Who does not like the PES2009? Please enter her and say why

I really like the 09 Demo.

I've played 2008 for over a month and then got back to PES6 because it was far better than 2008.

The only thing I don't like about the 09 demo are the strict refs. I get red-cards for nothing and so does the CPU. It's annoying and this bug can turn into a gamebreaker. I hope this is going to be fixed soon.

well look i have an 8800gt with dualcore no low specs something is very strange here this footage is from a ps3 version look at the way c ronaldo and tevez runs away from the players this is not the same on pc

I am playing on 8800 gt,dual core E6850 @3GHZ,4.0 GB RAM, windows vista sp1
and it runs great.

I am truly surprised that most people consider PES 5 (and it's WE variants)to be the best PES game overall and yet there are hardly any mods for it anymore let alone fresh ones.

I agree that it is the best but I think PES 5 modding should be resurrected lol.

EDIT

I've played the PS2 PES 2009 demo and it seems to be significantly better than it's next gen counterparts....I only played one half lol. But one thing I noticed for sure is that GK Cursor is available in the PS2 version - why is this not in the other versions ?

I think the UEFA Champions League is only in the next gen versions also - why is this not in the PS2 versions too ?

Last edited:
i havent played it yet, but it seems to me that the pes's have been getting better with every successive release. pes 6 better than pes 5 pes 20080 better than pes 6 so im guessing pes 2009 will be better than pes 2008. im not gonna download the pes 2009 demo as i have pes 2008 and love it. i have a patch for it but unfortunately am experiencing strange problems in the pes game with the patch applied. If anyone can help, please email me on danieljamestravers@yahoo.ie. thanx.

Can't say I liked the demo.

Seriously, I don't know where exactly Konami wants to go with Pro Evolution Soccer.
It seems unanimous that PES2008 was a bad installment, but judging by this PES2009 demo, things have gotten even worse!

I might change my opinion once I play the actual game and get the full experience out of it, but these are the flaws I've picked up so far:

Players' ability to keep the ball has worsen considerably, gameplay feels just... 'uncomfortable': It's harder to pass (long passes are plain ridiculous), harder to do tricks and skills (reminds me of previous FIFA's system!) and you'll find that your players lose the ball way to fast to be deemed realistic; but hey, maybe that's just me (your own team mates' AI doesn't help either, they're NEVER where you need them to be!).

Did I mention the shooting? Yeah, that's awful too. It looks like Konami accidentally switched the power on the shots: shots from 30 yards out are slooooooow and weak, but a 5 yard shot will most likely hit the stands!

Now on to the GFX. Players look like they're made out of plastic and kits... well, those look too 'rubbery' and shiny (again, reminds me of FIFA's unrealistic look). BTW, let me get this straight: Konami's strategy to beat EA is to make their product resemble FIFA? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around, since Konami has had the upper hand for all these years. Go figure...

Again, I might change my opinion later on, but for now PES2009 feels like a bit of a let down (and yes, I've been a fan of PES since... ISS 98, or something).

Cheers

I played the demo a lot and i tried to like it but i think the series need some fresh ideas. I hope for next year with the next gen engine we were promised by konami.By now my conclusion is that pro has gone too arcade already.I dont like that.

hey guys..
This time,they've improved the graphics,but i still preffer 2 play WEPES2007 instead of PES2008 and PES2009..i didn't like the gameplay at first place of both games,i think the players seems 2 me heavy when they running..but i'll wait 4 the full version, 2 see if really there is changes..

harder to pass ?:SS i think passing in this demo is one of the easiest i've ever seen.

Same! I've been hitting some awesome 'Hollywood' balls diagonally across the pitch. Ok, it doesn't work every time, but it's not as if it's unrealistic or anything. The passing is one of the better things for me. The shooting sadly is a major let down though, Henry seems about as pacey as Geremi and his shooting is no better than Ameobi according to Konami...

Can't say I liked the demo.

Seriously, I don't know where exactly Konami wants to go with Pro Evolution Soccer.
It seems unanimous that PES2008 was a bad installment, but judging by this PES2009 demo, things have gotten even worse!

I might change my opinion once I play the actual game and get the full experience out of it, but these are the flaws I've picked up so far:

Players' ability to keep the ball has worsen considerably, gameplay feels just... 'uncomfortable': It's harder to pass (long passes are plain ridiculous), harder to do tricks and skills (reminds me of previous FIFA's system!) and you'll find that your players lose the ball way to fast to be deemed realistic; but hey, maybe that's just me (your own team mates' AI doesn't help either, they're NEVER where you need them to be!).

Did I mention the shooting? Yeah, that's awful too. It looks like Konami accidentally switched the power on the shots: shots from 30 yards out are slooooooow and weak, but a 5 yard shot will most likely hit the stands!

Now on to the GFX. Players look like they're made out of plastic and kits... well, those look too 'rubbery' and shiny (again, reminds me of FIFA's unrealistic look). BTW, let me get this straight: Konami's strategy to beat EA is to make their product resemble FIFA? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around, since Konami has had the upper hand for all these years. Go figure...

Again, I might change my opinion later on, but for now PES2009 feels like a bit of a let down (and yes, I've been a fan of PES since... ISS 98, or something).

Cheers

SPOT ON!!!! Ive been trying to find the right words to describe my displeasure. Players indeed look like plastic. The animations are simply horrible. I really do not understand why the went from good animations in pes6 to the bad ones in pes2008. Maybe that's Konami's idea of next gen :P

The passing is awkward, lots of times going to the wrong player Almost every single tackle is a yellow card.
I have made some goals that are really really unrealistic. Beautifull goals, but in a way which would never happen in reality.

I do not think the final version will be very different from this demo.
I have also played the full fifa09 on pc. The game plays nice, pace is good but also here very unrealistic goals.
So, i guess i need to buy me a 360 or ps3 ,and enjoy fifa09, since the pc version is crap

I've played about 30 15 minute games so far and I'm strting to dislike it. Seeing the same things I hated about the recent releases.
Back to PES5 for me with an updated option file.

PES5 engine is the best in PES series. This new engine really, really sucks. They need to change this engine. It's just not working for Konami.

If they can bring back a updated PES5 engine then I'll play all the pes.

I am truly surprised that most people consider PES 5 (and it's WE variants)to be the best PES game overall and yet there are hardly any mods for it anymore let alone fresh ones.

I agree that it is the best but I think PES 5 modding should be resurrected lol.

EDIT

I've played the PS2 PES 2009 demo and it seems to be significantly better than it's next gen counterparts....I only played one half lol. But one thing I noticed for sure is that GK Cursor is available in the PS2 version - why is this not in the other versions ?

I think the UEFA Champions League is only in the next gen versions also - why is this not in the PS2 versions too ?

Hey thommohawk, I agree that there aren't enough MODS for PES5, and that it why i have quietly pieced together an 08/09 Superpatch update for the EPL and Bundesliga. Its coming along quite well and will be posted here soon. Faces, hair and kits are the major focus, with the new promoted teams added as well.

But getting back to the topic, I find PES2009 to be ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I cant stand it. It feels like you're kicking around a medicine ball, the players running animation looks ridiculous, the refeeing is retarded. In my first game playing, 2 french players got STRAIGHT RED CARDS before the 10 minute for clean tackles!!! And these werent bone-crunching tackles from behind, they actually got the ball before the man!! France was down 2 men at the 10 minute mark LOLOLOL. CMON, thats unacceptable. This is why i will stick to PES5. Konami had this right in PES5 and even in PES6..What the heck happened?

Last edited:
I don't like:

1. Running animation (they move like robots)

2. Referees are not fixed.. too strict

3. Tackles are not heard loud enough. Even if I contact the ball or the opponent's legs. I would like to hear the bones cracking

4. Defenders still useless... not like pes5 (best so far). More like pes2008 where you could take Martins or Christiano Ronaldo and elbow everybody who tries to push you around

In general, a huge improvement over pes2008 but still I was expecting it a bit better. If they fix the online rooms I will start playing again online

You must be kidding with the first part of observation number 3.. I'm laughing a lot right now!:APPLAUD:
and point number one is a cliché. Already been said!

fifa 09 for me on PC, absolutely amazing. Finally a game which is made for the PC, more like PS3 than PS2.

did anyone send this complaint issues to seabass?
Do we are? If seabass is interested - let's read him to be happy.
Actually to me – demo_pes_2009 didn’t impress me at all. It looks like pes5, but it’s not pes5, it’s just ordinary fake from fifa as of period 2004-2007. Go on Konami. May be u’ll get over fifa in her worst traditions. I shall see. (Meanwhile I play fifa2009(PC) and extremely satisfied!)

i think we can safely conclude now that Konami have unfortunately f*cked up the transition to next-gen engine for PES series. PES6 -> PES2008: that's where things got wrong. PES2009 uses mostly the same engine, except that they've managed to kill whatever little good was still remaining in PES2008... As somebody already mentioned here, we can only hope that the next version of the game engine is better. Because, really, the current incarnation of PES and real life football are so far apart. It's very sad actually. Too bad we won't see the new engine for the next 2-3 years...

will you still be working on pes 2009 ? i think people have too much expectations from a game it takes years to improve on something you already have, and perfection is time, if we are asking for a new game engine then it should not be pes konami did this last year around with the pes 2008 demo, everyone was dissapointed, and maybe he is getting old for this, i think the full game of pes 2009 will be better well only hope its better, im not gonna go play that rubbish fifa game, if we want a next gen we need to reach the year 2020 first then ideas and technology will flush at us we will never have the fun with pes or remember it

1. Game pace : is still way too fast. The balls looks more realistic now but the players movement are still way too fast
2. too easy to score. AI is worse than pes2008. I played top player level with Man Utd and i can easily score 2-0,3-0 goals against liverpool, barcelona and real madrid. I can use Ronaldo and Rooney to run the ball from end to end, pass the defenders and score with ease from awkward position. That's unrealistic.
3. The movement is awkward, especially with turnings and change of direction. It's just unrealistic and funny, as if many animation frames were skipped while performing the turn, very simpson-like cartoon characters.
4. the menu for set formation, substitutions etc are all the same with PES 2008.
5. to me, Konami only tweaked the speed, the ball physics and improve lighting effect to the players in cut scenes, while everything else is unchangeda. Yes, they have added legend and other modes, but they screwed up the game play, and i don't see they are serious about this release.

Did you notice when Ronaldo takes the freekick, his standing posture b4 taking the free kick is very much like in real life? that's the only good thing i discover. No sure if this apply to all players.

If there is no improvement in terms of game play in the release version, i will give up on PES, and perhaps switch to fifa. I had enough.

Konami have taken out some evils from PES2008 to make us PES2009. However, he brings another evils in !!

silomastiff did you watch the video at the top the game is from ps3 and i reckon its cool the pc version is way too fast is this a let down for pc owners?

One "new evil" I found in PES 2009 is that when a player A slide tackle behind to other player B who is running. sometimes player B would just sit down on his position, rather than fall down to the forward position as in real life! what a sh-it animation Konami make!

In PES 2009 there are bad changes in gameplay, seems now to be unfortunally like FIFA in gameplay...

- gameplay is changed, i can see that. The way player turn instantly to the left or right is not real. Is bad...
- the referee whistle is irritating.
- gamepad is changed, stupid. now trick to turn around is not working. is a pass now.
- when you score a goal, well, the ball is going out the net and enter the field... is not so cool... not realistic again. The ball is staying in the net if is coming behind the sand bags.
- nothing changed when the ball is out. You cannot still be close to the other...
- better graphic? I do not think so. Ugly stadium in demo. And no support for higher resolutions, no 1680x1050 or more.
- scoreboard is changed. Time in the left, and Teams on the right of the screen.
- I bet that lag will be again online, because I see sometimes a strange speed in game.
- when player run faster is not as fast in pes 2008... Is much slower.
- good thing is that player get up fast when he goes down, intercepted, faulted...

Worst of all is... all player seems to have bigger boots ! Adidas, nike, whatever is a number too big! You see them running fast and is so ugly :|

They were in the hurry for christmas last year but this year?
Why changing gameplay? Why no demo yet, officially? Why http://www.pesunites.com/ is often offline?

I AM THINING TO POST ON MY BLOG HOW TO CHEAT IN PES (2008) SO MANY SEE AND KONAMI DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT IT BECAUSE I AM SICK OF LAG FROM OTHERS! LAST YEAR I EMAILED THEM TOO... BUT NOTHING REPLYED. :CURSE:

Last edited:
I don't like it, other than this "be a pro mode" o what 2 days worth of programming, locking player selection to one player!
and the new interface, which i do actually like, in fact it's the best addition to Pro evo since PES5. The game is seriously lacking:

1. Pace is way off, plays like it's on steroids.

2. AI: is quite frankly rubbish, not a change since pes5, runs are either telegraphed or non existent, the amount of times that it's been 2 on 1, with a midfielder and you make a run to draw the defender and the other attacker follows the defender, or stands there motionless until your right on top of him, ssoo stupid.

3. Ball physics, another thing that hasn't been updated since pes5, who cares if torres tries to keep his balance by putting his hand on the ground, that isn't physics that's animation, and it seems that the football moves in exactly the same way. Shots rebound perfectly to the opposition, they're set to 45 and 90 degree angles. I wonder what the balance at konami is in terms of work-force, 50 graphics and art, 1 physics, 1 AI, 1 for 2 days determining team rosters!

4. Keepers, mamma mia! after completly messing them up last year, how did they not manage to fix them. They can only ever parry and 9/10 to the opposition, I get shots are hard to hold on to, but keepers don't blindly block shots, look at FIFA, keepers turn the ball over the bar, or round the post, or try direct it to a defender, PES does none of this.

5. Defensive corners, horrible, the amount of times it's bundled into the back of the net is uncanny, because players get in the way of eachother etc. either let us customise how we defend corners, or have some more realistic body physics instead of the mess that dominates. It's no surprise to me that the only goals i concede are from rebounded shots, free kicks and corners, which says more about how bad the AI is, that it finds it hard to score the sort of goals human players do.

6. Ref's, the refs have been unquestionably harsh for a long time, and it seems as though this was turned up a notch.

7. Shots shots shots, what's going on? blocking deflections and saves have been eliminated by the computer simply saying "person within 5 metres of me, put the ball 5 miles over the crossbar". It really takes the magic out of the game when the only saves a Keeper makes are ones directly at him, and every shot under contention has no chance of hitting the goal. Again it's all about physics and clearly konami don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to this, and probably just have a random number generator to say how far over the post it will go. If i see another player miss from 5 yards open goal because someone was breathing near him i'll go insane!

other then that, good game! ha!
i could keep going, i'm so annoyed at the game, and i won't buy it for the first time since ISS! none of the above issues will be changed by release, only graphical issues.

Last edited:
The demo is a little bit better than pes2008, but since pes2008 was so bad, konami had to really improve this year, and all they did was to slightly improve the graphics and some bugs. not enough i say.

i think we can safely conclude now that Konami have unfortunately f*cked up the transition to next-gen engine for PES series. PES6 -> PES2008: that's where things got wrong.

nuff said. let's all go back to the great pes6 if the release isn't (much) better than the demo.

"Each time i'm play the PES2009, more PES2008 i want to play."

Thats as far as i got, i dont have time to read such shit from PES2008 fanboys, and by god theres actually a PES 2008 fanboy!

Some mod force change the tag under his name to reflect this find please..:L

Back
Top Bottom