Who does not like the PES2009? Please enter her and say why

This is a topic only for those who don't like PES2009 =/ Respect this, please...

I don't like the new control system.
Now I have to choose my player with :l1: even if I make a pass. Weird:brick:
And it happens often that I have the wrong player.
Very confusing:SS
Hope there will be the normal mode, like in all other PES series, otherwise I have to get used to it, because I always played in the 'manual-player-select mode'.:LOL:

I don't like the new control system.
Now I have to choose my player with :l1: even if I make a pass. Weird:brick:
And it happens often that I have the wrong player.
Very confusing:SS
Hope there will be the normal mode, like in all other PES series, otherwise I have to get used to it, because I always played in the 'manual-player-select mode'.:LOL:

Simply choose "semi-auto" and you'll get manual in defense and auto (which was manual in earlier PES) in attack.

I don't know if i like it or not. Have been playing some games, and i don't get how you attack the ball (like when you used to hold X to steal the ball) i always miss a clear shot that in pes6 i would score easily, keepers are sometimes awful other times good but never above that, the runs are soooooo weird they run like cartoons, they almost start running in the same place and then accelerate, even messi with 99 of it takes ages to start running. Another thing that came from pes2008 is the stupid movements of the players when im passing or looking for some1 to pass to.

This is the greatest footbal game On PC up until now.Its awesome and it better by miles from earlier PES and FIFA. th only thing i didnt like was the ball shots. its like shotgun .. they shoud have made it more subtle and randomized. but apart from that gameplaywise and gaphically its the best looking game on earth right now !

This is the greatest footbal game On PC up until now.Its awesome and it better by miles from earlier PES and FIFA. th only thing i didnt like was the ball shots. its like shotgun .. they shoud have made it more subtle and randomized. but apart from that gameplaywise and gaphically its the best looking game on earth right now !
Drugs will do you in you know, especially at the amounts you must be doing...

Played a few games last night and I like PES2009 except for one element. Through balls. What the hell has happened to them? They worked fine in pes2008 but now suddenly they don't go anywhere you want them to. I'll be in the centre of the pitch with a man making a run down the wing. I press in his direction and hit the through ball button, and for some reason my player turns around and hits the ball in completely the wrong direction. And this is with top teams featured in the demo, I can only imagine how bad it will be trying to play through balls with weak teams. Hope this is fixed for the full version but somehow I doubt it.

I think it's funny how PES fanboys are defending the game until the cows come home. Don't be ignorent and accuse other people of outlandish lies just because you have the blinkers on....if other people, especially FORMER PES players are saying Fifa is better there is obviously a big reason for it!

I used to be a religious PES fanatic, but I have to say this year it seems Fifa 09 really is the better game. I didn't like the PES demo I instantly had more fun on Fifa.

I'm not a Fifa convert or a fanboy at all I just play whichever is the best game at any time and right now I have to say it is Fifa.

Reason why I think the PES demo (and most probably the full game) sucks balls this year is this:

1) Looks the same as last year, including the god awful nets!

2) Chants are awful.

3) They took out things that didn't need taking out (manual GK cursor)

4) Passing is off.

5) Shooting the ball just crap now, no power or control in the shot.

6) The main thing is taking all this into consideration and in doing so it just does not feel like PES anymore.

So if the PES fanboys wanna play a crap game again this year then fair enough but don't be moaning in 3 months saying PES is crap this year and Konami are evil if you're saying the game is good now.

I would like to ask people in these times to remember why we got onto the PES series in the first place, it was because we had our eyes open and we weren't blinkered by Fifa's polish and yet we could see the gameplay shine through with ISS Pro Evolution....we weren't fanboys we just appreciated a really good game and developers that were trying their best. And if you use the same objectivity now you will realise that PES this year is crap and Fifa is the better game this year and that EA and Konami have had a role reversal on next gen systems at least.

But whatever I am happy to see that EA has been trying hard to catch up to PES in gameplay and I am pleased that this year they have achieved it...possibly only because Seabass has comitted suicide on the PES series but the fact still remains.

I can do without fanboys trying to shoot this post down....don't even bother because I am not a fanboy of either and I have no patience for fanboys in general because they tend not to accept reality versus their love for a game/franchise and hence their opinions are moot because of it but they won't shut up. Basically fanboys are generally annoying and most of the time I just want to chin fanboys for being so obviously ignorent.

Last edited:
It appears to be flawed but it is still 100 times better than the FIFA09 PC demo. That was truly awful.

I would even disagree with that (optimisation aside) but comparing Fifa 09 PC and PES 2009 PC isn't fair because you are deliberately comparing an inferior version of a certain game with a next gen game because they share the same platform in common.

Comparing PES 2009 on any platform against the "real" Fifa 09 on Xbox360 and PS3 and there isn't really a comparison. PES this year has lost it's feel. It isn't PES anymore from a gameplay perspective and from a graphical perspective it looks like last year's game did which is also a bad thing. I mean just look at the chants they have in the demo how could they think they don't sound annoying ? And the shoddy looking nets ? Apply the same design decisions to the game itself and it's no wonder that the game has lost it's edge severely.

I might say it does look promising for the PS2 version of PES but not if the shooting and passing is the same.

This supposed 2010 PES revolution can't come quickly enough but I just think Konami have screwed it all up already to be honest and really lost it's focus on what made PES great and yet Fifa has turned the corner and has the bit between their teeth and now Konami's franchise is in deep trouble. If next year follows the current path it's on then Fifa will have officially overtaken PES and PES will be officially a shadow of it's former self.

Is the best soccer game of the last decade past it's prime when it should be in it ? I think so. It's the same with world class players, 2 years ago Ronaldinho was the best player in the world and now that he has done nothing since, nobody cares.

And if it's true that you are only as good as your last game then PES is on so much borrowed time because they haven't released a great game since PES 5, PES 6 was good but had gone downhill from PES 5 and that's where the rot set in.

Last edited:
yea fifa is always bad on pc, but on xbox and 360 i must agree that fifa09 really is the much better game this year

I would even disagree with that (optimisation aside) but comparing Fifa 09 PC and PES 2009 PC isn't fair because you are deliberately comparing an inferior version of a certain game with a next gen game because they share the same platform in common.

Of course it is fair to compare new football games released on the same format. Why would I compare a PC game with an Xbox one? That isn't fair. I don't own a console so comparing with them is useless to me.

Of course it is fair to compare new football games released on the same format. Why would I compare a PC game with an Xbox one? That isn't fair. I don't own a console so comparing with them is useless to me.

And that is why you will not understand the objectivity of the argument. You don't own consoles and so you don't see the argument from all sides...I'll break it down for you PES2009 on Xbox360,PS3 and PC is exactly the same it's basically ported across the 3 machines like for like. Fifa on the other hand is not. Sadly. Fifa on the PS3 and Xbox360 is far, far superior to the PC version of the game which is basically a port of the PS2 games if anything - and they aren't optimised (I can run Crysis on very high settings at max resolution perfectly playably and yet struggle really struggle to run Fifa on full settings go figure).

So essentially you are comparing next gen PES with last gen Fifa and that's why it is unfair because you are deliberately avoiding comparing next gen PES 2009 with next gen Fifa 09 which on the other hand IS a fair fight and one which PES is knocked out in I feel.

And I think that is why alot of people are doing the same thing in doing this because they know Fifa "owns" PES this year but they can't and won't admit it.

Last edited:
And that is why you will not understand the objectivity of the argument. You don't own consoles and so you don't see the argument from all sides...I'll break it down for you PES2009 on Xbox360,PS3 and PC is exactly the same it's basically ported across the 3 machines like for like. Fifa on the other hand is not. Sadly. Fifa on the PS3 and Xbox360 is far, far superior to the PC version of the game which is basically a port of the PS2 games if anything - and they aren't optimised (I can run Crysis on very high settings at max resolution perfectly playably and yet struggle really struggle to run Fifa on full settings go figure).

So essentially you are comparing next gen PES with last gen Fifa and that's why it is unfair because you are deliberately avoiding comparing next gen PES 2009 with next gen Fifa 09 which on the other hand IS a fair fight and one which PES is knocked out in I feel.

And I think that is why alot of people are doing the same thing in doing this because they know Fifa "owns" PES this year but they can't and won't admit it.

for people that dont have or dont want to buy any console...pes2009 is sadly better than fifa09....
i just hope ea gets greedy enough to push konami out of the pc...

What we can expect from PES series is a little improvement in every year but not a huge, complete changes included in the coming year release!
Below are my point-out for areas which should be take care of
1.No flexibility on additional mins adding in every match, which is not realistic to the real one which should be replying on no.of injuries included in every match.
2.Narrowed minded on attack mode for AI which strictly going to the bottom line for fast passing setting for striker waiting in middle.
3.Different throwing styles should be added for off-line ball from hand. At least 1-2
4.Climate's effects is not adding and the effects is not apparent. We can still have players dribbling fast on heavy rain without losing the balance.
5.Referee's stupid judging style should be ruled out. Sometimes, you can't define you are the one was fouled or you foul others what you are back-sided waiting for teammates's headover passing from the back. Also, when you are waiting for the corner's kick from teammates.
6.All of the audience are like paper-sided which still yet to be improved in the pass 2006-2008 series

I am only concerned with what is the best available football game on the PC. This year is PES yet again. Fifa may be better on different formats but that is of no use to me.

09 it's a good game, for a "3 years ago" player. PES 2009 just don't feel atractive enough to a game made in the year 2008, the graphics and the ball physics are terrible, the ball floats like a balloon! The AI is good, especially the defensive part. People every year try to upgrade their computer because games keep getting better and prettier, but I think that Konami spent too much time making nice menus, and forgot about the game itself. PES 2008 has it flaws, but it's a nice and good looking game for the PC, especially playing against humans, it's a very fun game.

i like 2009. feels more balanced than 2008, especially dispossesing and tackling. At first i thought the players running animations looked poor, then i played the demo on a bigger flat tv screen and it looks half decent, but then it seemed unrealisticly quick.

just hope that all players are at the right clubs for the full game. i.e Robinho not at Real and Riera is at Livepool, this will annoy me no end. And of course the online lag is sorted from 2008. please god...........

what I do not like:

1. graphic - it looks plastic and unrealistic
2. playesr moves in weird way
3. right analog stick disbled for special moves (lifting the ball, roulette...)
4. and the worst of all: no control over the keeper, why the f.... konami did it??? now passing to the keeper is very dangerous, you never know where he will pas the ball, and you can not buy some time using your keeper, I can not understand konami at all. If this will not be changed in final version I definitely skip PES2009 like I had skiped PES2008 - for me it is impossible to play without the keeper.

i also like pes 2008 more... the movements and gameplay is more fluid in 2008 than in 2009, the graphic and models are better in 2008, the ball is too slow in 2009, goalkeepers in 2009 are the worst in whole pes franchise... only the crowd looks better and shoots are more more realistic in pes 2009... all other things are better in pes 2008... for now... let's wait the full game...

there isn't manual goalkeeper.... and goalkeeper controlled by CPU is very poor

I've played about 30 15 minute games so far and I'm strting to dislike it. Seeing the same things I hated about the recent releases.
Back to PES5 for me with an updated option file.

there isn't manual goalkeeper.... and goalkeeper controlled by CPU is very poor

I have passed back to the goalkeeper and I can dribble with him and have full control.

Select semi-assisted control and you can control the keeper.

I do think the goalkeepers are still poor as they spill nearly every shot.

I think peoples opinion of the game depends on their pc grpahic card , processor,monitor settings and therefore how the game runs.

It is not slow or choppy and the gameclip is exactly how it runs on my pc.

well look i have an 8800gt with dualcore no low specs something is very strange here this footage is from a ps3 version look at the way c ronaldo and tevez runs away from the players this is not the same on pc

Back
Top Bottom