Who has the best football fans in the world ?

Flares are fine Zagrabia, but they can be dangerous, and they do get thrown onto the pitch at refs/players. They are also banned in some countries (England for example), so you can't claim that English fans aren't passionate because you don't see flares.

The best fans?

A fenerbahce fan says fenerbahce fans.
A West ham fan says West ham.
A Marseille fan says Marseille.
A Galatasaray fan says Galatasaray.
A Celtic fan says Celtic.
A Man united fans says Man united.
An Everton fan says Everton.
A Liverpool fan says Liverpool.

So obviously.. the best fans are Juventus fans!

Obviously that is quite funny, but you cannot really argue that any one of those teams fans are less than class in a lot of respects so it kinda figures really.

I mean it isn't as if we have had Bolton fans saying Bolton or Wigan fans saying Wigan :lol:;)

Even so, the die hard Wigan fans that watched them in an uncovered stand in the pissing rain when they were in the 4th division are prety good. I did the same at Stockport on friday nights for years.

I said Celtic, but i'm not a fan...Celtic fans have got international appraisal for the way they support their team...
Somebody here talks about the bigotry between Celtic and Rangers, that's like saying that the present day Liverpool fans are still guilty of the Heysel drama, (and for the record, IMHO they weren't even "guilty" in 1986). It just is a stereotype...

I also like Rental Kid's joke about his band...it makes me think of the (in)famous Police gig with only 3 people as audience...Afterwards when they were succesfull Sting told this story and he added that at the time of success half of Brittain claimed to be one of these 3 people...there is still hope Rental kid...hope you make it...

PS: what kind of music are you playing???

I also have a very bad image of (most) Turkish fans...i would rate them among the worst fans...but that would be a generalization and unfair...but we certainly hear only negative things about Turkish fans.

Celtic, Liverpool, Marseille, Milan... should be at the hall of fame

Let me introduce yourselft No Name Boys, an organized supporters side of SL Benfica, best in Portugal in terms of chants and supporting:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23vh3_benficano-name-boys_sport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vDavv2hmew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muj6tidVvoU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AtGnXOYk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGmEuuv_x0

pt@nnb_w.gif

I also have a very bad image of (most) Turkish fans...i would rate them among the worst fans...but that would be a generalization and unfair...but we certainly hear only negative things about Turkish fans.

sorry but you are a prejudiced person.

and certainly, you know nothing about Turkish fans.

Liverpool best fans ? just because you singing "You'll never walk alone" ?

during all the game i listen only OM fans

Last edited:
Don't think there is a real answer to this question.

But if I had to pick just ONE team which I really don't want to do and don't think is right because there's a lot of clubs with great fans, yeh I guess I'd go for Celtic as well.

Don't think there is a real answer to this question.

But if I had to pick just ONE team which I really don't want to do and don't think is right because there's a lot of clubs with great fans, yeh I guess I'd go for Celtic as well.

I'm going for Celtic too - There's a lot of clap trap spouted about which clubs have great fans (and I obviously can't claim to have heard every team) but it's only Celtic games that I really hear proper noise. I don't mean just singing loudly, but a proper football atmosphere.

Maybe Dida burst an eardrum ;)

This is something we just can answer by being there with the fans,
It's something that can't be noted by video.
so as I've never been in europe I can't answer that question,
:D or I could say any brazilians fans.
Last weekend I was at the stadium and daaamn what a atmosphere, why they have sits here if everybody stays up jumpin and singing, we've lost :roll: but it was nice.
But ofcourse not every game is like that. But some games you know you are just going to party \\:o/\\:o/\\:o/

btw, does people jump in europe? i saw some fans jumpin on cska vs. fener but is it a common practice?

sorry but you are a prejudiced person.

and certainly, you know nothing about Turkish fans.

He's not a prejudiced person. He even said it was an unfair generalisation.

It's a common perception in England especially, (though Gerd is not from England) that Turkish fans are violent and this is because of 2 incidents in particular where Leeds and I think Arsenal fans were stabbed at UEFA cup matches a few years ago. Obviously this doesn't represent all Turkish fans but it's just what happens when things like this occurs.

Stop being so defensive.

I've seen video's of Chinese or Japanese fans on Soccer AM, they're awesome. Thousands singing the same song perfectly, its completely different to any other fans I've heard - but not necessarily better.

From my own experience I'd go for Celtic too - although obviously I haven't seen them all so I cant judge properly.

Liverpool best fans ? just because you singing "your never walk alone" ?

during all the game i listen only OM fans

Agree with you. Last year, in CL group stages, we had a match with Liverpool at Anfield and I heard only our chants in their stadium but the end of the match, when they beat us 3-2, they start to sing "You'll never walk alone.." But during the match, only Galatasaray chants was singing in Anfilend. I dont call it as a good supporting.

marukomu said:
In England, Turkish fans are mainly known for causing trouble so would never be seen as good fans, even though they might be.

It's all about the education. Our people generally educated from high school and our people cant control their behaviours because of their high passion to the their teams. But same goes for English supporters for me. In Euro 2000, more than 300.000 Turkish supporters went to Netherlands and Belgium to supoort our country and they didnt cause any trouble in that tournament. But, you know what English hooligans did in Euro 2000.

And everybody knows Leeds supporters did in Istanbul. They damaged whole city, they attack civilian people and one crazy Galatasaray supporter came and killed 2 Leeds fans. That shouldnt be all Turkish supporters image. This is only one and I'm sure that it wont be happen again.

Also Besiktas supporters was great yesterday too. As Quaresma said; "Hard to play with loud chants in Inonu Stadium".

Thanks jumberto...
Well yesterday proved it once again: Celtic...did you guys hear the singing after the goals...great...
Oh i really would like to watch one home match of Celtic in my life...

I don't think anyone has ever nominated Arsenal as the best fans in the world. They're some of the worst in England IMO :D

Oi, easy tiger. Arsenal fans on the whole aren't great to be honest, but there's certainly a lot worse. The move to the Emirates has made things a bit noisier. Why? Because a lot of the old Highbury North Bank was taken up by bond holders, some who were 70+ and did little but clap when a goal went in! :lol: Now they've all been broken up it's more animated. Not to mention 20,000 more people.

Anyway, for quality fans I think Portsmouth deserve a mention. I remember Arsenal spanking them 0-5 in a home FA cup tie a few years ago and they were still singing like they'd won the final right up to the 90. Henry payed his respects to them in the post match interview.

Back
Top Bottom