Which is the best WE/PES for PC and why

All of them apart from PES 2008 are enjoyable, each version had its own annoyances though:

PES3 - Handballs, shooting, AI
PES4 - Speed (really fast), players falling over, keepers not diving
PES5 - Player pace not making too much difference (slow defenders catch up) and players falling over
PES6 - Shooting (balooned over the bar too much) slow passing sometimes, cutbacking, that harsh chinese ref, challenge training gone.
PES 2008 - The whole game

I'm not sure I have a favourite out of them, if I was forced to say one then maybe PES5 because of its shooting system.

Last edited by a moderator:
PES5 for me was so good because you could score goals like this:
[youtube]8UAQpkSlF9w[/youtube]
(I scored that ;)))
Every time the ball sat up nicely you thought "I'll have a crack at that" because it was so unpredictable, you could score from almost anywhere and there was no scripted preset outcome at all.
In PES6 you would think "I'm not hitting that, it'll most likely be smashed way over", that annoyed me a lot.

The shooting in PES6 for me was awful, if you got in the right position with any player you would have a very high chance of scoring but from where you would expect a decent shot from a good player, they spoon it (like when you are facting 90 degrees from goal).

This shows how stupid it is:
[youtube]AUo2EVs6kh4[/youtube]
No edited stats or anything, it was online against a mate, we decided to put keepers up front for a laugh.

pes 2008. it´s better when you learn to play it.
No learning is needed, it's a pick up and play arcade game.
Offline the AI is terrible and way too easy to beat and online the lag totally ruins it, completely crap game which is crap both on and offline.

No learning is needed, it's a pick up and play arcade game.
Offline the AI is terrible and way too easy to beat and online the lag totally ruins it, completely crap game which is crap both on and offline.

Offline same screen multiplayer? ANd while talking about PC any better next gen football games on PC?

What do you describe as next-gen in PES 2008?

Gameplay - Definitely not, a PS1 game could have similar gameplay...
Graphics - They are average compared to what next-gen football games should look like
Sound - No
Presentation - Definitely not, looks like it was made by amateurs
What else is there? Nothing about PES 2008 is good enough to qualify as next-gen.

To play a decent football game now you must get a console and play Fifa/Euro on it or play an older PES on PC (5 or 6).

Offline same screen multiplayer is alright but that isn't enough to make it a decent game.

What do you describe as next-gen in PES 2008?

Gameplay - Definitely not, a PS1 game could have similar gameplay...
Graphics - They are average compared to what next-gen football games should look like

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Maan those corpses must have some special sexy moves so you dont see their ugliness... and the trash bags they have for shorts and their disproporionate bodies....
PES2008 has the BEST FACES in footy game Ive ever seen...end of story...

Sound - No
Presentation - Definitely not, looks like it was made by amateurs
What else is there? Nothing about PES 2008 is good enough to qualify as next-gen.

To play a decent football game now you must get a console and play Fifa/Euro on it or play an older PES on PC (5 or 6).

Offline same screen multiplayer is alright but that isn't enough to make it a decent game.

I have to say that no life losers that prefer online to lan/same screen have my pity....
As for the rest of your opinion (do i sound like i care about it?) tell me again the name of the thread and the name of the subforum....

Maan those corpses must have some special sexy moves so you dont see their ugliness... and the trash bags they have for shorts and their disproporionate bodies....

I have to say that no life losers that prefer online to lan/same screen have my pity....
As for the rest of your opinion (do i sound like i care about it?) tell me again the name of the thread and the name of the subforum....

Rob is merely stating his opinion which is shared by many on this forum and also a lot of people who don't contribute.

To call people 'no life losers' is un called for.

If you like 08 then fair enough, but childish comments are getting a little tiresome on this forum.

As for the first part of your post, it makes no sense. Is it sarcasm your after? Read through your posts before you submit them.

I happen to agree with Rob that PES 5 was a tremendous footy game and in my opinion, the best Konami have achieved in their series of titles.

This OPINION, of course doesn't make it right. It's just exactly that, my opinion.

They are a bit unrealistic, but its not like they ruin the game... The player models are good enough.
Please explain how exactly the shorts look like trash bags? :LOL: You idiot.
So what? That doesnt make it a better game, from the camera angle you play the match from (tele/normal long) they don't really matter anyway, but PES' graphics in other areas + the fake stuff makes it all look crap...
So because someone has a different opinion to you they are no life losers? :LOL:
So because I say something bad about PES then you have to get all stroppy, you really are a twat and need to grow up...

"that harsh chinese ref"

i loved that one.
He was annoying, and me and my mate seemed to get him a lot when we played against each other on PES6 on his PS2 or my PC, as soon as you saw his face in the cutscene you knew it was a red card.
Rob is merely stating his opinion which is shared by many on this forum and also a lot of people who don't contribute.

To call people 'no life losers' is un called for.

If you like 08 then fair enough, but childish comments are getting a little tiresome on this forum.

As for the first part of your post, it makes no sense. Is it sarcasm your after? Read through your posts before you submit them.

I happen to agree with Rob that PES 5 was a tremendous footy game and in my opinion, the best Konami have achieved in their series of titles.

This OPINION, of course doesn't make it right. It's just exactly that, my opinion.
Good post :).
PES5 was a cracking game, it's a shame the online servers were taken down :( Hopefully one day someone will make something that can let us play it online again (direct ip or something).

Last edited by a moderator:
PES6 for me, I've played an insane amount of games and I'm still enjoying it. Initially thought PES6 was a step down from PES5, but the trickier shooting in PES6 is more of a challenge and I think the main reason I still play it. The shooting in PES5 was unrealistic IMO, way too easy to score crackers from all angles.PES2008 is shit, but people who like FIFA will enjoy it I guess.

They are a bit unrealistic, but its not like they ruin the game... The player models are good enough.
Please explain how exactly the shorts look like trash bags? :LOL: You idiot.

15244_normal.jpg

Trash baggy shorts disproportionate bodies overblown animation pure crap...and the zombies playing....

So what? That doesnt make it a better game, from the camera angle you play the match from (tele/normal long) they don't really matter anyway, but PES' graphics in other areas + the fake stuff makes it all look crap...

Did I say that it makes a better game? Keep pulling stuff out of your rear?
And graphics in what areas? At least there are no zombies with trash bags...player proportions are miles ahead of fifa...

So because someone has a different opinion to you they are no life losers? :LOL:So because I say something bad about PES then you have to get all stroppy, you really are a twat and need to grow up...

After all this retarded swearing I can advise you to read this again:
Pro Evolution Soccer and Winning Eleven - PC > Which is the best WE/PES for PC and why
Now take your fifa and shove it where the sun doesnt shine....

Hmmm,it'll be hard to come up with better evidence that Seabass & Co are currently serious ass monkeys...

Konami better come good next time around or they'll face a massive reduction in income, that's probably the only language they understand, PES2008 is so shit it beggars belief. Next gen my ass...

hellenes, that picture you showed is from the intro movie which has crap physics and a few other things that are not the same as in the game, an in-game shot of that sort of thing would not be possible to find...
I'd rather have slightly disproportionate player models with licensed kits than good player models with generic fake ones with shorts the size of the shirts... You can hardly say anything about the "trash bag" shorts (which you are wrong in saying) when the PES shorts are like that.
By graphics in other areas I mean stadiums, kits, lighting, animations and the general atmosphere you get when playing it...

I know the topic, I was just saying that to play a decent football game this year you have to play Fifa/Euro on a next gen console or play an older PES... Then you went off on one to stick up for shitty PES 2008...

Back on topic, the order I would put these games in is:
PES5
PES6
PES4
PES3
PES2008

I strongly suggest you all keep it calm in here.

And Rob, mate, please keep Fifa out of this thread, all it does is stirring up annoyances like these which make it hard for us to keep the peace in here. We've already been through this, didn't we? Thanks!

OK, I'm very sorry hellenes and Kezz, I was wrong to bring Fifa into this topic and I accept that, it's PES talk only from me in this part of the forums from now on.

ya i think that PES 08 is the best soccer game of 08 on PC. simply because fifa doesn't put much effort into their PC version of fifa.

The PS3/Xbox360 version for FIFA and EA's latest Euro 2008 was developed by EA Sports, while the PS2/PSP/PC versions was developed by HB Studios.

Also you have to admit that PES 2008 on pc is much more fun to play then fifa 08, because the gameplay is better and it is a much more realistic soccer game.

Yes PES 2008 could have been much better, but i still think it's better then fifa 08 or euro 08, especially if Evo-Patch is applied to it.

the best was either pes5 or pes6

i would go for pes6 with the evo patch, all stadiums, boots, kits, faces etc. superior game play to pes 2008 yes players ballooned when moving diagonally away from goal but a small gripe compared to 2008s catalog of failings

i have an question. If i play ML and edit the teams i insert al the english teams. But if the season ends the first 3 going to the an other competition and i get the three last of that comp. So in season 2 not all the teams are from england. Does someone now how i can play ml whitout promotion?

This photo actually looks NEXT-GEN.

Yes, the shorts are VERY baggy.
Yes, the animations are unrealistically overblown.
Yes, the faces look like monkeys.

But this is all a matter of design. This screenshot has next-gen materials, shading, lighting, textures, AA, focus, and overall color palette. Don't get me started on the grass.

I hope you get what I mean. This is all lacking in PES2008 graphics engine.

Staying on topic, I find PES6 to be the most enjoyable. You just couldn't get enough of it.

Last edited:
Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution

Where can I get this game??!? Lot of people are saying that it's the best PES so I don't want to miss it. I really like PES 5 and if WE9 LE is something like that but a little better I just have to get that game.

Back
Top Bottom