Who has the best football fans in the world ?

why bother replying if you are just going to flame and disagree on everything just simply say "i got my own mindset and i wont agree or try to see different way of things" and from your discussions these can go on forever because there isn't really a point of discussing what is never going to change. Like i've said you can say your opinion on everything as much as you want but it becomes as flaming because nothing will change in the end.

Let’s get this straight I am flaming you am I?

Right so then why is it that your first post to me comes in this form then?

vanzan you are really missing a point.

and in this form?

it might different to your standards or your close minded opinions but you have to accept the fact that its been settled like that due to fans expression to their teams whether be it extreme or not.

You don’t have a very good grip on reality have you.

You flamed me, NOT the other way around. I have since gone on to make detailed posts and express my opinion, I have NOT flamed you whatsoever- if anything in ONE post I said if you do not like my opinion hard shit or tough, because you flamed me, but that is it.

You can stop trying to use the psychological passive aggressive technique because it is not working.

The fact is you have stated your opinion and I have stated my opinion. The difference is that you tried to paint my opinion as being closed minded and ignorant and said that I am missing the point and you did it from the get go.

Last edited:
i was crtizising your posts generally in this forum besides the fact that you can flame someone about their personality without knowing is past over the discussion i will no longer argue , you can continue calling people names.

Last edited:
i was crtizising your posts generally in this forum besides the fact that you can flame someone about their personality is past over the discussion i will no longer argue , you can continue calling people names.

You are the one flaming people NOT me.

Where have I flamed you?

You came into this thread and in your first post flamed me. Where am I flaming other people?

I had a problem on the board at one point where people kept calling me someone else, the name of another poster (who I am not). I had an argument with some people over this and it would seem it is now history as people have seen that I am not this other poster who they thought I was...but that is the only problem I have had.

Why don't you stop passing comment on me, stop flaming me and concentrate on making you own points. Why don't you make detailed posts that express your viewpoint without resorting to flaming me or generally following me around in order to make shitty comments?

So far I have very little idea of what you actually do think.

I have seen you sling mud and burn barns, but I do not have much of an idea as to the nature of your opinions because you haven't posted anything pertaining to particularly anything at all. I see no positive contribution....why not give a detailed post about what you think instead of just trying to run me down?

Just an idea.

As it stands I know that you don't agree with my posts and stand against them, but I have no idea what you actually stand FOR. :roll:

P.S

Please don't bother making another negative post...offer something in the way of your opinions on the subject not me.

Last edited:
You are the one flaming people NOT me.

Where have I flamed you?

You came into this thread and in your first post flamed me. Where am I flaming other people?

I had a problem on the board at one point where people kept calling me someone else, the name of another poster (who I am not). I had an argument with some people over this and it would seem it is now history as people have seen that I am not this other poster who they thought I was...but that is the only problem I have had.

Why don't you stop passing comment on me, stop flaming me and concentrate on making you own points. Why don't you make detailed posts that express your viewpoint without resorting to flaming me or generally following me around in order to make shitty comments?

So far I have very little idea of what you actually do think.

I have seen you sling mud and burn barns, but I do not have much of an idea as to the nature of your opinions because you haven't posted anything pertaining to particularly anything at all. I see no positive contribution....why not give a detailed post about what you think instead of just trying to run me down?

Just an idea.

i like to keep it short and detailed but i guess you like longer posts , well i was just trying to point out that you like to argue and seemed like a bit flaming to me since you like to argue and disagree with most people its just in your nature so you can continue on you way of making posts like i've said no one can change whats already there so arguing about fans isnt going to change how they act against one and another.

i like to keep it short and detailed but i guess you like longer posts , well i was just trying to point out that you like to argue and seemed like a bit flaming to me since you like to argue and disagree with most people its just in your nature so you can continue on you way of making posts like i've said no one can change whats already there so arguing about fans isnt going to change how they act against one and another.

I do not argue all the time though, sorry I just don't. Go and ask Lo Zio, Juveboy, ask Peter Eyres or Tobi, Steevio etc.

I state with honesty what my opinion is, sometimes that is in alignment with other people, sometimes there are slight differences and other times big differences. I chat a LOT about football in accordance with other peoples views and I debate views with othr people to. But none of it is personal and none of it is flaming.

The only person guilty of flaming here in this thread is you. You came in and flamed me with your opening post, so really it is not right for you to act the naughty schoolboy and then try to rebuke me as though you are the headmaster. In other words don't tell people off for what you are doing. Now let's put this behind us.

You say no one can change what is already there so there is no point arguing.

What does that mean in real terms?

The fact is none of us can change a single decision in football, so according to your logic, by logical extension of your argument, none of us should debate anything in football, not a penalty decision, not a sending off.....nothing, because none of it can be changed.

That doesn't make any sense to me.

But look forget all this and because...

I still have no idea what your views are on this subject matter in this thread because you have never really presented them.

Why don't you post a detailed picture of what you actually think?

I will not flame you even if I might not agree.

Last edited:
Vanzandt aint a flamer. Seems to reply to people with respect!

Anyway van, you're right there are many other factors in Italy, but from what I saw when living in Milan (up until last year, I'm in London now for Uni), was that going to football games was seen as expensive and travelling around is just as expensive, especially if it requires flying to many of the southern destinations and the time of the night games. We still have 8:30pm games, but generally those are quite full.

ok vanzan next time i will not reply to your posts towards you as it leads to an argument which i dont think its necessary or even needed and yes you can tell me i am sentimental and have no grip on life as u wish.

Last edited:
Vanzandt aint a flamer. Seems to reply to people with respect!

Grazie Milanista.

Anyway van, you're right there are many other factors in Italy, but from what I saw when living in Milan (up until last year, I'm in London now for Uni), was that going to football games was seen as expensive and travelling around is just as expensive, especially if it requires flying to many of the southern destinations and the time of the night games. We still have 8:30pm games, but generally those are quite full.

I have only quoted what is being said in the media and by the financial people who have spoken to the clubs to some degree, but this does not mean what I am saying is correct, I might be wrong or the degree to which I have made my statements might be out.

I am just quoting what I am hearing. I think it must be a factor certainly, but perhpas its effects are being overstated, I don't know. Certainly I take you at your word for the situation that you speak of in Milan and your experience at the matches....like I said I would not try to tell you how to suck eggs or pretend to try to tell you about your own game.

I think this whole issue of who is or isn't a good fan is very narrow. Vocal fans are not always the best, as you have to take into account so many diverse aspects of following your club. Like I said going to crappy away games on wet wednesdays or in heat or cold etc on long trips...that can make you a better supporter than a bloke who shouts his lungs out at home games but has never seen an away teams stadia. A family blok who not only buys his ticket but also brings his children to the game and gets them tickets, maybe buys them the kit etc....all this comes into it. So to does shouting for your team and backing them in the right way...my problem has been where people think that extreme support equalls the best support and the support that gives the club the most backing, but this is far from being the truth as can be seen with ultras and people like them.

P.S

I do not mean to say or imply that the problem of extreme or ultra fans is restricted to seria a or that it stems from seria a- no.

That would be as untrue as the old statement in the 70s and the 80s that hooliganism was the English disease, when in fact we were bad but so were a lot of other countries. The problem of these types of fans is in many countries and a potential in all countries. In England we had a lot of these problems in the past so my post is kind of saying "I hate these people", they are bad for the game etc. It is not saying in some smug manner that we are better because these problems are gone, because we all worry about these types of things and want them out of the game...or at least we should IMHO.

I would like to hear Ret KiT's opinion in detail...know what he actually thinks.

ok vanzan next time i will not reply to your posts towards you as it leads to an argument which i dont think its necessary or even needed and yes you can tell me i am sentimental and have no grip on life as u wish.

:roll:

You come in and flame me first post, I gave my opinion and said if you don't like it hard shit. You then call me a flamer. I explain my opinion, why I think the way I do in detail and you flame me for more things. Then you call me a flamer of all people generally. I say this is a bit rich and ask you for your opinion and to stop posting negatively and we get the above...:roll:

Just leave me alone and state your own opinion or just don't post at all. I would love it if you did either; posted your opinions or left me alone. Just please don't keep posting negative remarks with zero information about your opinion, with only negative comments about me or my opinion. Post something, something actually positive, detailed, worthwhile that say what you actually thin about this issue and not about me...

Last edited:
i'm not really interested in this subject, honestly, and i have no idea who would deserve to be named as best fans....
.. but i don't think any italian fans should deserve to be mentioned.

our stadia's attendance is quite low and i don't think the economic crisis italian football is facing has anything to do with it (sorry Milanista, bu i have to disagree with u on that point :)). that's a club's problem, not a fan's problem.
actually our matches tickets are the cheapest in europe (at least comparing it with the other top 5 leagues) but still seeing our stadia full is something really unusual.

of course this is also due to our stadia's quality (we have the worst stadia in europe).... but anyway we (almost) never fill our stadia, and that's a fact that can't be denied.

moreover the majority of the italian fans don't really have a real sport culture. we (exactly as the spanish) usually can't handle the loss, usually we don't give credit to the winner. that's another factor, when u have to judge a fan.

we are probably the most passionate fans in europe, and we probably know football much more than english, spanish, german or french fans (at least the majority of us), but we have a bad mentality, we usually don't express our passion in a proper way, and we are far from being fair fans :roll:

if u add our ultras issue to this situation, the result is pretty embarassing :roll:

Don't ask me; I think vanzandt is a right cunt.....

;)

I appreciate your candid support, you dark humoured little pixie:lol:

i'm not really interested in this subject, honestly, and i have no idea who would deserve to be named as best fans....
.. but i don't think any italian fans should deserve to be mentioned.

our stadia's attendance is quite low and i don't think the economic crisis italian football is facing has anything to do with it (sorry Milanista, bu i have to disagree with u on that point :)). that's a club's problem, not a fan's problem.
actually our matches tickets are the cheapest in europe (at least comparing it with the other top 5 leagues) but still seeing our stadia full is something really unusual.

of course this is also due to our stadia's quality (we have the worst stadia in europe).... but anyway we (almost) never fill our stadia, and that's a fact that can't be denied.

moreover the majority of the italian fans don't really have a real sport culture. we (exactly as the spanish) usually can't handle the loss, usually we don't give credit to the winner. that's another factor, when u have to judge a fan.

we are probably the most passionate fans in europe, and we probably know football much more than english, spanish, german or french fans (at least the majority of us), but we have a bad mentality, we usually don't express our passion in a proper way, and we are far from being fair fans :roll:

if u add our ultras issue to this situation, the result is pretty embarassing :roll:

Lo zio I think Milanista and yourself are FAR more qualified to talk about the facts on the ground and issue surrounding Italian football (in fact I know you are). My comment was only relating to information that I had come by...so I stay out of this one.

Anyway like I have kept on saying;

Being a good/great supporter is not limited to being the loudest, many factors enter the quation, some I have mentioned so I wont repeat them. I feel the scope of the thread was limited hence me sticking the orr in and two pence worth into the equation.

I also feel that often people mistake ultra type behaviour as equating to really good or the best support and again that is why I said what I did.

None of us can say these are the best fans, or these are over here, too many factors enter the equation and the judgement is too subjective and depends upon the criteria you set...

But certainly we cannot think of just very loud home support mean X team is the best...as that isn't true.

P.S

We have had a lot of trouble in the past in English football and no doubt at some point in the future if we do not guard against it (and maybe even if we do) we may have serious fan toruble. It can happy in any country to any team...so I apologise to the Italian lads if I have seemed to have focused in any way on seria as that was not my intention. Ultra is a by-word for hooliganism, but we see it so many places. Right now there is quite a big problem in some parts of eastern Europe...tomorrow it will be elsewhere. UEFA certainly could do a lot more work than they do to help, they do not really do enough to stamp out the problem in some quarters and race is still an unfortunate issue that is raised and not adequately dealt with some places as well....

I know the title of the thread was best fans...maybe I have gone too far in my comments, I don't know. I just felt that not only did the question have to take in a wider view of the good, but it also had to point to the bad and the problems that sometimes comes with a certain type of support.

Last edited:
so I apologise to the Italian lads if I have seemed to have focused in any way on seria as that was not my intention.

u have nothing to apologise for, mate. Your points about the italian situation are absolutely correct and i also share your opinion about the "wider view" .

;):)

Last edited:
Portsmouth, for reals.

In all seriousness football has the best football fans so football is the winner :]

Glasgow Celtic and Liverpool know how to turn it up..:D, But have to say seen a morrocan derby recently on TV cant remeber who the teams where, But the colours and the passion was unreal..:applause:

Great AEK Athens video there polakis.

Last edited:
Seriously guys? You should consider South America as the best football fans in the world, they are truly the most passionate in the world and the best to support the team in the stadium, they don't sit and watch, they stand and sing the whole game, the bring drums, musical instruments, flags, everything they can to show their passion, their love, they literally give their lives for the team... take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OV1Op_ZNoU
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzUhZofTIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNdEQjGz04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakzPBc994U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ScGHL_ogGg

If I had to pick a team I'd pick GRÊMIO
Can't see any better in this planet...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom