Why do we have BLIND FANS ???

I think fanboys are pathetic why tie yourself down to just using one game, I had every fifa AND pro evo since 1998 includin the iss series aswell, yes last years fifa was better and pro evo before last years was awesome, but this year in my opinion a come too a simple conclusion playin both an thats fifa you play for fun, pro evo if your a more serious football fan then you'l play that one. caz a do often play fifa with mates and pro evo as a single player, my opinion tho.

the problem is some people need to convince themselves that they made the right choice by going for a specific game, even if it means putting down others in the process.

People just need to grow up. :D

the problem is some people need to convince themselves that they made the right choice by going for a specific game, even if it means putting down others in the process.

People just need to grow up. :D

+1

I am just making time here until my copy arrives, then I won't be posting here so much, probably only at editing forum :APPLAUD:

Let's take a break here folks. My intentions were not to piss anyone off, looks like I did so I sincerely apologize. Let's all be adults here, and not attack anyone personally. We all love football and it's like a brotherhood now we are humans and that's normal to agree and disagree. For me personally both games suck FIFA 09 and PES 2009, that's why I'll be taking a break and play WE7I until someone comes up with a better true simulation football game. Now, can we all try and be mature, real adults and stop attacking one another. It's only a game. The reason why I started to vent in the first place, I guess I just miss playing a good game of football, that's all.

This is a 5 star thread you don’t need to apologise for anything my man, I just wish the majority of fans can be like you it kills me to see fans making excuses for this garbage game.
They say its better then PES08 but what exactly are you saying there? Any game is better then PES08 that's not really an accomplishment now is it.

Usually when the new PES arrives me and my cousins always go through A-Z in the game but the next gen versions are so inferior to the PS2 versions that I could not bring myself to play the game for more then 10 minutes.

1 thing I still can’t get over is the controls I can’t believe Konami would change the skill system for the gimmicky manual pass.
What was wrong with the skills system on the right analogue?
Out of all the terrible things to change in the game they go for the control system which was perfect!

I can't even do a drag back/flick the ball up and the most effective move in the game Marseille turn any more it’s pathetic.

It would make sense for them to at least give us the option to change it for people who prefer to use the right analogue for skills.

The skills are what separate the best players from the average ones when used properly.

I brought FIFA the day it came out because I felt let down that PES had changed the skill system so I opted to give FIFA a go.
Wow what a terrible game that is, I can't believe I spent £40 on that trash played around an hour with my cousin and we literally felt like we were going through a punishment.

The problem with FIFA is the player’s response times can get unbearable and it feels very clumsy also there is no individuality in the game, not to mention the ball physics are way to light

What I did enjoy about FIFA is all the options to go online, me and my 2 cousins were able play online on 1 PS3 which I thought was excellent.

Also can’t forget about the wide range of skill moves you can do in the game which is also very nice.

But all that is irrelevant if the game play is not up to scratch.
I’m hoping next years version comes correct because it seems Konami are going to keep digging a hole for them selves.

I am also playing WE7 on my PC and I play PES08 (PS2 version) on my PS3 with family and friends both are light years ahead of Konami’s next gen efforts.

I find it funny when compared to the PS3 the PS2 is such an inferior machine yet the PS2 versions are so much better then what Konami offers on the next gen platforms.

Regards.

This is a 5 star thread you don’t need to apologise for anything my man, I just wish the majority of fans can be like you it kills me to see fans making excuses for this garbage game.
They say its better then PES08 but what exactly are you saying there? Any game is better then PES08 that's not really an accomplishment now is it.

Usually when the new PES arrives me and my cousins always go through A-Z in the game but the next gen versions are so inferior to the PS2 versions that I could not bring myself to play the game for more then 10 minutes.

1 thing I still can’t get over is the controls I can’t believe Konami would change the skill system for the gimmicky manual pass.
What was wrong with the skills system on the right analogue?
Out of all the terrible things to change in the game they go for the control system which was perfect!

I can't even do a drag back/flick the ball up and the most effective move in the game Marseille turn any more it’s pathetic.

It would make sense for them to at least give us the option to change it for people who prefer to use the right analogue for skills.

The skills are what separate the best players from the average ones when used properly.

I brought FIFA the day it came out because I felt let down that PES had changed the skill system so I opted to give FIFA a go.
Wow what a terrible game that is, I can't believe I spent £40 on that trash played around an hour with my cousin and we literally felt like we were going through a punishment.

The problem with FIFA is the player’s response times can get unbearable and it feels very clumsy also there is no individuality in the game, not to mention the ball physics are way to light

What I did enjoy about FIFA is all the options to go online, me and my 2 cousins were able play online on 1 PS3 which I thought was excellent.

Also can’t forget about the wide range of skill moves you can do in the game which is also very nice.

But all that is irrelevant if the game play is not up to scratch.
I’m hoping next years version comes correct because it seems Konami are going to keep digging a hole for them selves.

I am also playing WE7 on my PC and I play PES08 (PS2 version) on my PS3 with family and friends both are light years ahead of Konami’s next gen efforts.

I find it funny when compared to the PS3 the PS2 is such an inferior machine yet the PS2 versions are so much better then what Konami offers on the next gen platforms.

Regards.

Excellent post, kudos! I especially agree with what's bolded above.

I would just like to say that I have both Fifa 09 and PES 2009, I started playing BAL on the day after I got my PES 2009 I haven't played fifa since then.

Ok the games has flaws but it plays like a PES game should, it's not fifa and I like it !!
:PINKS:

I can play freely, create chances the way I want to, Fifa just feels scripted even if it looks great, I can always score by working ronaldo in to a 1 on with the keeper (I play as MU as I'm a MU fan since I was 3 !)but in PES I lilke working the ball around and scoring new goals each time.

Like I say the game has flaws but like british rail used to say "we're geting there" !! ;)

Last edited:
That's fine. You enjoy your beloved PES 09 and enjoy being ripped off and enjoy filling Konami pockets with your money. I have no problem with that:P What I do have a problem is, thousands and thousands of fans who are REAL fans - do you know what a real fan is - let me explain it to you since you seem very juvenile. A true fan is someone who HAS ENOUGH BALLS to admit when the game sucks or not - whether you like it or not. Deep down, YOU know PES/Konami took a wrong direction and gave us a PISS POOR game. I am sure there will be MORE TRUE PES FANS who actually admit the game stink than the ones like yourself. I rest my case. ;)

Lordy, another thread bashing PES2009, what would we do without them ?
And bless, there are two of them having a go at people for liking it now ! :D

As for "PES2009 sucks because people are giving bad reviews to PES2008", ummm, yeah, good try. I'd have given PES2008 a bad score too, and I'm happy enough with PES2009.

@Rob92, first thing you've said on here for months I actually agree with - though it's hardly surprising that people who've been spending their time enjoying PES2009 aren't on here telling some PES2009 fanboy to button it and have a bit of perspective when we've been listening to the same kind of thing from PES bashers for months - that's for the opposition to do !
@Zakov - you got that right, some people are SO insecure they need others to tell them what they should enjoy, sheesh, juvenile's not the word.

You say if you dont like somthing dont buy into it and it will either go away or get better ay?

Stop replying to these stupid ****ing PES 2009 sucks threads then!

Lots of peaople like the game, lots dont. Get over it move on and stop boring me. Start some interesting threads up cos this shit is making this section a real pain to log on to.

I believe that it is because of fans on forums like these that the series has taken such a downturn. For the last couple of years people have been moaning and crying out for futile, superficial things like licenses and skills, and have demanded more control over player movement and more long range goals. Well as a result it seems the developers have focused on tricks and licenses more but forgotten about what made PES such a fun game in the first place. Add to that this new awkward, haphazard control dimension, which though I'm undecided as to whether it is realistic or not, I am certain it does not make the game more fun. In fact, it makes it frustrating and the game becomes a level playing field - you can be great at passing and moving, and be an intelligent player of the game, but the weird over-controls and the ease at which big-name players like Messi can dribble the ball makes being good at PES futile. For me, it has ruined a once-great experience. Fuck tricks, fuck licenses, just bring back the fun, challenging gameplay

I believe that it is because of fans on forums like these that the series has taken such a downturn. For the last couple of years people have been moaning and crying out for futile, superficial things like licenses and skills, and have demanded more control over player movement and more long range goals. Well as a result it seems the developers have focused on tricks and licenses more but forgotten about what made PES such a fun game in the first place. Add to that this new awkward, haphazard control dimension, which though I'm undecided as to whether it is realistic or not, I am certain it does not make the game more fun. In fact, it makes it frustrating and the game becomes a level playing field - you can be great at passing and moving, and be an intelligent player of the game, but the weird over-controls and the ease at which big-name players like Messi can dribble the ball makes being good at PES futile. For me, it has ruined a once-great experience. Fuck tricks, fuck licenses, just bring back the fun, challenging gameplay

Quality post mate... :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

while Konami is mostly known for sports games and such.

They made 2 series considered as one of the most popular games of all times : Silent Hill and Metal Gear. The problem is that each game has its own team and they rarely cooperate with each other.

So, the conclusion is licenses and game modes exclude improvement to gameplay? That's a pretty bad sacrifice given Konami can't even keep the number of licensed teams stagnant nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Konami for what they decide is the best course for their business. If they think investing in making a new game engine quickly won't improve sales enough to justify the cost, then so be it. I won't claim to understand their market and cost better than they do.

I just feel blaming pitfalls in the series on a (large or small) section of fans who pleaded for more licenses is not right.

Back
Top Bottom