Which is the best WE/PES for PC and why

Where can I get this game??!? Lot of people are saying that it's the best PES so I don't want to miss it. I really like PES 5 and if WE9 LE is something like that but a little better I just have to get that game.

Its much better than PES5 not so many fouls....its slower...i think you can get it at play asia....or somewhere else...

Well, first of all I must admit I'm playing PES2008 only because I play online sometimes (very rarely in the last period to be honest), but I don't fell alright with it.

For the ones talking about next-gen: what do you mean for next-gen? A game that uses DX10? Well, PES2008 is NOT. PES2008 is developed upon DX9c.
Or do you mean a game that has proper lighting, proper 3d models and so on? Sorry, PES2008 is NOT next-gen either. And neither is FIFA08 PC.

So, if we want a "real" next-gen football game for PC, we have to wait at least until the end of this year.

Then, this is my personal list of the past PES games:

1) PES6.
The one still in use (along with PES2008) when we make multiplayer tournaments offline. I know shooting is a bit frustrating but hey, that's the way things go. Not always the ball goes where you imagined while shooting, and I ensure you can get plenty of great goals if you play a little and know how to shoot.
Regarding that Dudek goal posted in the other page: It COULD be scored also in real life, why not? Also Birindelli scored a goal like that, and Birindelli does NOT have good feet.
That's why I LOVE PES6.

2) PES4.
Personal opinion. Arcadey, too fast, but lovely afterall. I spent an entire summer playing it online and it was ACE. At least because it was the only one that had direct IP connection so if you knew the one you were playing against, you knew there would not have been lag.

3) PES5.
Probably the most balanced one, you were able to score a lot of great goals, but I found it just a little too easy. Quite every FK in the 16-25m range was a goal for me with Baseggio (Treviso) and it was somehow annoying.

So, if you want something to enjoy, just go for PES6 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Its much better than PES5 not so many fouls....its slower...i think you can get it at play asia....or somewhere else...

What about the gameplay in general? Harder than Pes5 or easier? Ok, the free kicks in Pes 5 were way too easy and master league too, but other than that I think Pes 5 was pretty challenging.

Well, PES 6 really had system problems. Dudek goal doesn't underline it so clearly, but I did a similar thing with a friend online. He put Rensing in CF, ran through wing, did a cutback and Rensing scored a cutback goal from 30 yards out into the top corner. What's wrong with that?

1. Keeper scoring goal into the top corner from 30 yards.

2. Easy cutback goals.

IMO, it goes like that:

1) PES 3 (great gameplay, scoring is bit tricky though)

2) PES 6 (very enjoyable, but too fast when playing online)

3) PES 5 (I agree it's the most balanced, but those small fouls just killed the game)

4) PES 4 (very enjoyable playing online, but too fast + evil ref :r1)

5) PES 2008 (clearly tried to pull of a nextgen PES 4, bad idea and a unsuccessful effort too.)

What about the gameplay in general? Harder than Pes5 or easier? Ok, the free kicks in Pes 5 were way too easy and master league too, but other than that I think Pes 5 was pretty challenging.

WE9LEK has ALL the good things about pes5 but IMPROVED...its slower...it doesnt have so many fouls and the tactical movement is much better...

WE9LEK has ALL the good things about pes5 but IMPROVED...its slower...it doesnt have so many fouls and the tactical movement is much better...

Sounds perfect. I'm afraid I can't find the game anywhere though.. And living in Finland doesn't make finding it any easier.

WE9LEK is indeed Konami at its best, pes5 with a few crucial tweaks.
It is true as somebody mentioned that free kicks were a bit too easy but i think that was very good on line as it encouraged people to actually defende and not to make annoying fouls as the danger of getting a gol was too big.
True defenders were catching up a bit too fast but that also prevented players to use ronaldo to go coast to coast all the time.

Pes2009?? Give us pes6 animations and pes5 gameplay with some true next gen graphics and we are all gonna be content.

Now where can I get this game??

I'm in the US and there are 2 PES 6 game over in Europe somewhere, but amazon uk wont ship to me here in the US.

PES5 is more entertaining, well sure PES6 fixes a few of the issues in PES5 but they also lost some of the magic.

It's just my opinion however, I enjoyed PES6 as well. But PES5 is still on my hard-drive in 2010 :)

PES6. Though i didn't give pes5 a chance as i was addicted to we8/pes4 at the time. 2v2 on pes6 is absolute awesome and with so many ways now of playing this online its a must.

they all have some faults but overall for me PES6 is the best game.

spent the most time playing it and still can pick up and enjoy it.

the only one i haven't tried is winning eleven 9 le version. will have to find it on ebay.

In spite of its flaws, Pes 4 is the best, because it is the less scripted version and has unbelievlbe freedom. If you have chance to play, don't miss it, and especially after all these versions came after this version, the speciaities of PES 4 is more visible now.

Back
Top Bottom