Who has the best football fans in the world ?

How many fans do Fenerbahce take to away games and away European games?

Turkey ,Away games (Every match) ( İzmir 30.000,40.000 ,Ankara 10.000,20.000 ,Antalya 10.000 ,Manisa,Bursa 4.000,5.000 ,the other cities %5 uefa rules :(:(

European I give you some samples: (Milan vs Fenerbahce 5.000) ,(Schalke Fenerbahce 10.000) ,(Anderlecht vs Fenerbahce: 3500) Alkmar vs Fenerbahce 3.000) vs like this ..

milano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAwmezl1RRI
Bruksel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGB9Smh1S2Y

Last edited:
Turkey ,Away games (Every match) ( İzmir 30.000,40.000 ,Ankara 10.000,20.000 ,Antalya 10.000 ,Manisa,Bursa 4.000,5.000 ,the other cities %5 uefa rules :(:(

European I give you some samples: (Milan vs Fenerbahce 5.000) ,(Schalke Fenerbahce 10.000) ,(Anderlecht vs Fenerbahce: 3500) Alkmar vs Fenerbahce 3.000) vs like this ..

milano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAwmezl1RRI
Bruksel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGB9Smh1S2Y

By the way, I wasn't being obstructive, just generally wondering.

I cannot really speak for other clubs, but nationally I don't think you can knock Scottish and English fans.
The sheer amount of fans taken to games is always startling.

At a major tournament, England will always have the most fans after the hosts, but in the case of Portugal 2004, we probably had more than them in the Championships game :lol:

Domestically in Britain, Man Utd, West Ham and Celtic for me have the best supporters as I would consider the amount of away following and noise made as a good barometer rather than the corporate, prawn sandwich munching brigade you get at home matches.

Man Utd home fans = Wank
Man Utd away fans (proper fans) = class

Don't forget us Evertonians. We have put up with some shite over the years but prior to the last couple of years and ground improvements had the 4th biggest home support in the EPL- despite where we have been finishing and we always have a very decent away support.

Man Utd are already very poor at home as you mention, can you imagine how bad they would be if they had Evertons resources, our stadium and our reults over the last 10 years?

I think as a whole Everton have been much better than Man Utd in terms of fan support at the match.

If you are talking sheer numbers or viseral/vocal support, then I guess you are going to be looking to Celtic and Rangers, Boca Juniors, Liverpool, Barca, Real, Galatasaray, Bayern etc

Loyalty of fans would be different again and would include Everton and West Ham, Sunderland in the EPL etc...prob a ton of teams over Europe that you 'd have to consider.

As for Fenerbahçe....those fans might be up there, I'd have to see more of their games to know.

Johhny come latley would be 50% of Chavski and about 30% of Man Utd fans Haha

Last edited:
Man Utd are already very poor at home as you mention, can you imagine how bad they would be if they had Evertons resources, our stadium and our reults over the last 10 years?

I disagree. I went regularly in the 70's and 80's before all the success and money and the noise was tremendous. The prawn sandwich brigade would disappear if the success did.

the support at the bigger clubs in england is dying on it's arse at the moment, inflated ticket prices, draconian rules in stadiums & plazzy glory hunting fans more interested in taking photos than supporting the team have ruined the game imho

like marukomo says all the corporates & tourists would do one if the success dried up and the hardcore support might be able to get back in the ground, in fact i wouldn't complain about liverpool getting relegated if it got all the wools, cockneys, irish & norwegians out the kop

like marukomo says all the corporates & tourists would do one if the success dried up and the hardcore support might be able to get back in the ground, in fact i wouldn't complain about liverpool getting relegated if it got all the wools, cockneys, irish & norwegians out the kop

Whoa slow down there fella..

The is nothing and I mean nothing less hardcore about a fan be that Liverpool or anyone else just because they are a cockney are Irish or are Norwegian etc, Jeez mate :roll:

The Irish in particular is a terrible example given that half of Liverpool has an Irish connection.

The issue you have mentioned is one of people going to games that are not proper fans because they are corporate hospitality types who are less interested in the football and more in the food, or people who are going to games because they are on the bandwagon of success. The issue is one of not being a true supporter.....not where they come from.

I think that is something that is actually a lot smaller and issue than many would think; it is something that affects the bigger clubs who are enjoying financial success.

It is wrong to suggest it is more wide spread or affecting the whole English gaem because it simply isn't. If you go to Everton, West Ham, Portsmouth, Sunderland you don't realy get that. In fact outside of the big four and maybe Newcastle to a lesser extent I don't think it exists at all. In fact go to any team outside the top flight and you wont see it whatsoever either.....you wont see much of it at any teams away games either.

P.S

If you're Norwegian and you travel to Merseyside to watch Liverpool I would say that would make you more hardcore and a more truer fan than many of those who go to the game who live in Anfield and I bet they shout pretty loud too.

Last edited:
I'm inclined to say Liverpool, firstly because of Bias, but also because English clubs have stamped out on violence and racism, whereas other countries seriously lag behind. I'm sorry, but I couldn't give a shit about flares and fireworks, bigoted chants and racist/ethnic divisions, and the 'ultra' culture. Just because you'll smash someones face in and cover yourself in tatoos, or fight for a reputation, that means squat, it just means your a violent nutter who's more interested in their own ego or some sort of primitave sense of vigilante belonging than the history of football and what you acheive on the field, be it work rate and never giving in, or the way you always play football to a postive manner, even if you don't have the resources to win trophies.

Liverpool fans can be intimidating but not over the top like Turkish teams, Red Star etc. Away fans offer join in with YNWA after the final whislte, or applaud it. We developed a terrarce culture. The flags/witty banners/scarves etc are still pretty much unique to this day. Wheras our fans put in the time and effort to make them, clubs like Chelsea design and produce them in mass quantities, they all turn out the same, they get handed them out to their fans, and it just has no character. The Mish mash of Red, White and Yellow in the Kop, with flags of different nations etc, is just pure visual excellence.

Liverpool fans have always had an element of inspiration and loyalty, we applaud over teams when they play us off the park, and we respect top quality players (unless they are from United or Everton)

That being said, i think recently our league atmopshere has drastically reduced, and this is for a number of reasons, that people have picked up on. The scrapping of terraces, ticket prices, day trippers, ticket allocation methods, glory hunters etc. I'm hoping the new stadium will help revive it.

Again touching on the issues of sectarianism, that's why I don't rate Celtic/Rangers fans as high as Liverpool. Their passion is actually fuelled by it.

Last edited:
Again touching on the issues of sectarianism, that's why I don't rate Celtic/Rangers fans as high as Liverpool. Their passion is actually fuelled by it.
That's not really fair though, every club has a few fans who do something stupid and ruin it for everyone.

In recent years Celtic have travelled all across Europe and have earned plaudits for their behaviour. There's hardly been a speck of trouble. :)

Liverpool fans are great though, the atmosphere just watching Liverpool play on TV is amazing.

Last edited:
The best fans?

A fenerbahce fan says fenerbahce fans.
A West ham fan says West ham.
A Marseille fan says Marseille.
A Galatasaray fan says Galatasaray.
A Celtic fan says Celtic.
A Man united fans says Man united.
An Everton fan says Everton.
A Liverpool fan says Liverpool.

So obviously.. the best fans are Juventus fans!

pretty impressed with the thousands of Korean fans in Seoul watching the world cup. Really got behind the team and then when the game finished they cleaned up the rubbish they had left.

I don't think anyone has ever nominated Arsenal as the best fans in the world. They're some of the worst in England IMO :D

Yugoslavian/Croat fans actually helped to start a war ffs. Kudos. Not.

Last edited:
The best fans?

Although none of them have a put forward a case for it. Like I've said, Flares, Violence, Firms/Ultras do not impress me, they havea no place in football what-so-ever.

I'm also against hooliganism, but flares are not violence (if not thrown at someone). I'm kinda old school and this fancy comfort popcorn fans do not impress me either. This I have at home, watching it on TV. But flares & stuff give me that special "football feeling".

The best fans?

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom