Where are you going to live for the rest of your life?

yeah Canada is a good place to move to, but you need some money first to get a chance to move there.

To get a skilled worker visa you only need $10,000CAN (£5,000) in the bank as proof of being able to sustain yourself. That's probably how the wife and I are going to do it. Once you have the skilled worker visa the chances of being hired are essentially as good as those of a Canadian citizen with equal work experience, qualifications, skills. Obviously my wife being the talented one with the degree it'd be her of course getting the visa and me being her dependant :)

We tried before moving to Sweden to go to PEI but the job offers weren't forthcoming, if not PEI then NS would be our preferences but there's not too much work there for my wife, EA Black wanted to hire her but couldn't wait the 6 months the BC work visa would have taken.

Prince Edward island and British Colombia are good choices, but I'd prefer to live in Ontario.

Exactly, you get the benefits of the extremely weak US dollar in terms of lots of nice electrical devices at low prices but you get all the advantages such as those you mentioned, win win :)

your a little misinofrmend mate, taxes taxes taxes... it all evens out, and usually its much more favorable in the us because of taxes. Healthcare in canada is free, but remember you get what you pay for... I love canada dont get me wrong, but honestly canada is not that much different then the US.... except for maybe quebec, which honestly is nothing like the rest of canada...

p.s.
the dollar has been gaining for weeks now... by the end of 2009 it will be much different story, the world markets are finally adjusting for the financial crisis here

Last edited:
your a little misinofrmend mate, taxes taxes taxes... it all evens out, and usually its much more favorable in the us because of taxes. Healthcare in canada is free, but remember you get what you pay for... I love canada dont get me wrong, but honestly canada is not that much different then the US.... except for maybe quebec, which honestly is nothing like the rest of canada...

The taxes in Canada are piffling to where I live now ;)

Exactly, you get the benefits of the extremely weak US dollar in terms of lots of nice electrical devices at low prices but you get all the advantages such as those you mentioned, win win

Just a shame they feel the need to finish all their sentances with "eh" :D

And as for the taxes, same here. Canada have basement taxes compared to what I pay here (NL).

I'd love to move to Australia. Melbourne is nice but the other side of Sydney bridge is amazing. It's all residential, and if you want the city life, you just cross the bridge. I couldn't really see myself leaving the UK though for a long time.

Going to an English speaking place is good.

And although most Israeli's speak quite good English - they are much more comfortable speaking Hebrew obviously. So I will definately have to learn it before I go to some extent. Which is another pain in the arse!!!

I'd like to live in Turkey one day, on the Black Sea, but it's very expensive and difficult to get jobs there. I'd like to live in Napoli too but again jobs are too hard to get...

You know he don't live there no more right?

I know, he moved out of town; about 2 mile down the road away from Mum and Dad. It almost broke their heart that day, I was there to witness it all. There was Chris, 38 years of age and starting a new chapter of his life away from home; loading his suitcase and one last packed lunch from Mum into the taxi. I stood meters away in the middle with my arms around Mr. and Mrs. Wright, tears pouring down our face...but it was Chris that held it together. He was always the glue that made the Wrights stick. The day lightning hit the chicken coop out the back of the shop and all the chickens died, Wharton was in for a whole month at least with no eggs cause they couldn't afford new ones, but Chris had none of it. He walked all the way to Freckleton and struck a deal with Bates the rival shop owner there, also the same name of shop but run by the Bates family. Who knows what Chris said to him but come 6 o clock that evening Chris walked back into Wharton to a heros welcome carrying six chickens, 5 for laying eggs and one for cooking that night, a banquet for the entire town to celebrate. So although he's moved, Wharton is Chris Wrights spiritual home and he will always be a part of it.

algae-in-gutter-fire-hydrant-small.jpg

In my twenties and my thirties when i was cured of my cancer, i travelled a lot throughout Asia: China (4 times), Japan, and all the Central-Asian "new" republics (Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kirgiz, all beautifull countries)...

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, which of these central asian countries would you recommend the most to visit ?

Back
Top Bottom