Which Player, Coach, Club and National Team do you hate most ?

I'm quite sure most of the people here when they say hate they really mean 'dislike'. And I hope the national team hate is only for the team, and not the people gerd! I have plenty of friends who are Inter fans, as well as England fans.

Kinda funny how the Turks hate each other, but collectively hate Greece.

I know the history, but it's just funny to me. Two people hating each other during a football season could be best mates come international competitions.

Good point gerd, in my opinion most football 'hatred' or rivalry is completely pointless. I live in Manchester, my girlfriends 15 yr old stepbrother says he HATES all Scousers (people from Liverpool). And he's serious, but he doesn't really know why. It's cos all his mates say they do. It's the same as that. If you support Arsenal, by default you hate Spurs and so on.

Why do Arsenal fans hate Spurs (and vice versa) do they remember the exact reason...

Rivalry between the two teams did not begin until 1913, when Arsenal moved from the Manor Ground, Plumstead to Arsenal Stadium, Highbury, just four miles from Tottenham's White Hart Lane; by doing so, they became Tottenham's nearest neighbours and thus began a natural local rivalry. The two teams first faced each other as "north London" clubs (although Tottenham was actually in Middlesex until incorporated into Greater London in 1965) in a War Relief Fund friendly on August 22, 1914 at White Hart Lane; although Arsenal were in the Second Division and Tottenham in the First, Arsenal won 5-1.[3] They would go on to meet regularly during World War I in the London Combination, the regional wartime competition of the time.

The rivalry escalated in 1919 when the First Division was to be expanded by two teams. 19th-placed Chelsea, who would otherwise have been relegated, were allowed to stay and thus took one of the places. The final place could have been awarded to 20th-placed Tottenham, or Barnsley, who had finished 3rd in the Second Division, but both missed out. Instead it was decided by eighteen votes to eight that Arsenal would be promoted, despite their only finishing 6th in Division Two - although an error in the calculation of goal average meant Arsenal had actually finished fifth, an error which was corrected by the Football League in 1975.

It has been frequently alleged that Arsenal chairman Sir Henry Norris used underhand dealings in order to bring this about, although nothing has been proven.[4] The decision infuriated Tottenham and their supporters, even though eleven years previously, Tottenham themselves had been elected to join the Football League Second Division despite only finishing 7th in the 1907-08 Southern League, at the expense of Southern League champions Queen's Park Rangers, who had also applied.[5]

Despite the setback, Tottenham were soon promoted back into the top flight after taking the 1919-20 Second Division title,[6] and the derby was once again regularly contested. The first fully competitive derby match after Arsenal's 1913 move to North London was a First Division match that finished 2-1 to Tottenham, on January 15, 1921 at White Hart Lane. The early matches between the two were noted for their bitterness - a particularly vicious match in September 1922 led to two sendings-off and both clubs being censured by the Football Association and threatened with being forced to play behind closed doors.[7]

Tottenham played in the Second Division between 1928 and 1933, and 1935 and 1950,[6] which naturally led to a drop in the number of matches between the two clubs in this period and a cooling of passions. Relations between the two clubs improved somewhat after the Second World War, after Tottenham allowed Arsenal to play their home matches at White Hart Lane while Highbury was requisitioned as an ARP station and subsequently bombed.

Since 1950 there has only been one season (1977-78[6]) where Spurs and Arsenal have not been in the same division, meaning fixtures between the two are regular and this has maintained the rivalry to the present day; there have been many notable matches where the course of a title or the journey to a cup final has relied on the outcome of a derby match. As with most major football rivalries, there is much banter and gloating between the two sets of fans, many of whom work and even live together, and players who transfer between the two teams receive a bad reception from their former fans; the most recent example was defender Sol Campbell, who was nicknamed "Judas" by Spurs fans after he crossed the divide in 2001.

Arsenal fans hate us because of our silverware and dominance of modern football. However, we don't hate them! Strange fact but that's football for you! :)

Players: 1) Cristiano Ronaldo, 2) Joey Barton, 3) Frank Lampard
Diving twat whose arrival marked the start of a new way of football in England, stupid twat who has been given a million chances and blown them all, crap twat who could be replaced with a Championship/League One player tomorrow and it would make no difference to his club or country

Are you serious about this?! Ronaldo's just a diving twat? Jesus Christ, one of the best players in the world (if not THE best right now), the one who's performing at a top level and is scoring loads of goals?! And yet, for some of you, he's just a diving twat... truly unbelievable. :roll:

Seriously, when was the last time you saw Ronaldo playing?... I'd look at the telly instead of scratching his eyes off magazine pictures out of sheer hatred. ;)

Cheers mate

Thanks for the history lesson Iceman...i knew most of it, but nevertheless i've learned a few things...i'm sorry to say that to me this does not explain why there is such animosity...

Chris7naldo: i agree that ronaldo is one of the best players in the world (maybe even the best), but i don't like him either...i don't even kine watching him and of course he's a shameless diver. In United last match, the 6-0 win against Newcastle there was a moment in the first half where he did it again...a blatant dive and of course Ferguson played along...he was infuriated with the ref...even if it was penalty which was not given, that would bedue to Ronaldo's diving...which ref will believe that he is not diving.
Of course in the second half we saw the other side of Ronaldo: a brilliant player....

I wasn't saying Ronaldo isn't a fantastic player, I can appreciate that he is one of the best players in the world right now. I was just saying his coming to England has marked (in England) the start of more diving than I've ever seen, and it ruins football for me. The FA sit around coming up with ideas like penalties at the end of league games, but do fuck-all about blatant cheating week-in week-out. It disgusts me, it utterly disgusts me.

But I'm not a generally hateful person so I'm not going to argue my points. You can't help how you feel!

i hate greek football team, not greece

they're ruining the spirit of football by defending for 90 mins

they always say they will beat us this time
but they always lose

CLUB:Arsenal,(always talking about Chelsea spending millions but they have been doing the same for years but at lesser cost)
OM(hate the arrogance of their fans)
Player:Fabregas (i really hate this little cunt)eboué
Coach:none really
National team:FRANCE

Why/how could you hate Fabregas?! He is a really nice guy on top of being the best young midfielder around at the moment.

Strange choices in these lists guys.

this thread is probably launched for a controversy between fans/countries which am not going to be involved with because it will go nowhere as everyone has their opinions plus i can't question without receiving ignorant remarks, on top of that thread probably will be locked soon anyways....

i hate greek football team, not greece

they're ruining the spirit of football by defending for 90 mins

they always say they will beat us this time
but they always lose

Agree with you mate. Also, I hate their supporters behaviour when our national team goes to Greece. They act like a monkey in every match. It's a their specialty to us. They're not same to other countries.

Sorry i know it's not quite in keeping with the format, but this man stands for everything that in hate in football

ed_imgTIM-LOVEJOY_336923a.jpg

Player: Filippo Inzaghi (pure football skills) his celebration is fantastic! and Shevchenko now he's playing for Chelsea.

Coach: -

Club: PSV Eindhoven

National Team: Spain

Player : Donovan
Coach : Bruce Arena
Clubs : LA Galaxy
National Team : USA

Don't you just want to kick him in the face?

donovan-724234.jpg

=P

Db, who is on that picture, i don't recognize him...
About Fabregas: i entirely agree with Plan M.
One of the best players in the world.
But certainly one of the nicest persons around in football.

Player : Donovan
Coach : Bruce Arena
Clubs : LA Galaxy
National Team : USA

Don't you just want to kick him in the face?

donovan-724234.jpg

=P

HAHAHAHAHHA the best part of that, while i agree that picture is gay LANDON OWNS MEXICO! Absolutley owns you, and so does team USA. Along with Bruce Arena, As the english say, "Bad players are never hated" :) The worst part of it, the mexicans cant even admit we have beaten them bad since 2001, there players(for the most part) refuse to shake hands with ours after matches, there goalkeeper after landon scored on him, during the goal celebrations(in a friendly!!!) tried to take out demarcus beasley with his leg, a blantant poor sport. They blame it on the ref, they blame it on the pitch, they blame it on the weather, they blame it on everything but the fact that we are usually better.

Player:Marquez(dirty dirty dirty player)
coach:hugh fat sanchez
clubs:chivas mexico
national team: mexico

Last edited:
Players: Gerrard, Lampard & Rio Ferdinand - All so VERY, VERY over-rated.

Coach: Wenger & Warnock - Wenger's selective vision and Warnock is the biggest wanker in football who thinks people actually care what he says/does.

Club: Liverpool & Leeds - Liverpool for all the trouble caused and fan disillusion & Leeds for generally terrible fans over the years.

National Team: Argentina

Last edited:
Player : Could be pretty much anyone from Chelsea to be honest. I especially cannot stand John Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole. They are just about the three biggest dickheads on the planet, and Terry doesn't get any shit whatsoever, he fucking should! Xabi Alonso's a snidy little cunt as well, everything about him screams slimeball.

Coach : Rafael Benitez. He's fucking USELESS! but the hatred is more extended to the Liverpool fans who believe he is fucking God. He has the tactical knowledge of a fucking wardrobe, and yet they still believe he's gonna win the league. And he looks like a peadophile with that goatee.

Clubs : I dunno with this one. I really don't. Because I don't hate Liverpool, I just think they're pathetic. Probably Chelsea because their squad is just full of people that make me wish I had a rifle on my person, and they spend rediculous amounts of money on players in summer that they sell in the January transfer window.

National Team : Can only think of one to be honest. ENGLAND. Bastards.

EDIT: As much as I hate Mongo, Fat Frank and Cashley, I had completely forgotten Jon Obi Mikel, he is the essence of wanker.

Back
Top Bottom