come some people can be "settled" for something poor such as PES 09. What ON EARTH do these people play and see. I'd like to know that. Please do me a favor and list what you like about PES 2009. Let's hear it.

Again, let's try to keep this thread clean and civil as much as possible. Most of us are mature adults, so I don't intend to personally attack you or anyone else. We have fundamental differences and that is normal. :))

SPAM is fulling the board with the same sh** creating different threads. If you want to moan, at least don't create multiple threads.

The people which is enjoying the game I guess are not wasting time posting here... they are probably.... errr... enjoying/playing the game? lmao... I am still waiting for my PS3 copy, meanwhile I spend my time playing the PC version.

OK, let me say what I like from PES 2009:

- Pace/speed of the game (better than 2008, maybe a bit fast yet, but OK)
- Graphics (I honestly like PES graphics more than those at FIFA, but I don't state this as a fact, it is just my opinion. PES 2009 graphics are miles better than 2008.
- Edit mode (no need to say a lot since PES 2008 edit mode was a pile of crap). I like the fact that I can upload badges/sponsors and make custom teams to play with my friends or my local league, which sucks but anyway it is the local league.
- Champions League license is nice because the atmosphere is good, although it misses all the teams at the competition which takes a lot of the value.
- Passes feel better than 2008, but probably not great. Just good. They have to improve.
- Shooting is more realistic than 2008, feels like PS2 games: you need to be well-positioned to slot it home.
- Keepers are better than 2008, but they have room to improve yet. Just good.
- Become a Legend mode is really a lot of fun.
- Players are not so unstoppable like 2008. They are easier to stop with a good defender, compared with PES 2008.

What I don't like (just for you to see I am not a fanboy):

- UCL misses a lot of licensed teams.
- Lost of Spanish League, however I don't care since the edit mode is good this year, but still a low.
- Absence of 360 movement/passes.
- Animations are not so good, specially the well-known Baywatch running style (a complete joke).
- Some options at edit are missing, like untucked shirts or low socks.
- In some situations, the players stop responding without a logical reason.
- Keepers have improved, but they need to be better yet.
- I don't like a lot the idea of using R2+dpad to make feints, but you get used.
- I don't like crosses a lot. They seem to get short and not reaching the penalty spot or the center of the area.
- Some stats of some players are a joke, but this is usual.
- Lack of stadiums, specially english ones.
- Not a significant addition on teams.

I can list more things that annoy me. I don't consider PES 2009 THE GAME, but it is a good and fun game. That is all. I am more than conscious about the fact that Konami's efforts should be better. I guess all the PES fans agree about that. But this game is not a bad one, like PES 2008 was (a complete crap).

Whoever thinks PES08 and 09 is a great footie game all I'm going to say is "This is when we separate men from the boys.

Euhm, choosing or liking this/a game separates men from the boys?? And you accuse other members of being juvenile????

You're opinion is kinda worthless when giving that kind of statements imo. (it's the truth??? NO, it's still your opinion, which doesn't look that interesting anymore when you read your other comments in this thread)

And imo this a another nice playable PES, it isn't super, they sure could have done better in some area's, but it's still the best choice for my likes in the football genre (if there's a better option for MY likes, then i'm buying it cuzz i don't care who made it...). The other game also has its flaws so if you can't stand people choosing these flaws over the the other flaws then you shouldn't be posting here in a PES forum. Most of us give understanding to people who like the other game but we don't whine about it like that.

Last edited:
OK, let me say what I like from PES 2009:

- Pace/speed of the game (better than 2008, maybe a bit fast yet, but OK)
- Graphics (I honestly like PES graphics more than those at FIFA, but I don't state this as a fact, it is just my opinion. PES 2009 graphics are miles better than 2008.
- Edit mode (no need to say a lot since PES 2008 edit mode was a pile of crap). I like the fact that I can upload badges/sponsors and make custom teams to play with my friends or my local league, which sucks but anyway it is the local league.
- Champions League license is nice because the atmosphere is good, although it misses all the teams at the competition which takes a lot of the value.
- Passes feel better than 2008, but probably not great. Just good. They have to improve.
- Shooting is more realistic than 2008, feels like PS2 games: you need to be well-positioned to slot it home.
- Keepers are better than 2008, but they have room to improve yet. Just good.
- Become a Legend mode is really a lot of fun.
- Players are not so unstoppable like 2008. They are easier to stop with a good defender, compared with PES 2008.

I am not starting an arguement here but I think you have nailed it on the head with your response, I will take it 1 stage further and just ask taking away the graphics, what is better in 2009 than Pes5 and Pes 6 on the PS2,this is where I find my real distaste of the recent version.

If we take some of your points.

Editing - Was absolutely Mint before Next Gen
Keepers - Are still better in WE7FE
Players - Was more about PES Skill than Player attributes as it is now, as you have said only a Good Defender can stop a good player, although I accept thats realism its the reason why online is plagued with "THE BEST" Teams.

I will then take us back to PES5 and Pes 6 Online, 2 vs 2 and all the fun that provided, a little Lag but nothing ss bad as what we see these days.

Thats why we have a split camp, I agree 2009 is better than 2008 but that doesn't make it good in PES terms it just makes it better than the shower that came before.

I challenge anyone who still has access to a PES2 to pickup PES5 or PES6 and play 10 games on it, when you go back to 2009 you may have a very different opinion on the game.

Its not about fanboys its glass half empty / full issue, some hate it because its not even as good as 4 years ago, some love it because its better than 2008 in a number of areas.

Thats my 5 pennies worth anyway....

What I do have a problem is, thousands and thousands of fans who are REAL fans - do you know what a real fan is - let me explain it to you since you seem very juvenile. A true fan is someone who HAS ENOUGH BALLS to admit when the game sucks or not - whether you like it or not.

I think this is where you lost all credibility mate. Perhaps you're struggling to accept that maybe, just maybe, some people have different taste to you?

One to think about...

You know, maybe people have different taste than me, I'm sure they do. Like I said, I probably come out sounding like a big whiner but even me being a whiner - I should be entitled to my opinion right, with that said I think PES and Konami are going in the wrong direction with its franchise. PES 2009 should of been a perfect football game, wait let me correct myself, PES2008 should of been a perfect game. But what happened. Seabass stabbed us in the back. HE WAS THE ONE WHO SAID ONCE NEXT GEN IS OUT WE WILL HAVE THE BEST GAME TO PLAY - Yeah right buddy.

I don't know what kind of expectations yer putting on yerself but we won't get a "PERFECT" footie game for EVERYONE, there always be something that'll put us off, even in the golden era of PES there were a few gripes about features and so on.

So I think yer high expectations clearly blind you from accepting the fact that we are still miles off from getting a really really really good and realistic footie game.
And yer definition of the so-called "real" fans really isn't proving yer point. Some people don't realize how bad a game is until they've heard what other people tell them, or play another game and realize that the other game has certain things done better.

And the fact that you made two similar threads really is making you look like yer trying shove this matter down our throats or whiny to make things short.

And you're clearly having problems if you believe what someone who is promoting his own game says. No matter what kind of game developer, of course he'll be hyping up his own game. Its down to us to believe or not. So he hasn't stabbed us in the back, its just business. You've played the demo, so its your decision whether to buy it or not. No one's forcing you.
I understand your disappointment of wanting PES to be good(according to yer expectations) but you can't always get what u want.

Of course yer entitled to yer opinion, but don't expect other people to sit back and take it as a fact either.

That's fine. You enjoy your beloved PES 09 and enjoy being ripped off and enjoy filling Konami pockets with your money. I have no problem with that:P What I do have a problem is, thousands and thousands of fans who are REAL fans - do you know what a real fan is - let me explain it to you since you seem very juvenile. A true fan is someone who HAS ENOUGH BALLS to admit when the game sucks or not - whether you like it or not. Deep down, YOU know PES/Konami took a wrong direction and gave us a PISS POOR game. I am sure there will be MORE TRUE PES FANS who actually admit the game stink than the ones like yourself. I rest my case. ;)

wot the hell are you on about the game is brilliant you just expect to much. i've got fifa and pes, pes is so much better to play you must be blind for not liking the game

I should be entitled to my opinion right, with that said I think PES and Konami are going in the wrong direction with its franchise. PES 2009 should of been a perfect football game, wait let me correct myself, PES2008 should of been a perfect game.

It should of been?

Another sad thread from whiny-town. If you are so unhappy with it, why not just leave it and walk away, it's a video-game, nothing more, Just leave it and Konami won't get any money from you, no need to feel pissed off just because others like it and don't mind paying for it.

Yeah and I don't think I have seen any one star reviews for PES 2009, anyone claiming that needs a reality check himself.

It should of been?

Another sad thread from whiny-town. If you are so unhappy with it, why not just leave it and walk away, it's a video-game, nothing more, Just leave it and Konami won't get any money from you, no need to feel pissed off just because others like it and don't mind paying for it.

Yeah and I don't think I have seen any one star reviews for PES 2009, anyone claiming that needs a reality check himself.

well said

wot the hell are you on about the game is brilliant you just expect to much. i've got fifa and pes, pes is so much better to play you must be blind for not liking the game
That's just as ignorant and stupid as anything iluvnineties has said, yet I notice nobody picks up on this? Grow up, both of you.

Nobody is "blind" for liking or not liking PES 09, but one thing I think we can all agree on is that we should have a better game in the year 2008 on such powerful hardware. All we're getting is the mechanics and general gameplay of a PS2 game with better graphics.
When you compare PES to other next-gen (well, current-gen now) sports games such as NBA 2k9, NHL 09, Top Spin 3 and FIFA 09 (imo, don't start whinging) - PES is a disgrace of a game in terms of the amount of control offered and depth of gameplay.

That's just as ignorant and stupid as anything iluvnineties has said, yet I notice nobody picks up on this? Grow up, both of you.

Nobody is "blind" for liking or not liking PES 09, but one thing I think we can all agree on is that we should have a better game in the year 2008 on such powerful hardware. All we're getting is the mechanics and general gameplay of a PS2 game with better graphics.
When you compare PES to other next-gen (well, current-gen now) sports games such as NBA 2k9, NHL 09, Top Spin 3 and FIFA 09 (imo, don't start whinging) - PES is a disgrace of a game in terms of the amount of control offered and depth of gameplay.

From a hardcore realist standpoint thats not realistic at all...football aint chess remember?...I hope EA makes stats more important and FIFA10 less chess-like than FIFA09 is...

I think that pretty much EVERYONE is just unhappy because we all know that neither game (FIFA and PES) is as perfect as we would like/expect. If it was the case that FIFA was near-perfect and PES was poor these days, then I don't believe anyone would whine, we would simply all be playing FIFA, saying how near perfect it is (btw, problem: if perfection is reached, where does the game developer go? Home?). However, we aren't all doing that, as FIFA is nowhere near perfect. It's just maybe considered better these days because Seabass has bodged his baby.

Bottom line: Anyone who spends time on here dis'ing PES, is obviously not that engrossed in the 'excellent' FIFA. I feel sorry for us all basically, as it's such an annoyance (not in the grand scheme of things, of course) to not have a really good footy game to play. Whereas, imo, a few years ago it was PES black and white, and it was great.

My congratulations. The most intelligent thing I have read from you in this forum.

You are the one who needs to see the big picture and get out of you little tiny world, don’t you see you present a very little amount of people who like the game, moaning about the game was always there in every release, but not as much as it is now, not so bad that makes you don’t buy the game, look at the online mode ffs, are you blind or something? you have to accept that the MAJORITY of people DON’T like the game, abd NO, its not the other way around, I was in these forum since 2002 and I know the negative reviews were there but not as much as now or the year before, and he is right, a REAL fan would realize that pes now is DEAD and would at least not buy the current game to wake konami up, just look at the reviews for pes2008 in the Japanese amazon.com site, ALMOST ALL REVIEWS ARE GIVNING IT ONE FUCKING STAR, that NEVER happened before. you need a reality check fanboy

edit:

"Thousand and thousand of people also like PES 2008"

Joke of the year

Sales shows that as a FACT, I don't agree with them since I think PES 2008 is terrible. I said that just to reply to his argument "thousands and thousands of people are moanin... I mean complaining about PES 2009"

About online, read what I wrote before. I think it is a bag of crap, but honestly in the past I was not an online gamer and neither now, since I live in Peru and my Internet connection is slow as hell to play online. I played PES5 online a lot and was a lot of fun with not a lot of lag, I would like a good online but I can live without it. Nothing said here means that online=piece of crap is acceptable, just the fact that I don't care a lot because I mainly play multiplayer with my friends.

I guess that for the online players FIFA is the best option. But for offline, PES cleans the floor with FIFA's ass. I still can't see the word gameplay with FIFA, but I guess that is kind of perception.

I have not seen anybody here defending PES 2008.

The bottom line for me is that with Konami moaning is kind of sport at forums. Even with the marvelous PES5 there was massive complaints in this forum. That says everything.

Back
Top Bottom