Who does not like the PES2009? Please enter her and say why

panda

Conference
14 March 2005
Who doesn't like?

I'm doing a search to know the number of people who not like the Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 and and probably will continue to play Pro Evolution 2008.

Or i'm only one?

And try to tell us why u don't like, please.

To me, this game have a poor gameplay. Improved the time of play (tempo), staying more real, more like a real game, but worsened in others aspects. The ball physics is like crap, the players are hard to move (too smooth, too hard to create good moves), the 3D model of the game is simply horrible and several others reasons. :((

Each time i'm play the PES2009, more PES2008 i want to play.

ps.: Please, just who dont like. This is not a topic for discussion if the game is bad or not. Already exist a topic for this.

ps2.: Sorry for my bad english =/

Who doesn't like?

I'm doing a search to know the number of people who not like the Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 and and probably will continue to play Pro Evolution 2008.

Or i'm only one?

And try to tell us why u don't like, please.

To me, this game have a poor gameplay. Improved the time of play (tempo), staying more real, more like a real game, but worsened in others aspects. The ball physics is like crap, the players are hard to move (too smooth, too hard to create good moves), the 3D model of the game is simply horrible and several others reasons. :((

Each time i'm play the PES2009, more PES2008 i want to play.

ps.: Please, just who dont like. This is not a topic for discussion if the game is bad or not. Already exist a topic for this.

ps2.: Sorry for my bad english =/

why dont you try this?

virtuastriker4_a.jpg

http://www.deafgamers.com/vs3.htm

Well i had to get used to speed again, compared to the ultra high speed in 2008
But after like half day playin i think its rly good,everythin is working proparly like freekicks and so on, i think ur little right sometimes with the form of players, seems like they r rly tired and dont excellerate fast enough.. i think thats part of that konami put all player on normal form so no1 is playin superb ( not sure tho =p ) Bout the gfx.. im sry but its same and at least better then 2008 version hehe so i dont agree with that.

Ok, u liked PES2009, but this thread is to DON'T liked :P

Everyone has a different opinion about a game. Some preferred PES2008, others PES6, others PES2009. And nobody is tottaly right or tottaly wrong. Just different visions.

But this thread is really to people who don't like PES2009.

Its horrible. Blocky graphics, horrible animations, poor ai, the pace of the game is shocking. Its Pes2008 with a few new licensed clubs and a Be A Pro Mode.

Seems to have a lot of the same problems as always such as misplaced passes, super fast computer defenders, not time throw ins but you can't get near the computer players... BUT, definitely better than PES6 and 2008 so maybe they won me back.

I hate pes 2008.But i liked pes 2009.Gameplay is much better,optimazation is very good .There are champions league,legend mods.I wouldnt expect more from a demo.

I don't like:

1. Running animation (they move like robots)

2. Referees are not fixed.. too strict

3. Tackles are not heard loud enough. Even if I contact the ball or the opponent's legs. I would like to hear the bones cracking

4. Defenders still useless... not like pes5 (best so far). More like pes2008 where you could take Martins or Christiano Ronaldo and elbow everybody who tries to push you around

In general, a huge improvement over pes2008 but still I was expecting it a bit better. If they fix the online rooms I will start playing again online

I like it. and i think that pes2009 is better than 6 and 2008.

Man dont care about other people. you have own brain !!!!

Last edited:
i hate it, atleast the demo we can hope that the real game is another build, its just terrible its pes2008 with small changes and pes2008 is the worst thing that has ever happend to football videogames, i say trash the whole thing and start over from the pes5-6 engine

to make a list of the things i hate about this game

I hate:

1. the running animations and how the players skid across the pitch like it was ice
2. the ball physics, it feels like youre playing with a 20kg ball and the shots dont look natural
3. the audio, everything echoes and sounds hollow, the atmosphere in the stadium sucks aswell
4. the referee's, they are too strict they call fauls for fair tackles and give cards 90% of the time
5. that the keepers are still as bad as in pes2008 and leave rebounds on every single shot
6. the gamespeed, its better then 2008 but still too fast to be really enjoyable
7. that goals dont feel earned, you score and it feels like nothing happend really
8. every goal is the same, every time I score it feels like I have seen that goal already
9. you can still take a fast player like c.ronaldo or messi and dribble past the whole comp team, harder now but still

10. every time you load for a shot when the ball is abit out of reach the striker slides over the pitch to finish instead of keep running till he gets close enough to make a decent shot, even if there is no defender to pressure him

11. strikers will do anything to avoid finishing with their weaker foot, for instance even if its a perfect position for rooney to shoot with his left he will twist his body and try to place it with his right, most of the times missing by a whole lot

12. Most of all i think i hate the graphics couse it remninds me of pes2008

for me if the finished game isnt alot better, its probably gonna be pes6 for another year or sadly, Fifa09:(

Last edited:
i dont agree with you about ball physic and shoots.I scored a lot of different goals.Shoots were unrealistic in Pes 2008.Now it is ok and hard to take I think.Special moves are easy to make and it works when shooting.You can switch between foots to take a better shoot.Agree about Ronaldo and players like that.Crowds and turf look better at medium mode this time.Good news for editing.

Well, I think PES 2009 is a good improvement of PES 2008.

-The graphics are finer and it looks very impressing.
-The animations are great so far.
-The wide-camera is now perfect!!! You have a grat overview and it looks really realistic.
-The gamplay has improved

What I don't like is the stadium atmosphere, the chants are too often repeated and to monotonous.
But I think a patched PES2009 will be a very great game.

What is the point of this thread. So you can compile a list of who hates the game ?
What then ?

It will change nothing.

I hated PES 2008 and stuck with pes6.

Now I think pes 2009 is superb & am already enjoying editing and improving it.

This forum is about playing the game and editing,we are all individuals.

If others dont like pes2009 , so what ?

I would if only it got released for PC one day. :((

VS is one of the best soccer series ever, period. Of course, you have to play with a different mind, an "arcadey" mind to be precise. But be sure that if you played it with the correct mind you'd LOVE it, especially VS2!! :TU:

Back to the topic then: the PES2009 demo isn't anything really special, but I feel they took a step in the right direction, comparing it to PES2008. The ball physics (and the players' motion) are still a little odd, but they're more "PES6-ish" (meaning "better", not just similar to PES6) than the ones seen in PES2008..

Give a little time to it and see if you manage to get used, it may be worth..

Last edited:
Wow! (not World of Warcraft).... I don´t understand..is a "I don´t like the game post" why everybody enters to say "I like it"...get out if you like it play it if you don´t enter and smash it..:D...like me..

What i don´t like...:

To me, this game have a poor gameplay. Improved the time of play (tempo), staying more real, more like a real game, but worsened in others aspects. The ball physics is like crap, the players are hard to move (too smooth, too hard to create good moves), the 3D model of the game is simply horrible and several others reasons
Blocky graphics, horrible animations, poor ai, the pace of the game is shocking

3. Tackles are not heard loud enough. Even if I contact the ball or the opponent's legs. I would like to hear the bones cracking

4. Defenders still useless... not like pes5 (best so far). More like pes2008 where you could take Martins or Christiano Ronaldo and elbow everybody who tries to push you around
1. the running animations and how the players skid across the pitch like it was ice
2. the ball physics, it feels like youre playing with a 20kg ball and the shots dont look natural
3. the audio, everything echoes and sounds hollow, the atmosphere in the stadium sucks aswell
4. the referee's, they are too strict they call fauls for fair tackles and give cards 90% of the time
5. that the keepers are still as bad as in pes2008 and leave rebounds on every single shot
6. the gamespeed, its better then 2008 but still too fast to be really enjoyable
7. that goals dont feel earned, you score and it feels like nothing happend really
8. every goal is the same, every time I score it feels like I have seen that goal already
9. you can still take a fast player like c.ronaldo or messi and dribble past the whole comp team, harder now but still

10. every time you load for a shot when the ball is abit out of reach the striker slides over the pitch to finish instead of keep running till he gets close enough to make a decent shot, even if there is no defender to pressure him

11. strikers will do anything to avoid finishing with their weaker foot, for instance even if its a perfect position for rooney to shoot with his left he will twist his body and try to place it with his right, most of the times missing by a whole lot

I copied everything they said because it´s exacly what i don´t like.. like putting a thru pass with the midfielder and the attacker instead of finishing with is good foot "slides" to the bad foot side and kicks the ball above the goal. ?¿?

About not being a final build..or a demo...well don´t expect a new game when the full game is released it will be the same or worst.. and panda..yes i also enjoy the PES 2008..the ones who say "you could take a fast player and run to the goal like the wind"..it´s because they did it to win a game or someone did that to him and they hated it..well shame on you or the one who did it.. you´re ruining the game :D

That is truly the most ridiculous statement I have ever read.

well that is truly my opinion:) pes2008 was imo the worst in the series, i bought it played it for 1 month and really tried to like it but i just started hating it even more and went back to pes 6

This demo is fine.....a great improvment on PES2008.

Don't forget, there are only 6 teams in the demo, 1 referee, and you can only play on green, normal condition arrows.

I like it, and i'm enjoying editing it.

I'm sure theres a lot more to come in a couple of weeks.

I just hope they've given us decent online again...

Well i had to get used to speed again, compared to the ultra high speed in 2008
But after like half day playin i think its rly good,everythin is working proparly like freekicks and so on, i think ur little right sometimes with the form of players, seems like they r rly tired and dont excellerate fast enough.. i think thats part of that konami put all player on normal form so no1 is playin superb ( not sure tho =p ) Bout the gfx.. im sry but its same and at least better then 2008 version hehe so i dont agree with that.

Totally agree with your whole response, better than PES 2008, (even though after I tweaked PES 2008 I really began to like it) & if online is lag free and working properly than I will be a happy PES FAN:)), people are being to quick to judge, its a demo & I was disillusioned as well yesterday when I first played and went to work and was dissapointed all day, then I got home and tried it again and it began to grow on me and now I am really liking it and excited for the full copy.

Some things I didn't like at first:

- Shots are WEAK. You have a player running at full speed then he shoots and the ball goes almost slower than it was at his feet. To counterpoint this they set the goalkeepers even slower.

- Players are as agile as elephants without legs. (Except the obvious stars: Henry, Messi, Ronaldo). While I think it makes the game more realistic overall, it's also a lot harder to dribble and to build quick passing plays.

- Every corner is a goal.

- Is it me, or there is no more GK manual control??

Technical problems:
- When playing without frame skipping, cutscenes are crazy fast, and the game stutters at the transitions.
- 3 cameras only on replays? I loved the lots of 'stadium cameras' you had in pes2008.
- Resolution - Thank jioc0
- Camera - Thank juce

Wow! (not World of Warcraft).... I don´t understand..is a "I don´t like the game post" why everybody enters to say "I like it"...get out if you like it play it if you don´t enter and smash it..:D...like me..

What i don´t like...:

To me, this game have a poor gameplay. Improved the time of play (tempo), staying more real, more like a real game, but worsened in others aspects. The ball physics is like crap, the players are hard to move (too smooth, too hard to create good moves), the 3D model of the game is simply horrible and several others reasons
Blocky graphics, horrible animations, poor ai, the pace of the game is shocking

I copied everything they said because it´s exacly what i don´t like.. like putting a thru pass with the midfielder and the attacker instead of finishing with is good foot "slides" to the bad foot side and kicks the ball above the goal. ?¿?

About not being a final build..or a demo...well don´t expect a new game when the full game is released it will be the same or worst.. and panda..yes i also enjoy the PES 2008..the ones who say "you could take a fast player and run to the goal like the wind"..it´s because they did it to win a game or someone did that to him and they hated it..well shame on you or the one who did it.. you´re ruining the game :D
:TU:

Back
Top Bottom