Where are you going to live for the rest of your life?

BobbyBox

WING NUT!
10 October 2003
Arsenal
Hello People,

The Bobster is a bit depressed :(( One of my best mates will be going to Australia on Wednesday for ever. He met a lovely Australian woman here and now is going off there and they are getting married over there in January.

It started to make me think of my life and where I will be in a few years. I will most definately move to Israel within the next 6 years as my misses is from there. I love Israel - it is a beautiful country and the people are lovely, but I will miss my family and friends ALOT! So hopefully I can get over that and am able to live over there - but god knows how long we will be over there for. If we move over in 5 or 6 years - we will want children etc and then that sort of ties us there for the foreseable future. So it will be more or less forever.

Another one of my Best mates has met a lovely South African lady aswell and they are going great guns - so there is every possibility he may one day move over there.

I just wanted to know - are any of you Guys thinking of living in another country? - Do you like your home country so much you would never leave? If you met the right woman would you consider moving abroad? Would leaving your family and friends stop you from going? etc etc

Lets hear your thoughts on your future :DD

I'd move abroad today if I had the money. Depending on what happens with my girlfriend (or ex? :LOL:) then I'll have to see what happens as she's said she's got no intentions of leaving England.

The UK holds no interest for me at all, I'd love to see more of the world and I'd have no hesitations in moving abroad :DD

Been moving my whole life. I think its worth it, since you only get one time to see the world. You could always just rent or live in a service apartment for a few months one summer to see what its like.

Living abroad is also a good way to learn a lot more about life and also an opportunity to start fresh, also making new friends etc.

I'll probably live in London for a few years to work, then move, I'd definitely live in Asia.

When I was younger, I visited foreign countries during my holidays to learn English (our schools sucks) and I loved the cultural differences. The year I spent in England was amazing, and now my professional project is to work abroad. There's not possibilities in France. A young person with potential and motivation has the move.

I'm beginning my professional carriere this month in Paris but I don't think I'm going to stay in France more than 5 years.

I love Canada, but Australia and Japan are interesting me a lot.

In my twenties and my thirties when i was cured of my cancer, i travelled a lot throughout Asia: China (4 times), Japan, and all the Central-Asian "new" republics (Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kirgiz, all beautifull countries).
Then i met my wife who does not like travelling...maybe when my kids are grown-up i would like to live in South-European country like France (Corsica) or Italy (Umbria, Sicily).
There is one country i would like to see: Argentina...

But all in all, life is not bad in boring Belgium...

well seeing how my fiancee's family and friends are here, and my familiy and friends are here, i dont see us ever moving. We think about it, to get away from all the bday parties, holiday parties, etc.. etc... but then we think we might miss it... I wouldnt mind living in a foregin country but probably im too old for that now(cause i woldmt enjoy it as much). There are limitless opportunities here in the US, so that is not a concern of mine. But i think being near friends and family is more important then anything else.

well seeing how my fiancee's family and friends are here, and my familiy and friends are here, i dont see us ever moving. We think about it, to get away from all the bday parties, holiday parties, etc.. etc... but then we think we might miss it... I wouldnt mind living in a foregin country but probably im too old for that now(cause i woldmt enjoy it as much). There are limitless opportunities here in the US, so that is not a concern of mine. But i think being near friends and family is more important then anything else.

I agree about the family thing - unfortunately the Misses family is in Israel and mine are in London :((

So I have to go over there at some point - can't be that selfish and expect her to live here forever.

At the moment I am studying to be an accountant for the next four years (My work is paying for it) and she hopes to get into Uni here - but its a bit of a struggle financially.

So we are here for the foreseable future - but she gets really down about not being with her Family and Friends, which would be like me when I go to Israel.

Its so complicated!!! AAARRRRGHGHGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Israel isn't very safe the way the world is at the moment though :((

I'd like like to visit Israel I reckon :))

Israel isn't very safe the way the world is at the moment though :((

I'd like like to visit Israel I reckon :))

Yeah it's true - hopefully some sort of peace will be sorted out in the next few years.

Honestly all of you should visit Israel - Such a beautiful place. If my Family came over to live there I wouldn't have much of a problem with living there.

Another reason the Wife gets depressed is the weather over here - it gets her down when she speaks to her friends and they have been on the beach all day and we are stuck indoors - while it pisses down :((

I agree about the family thing - unfortunately the Misses family is in Israel and mine are in London :((

So I have to go over there at some point - can't be that selfish and expect her to live here forever.

At the moment I am studying to be an accountant for the next four years (My work is paying for it) and she hopes to get into Uni here - but its a bit of a struggle financially.

So we are here for the foreseable future - but she gets really down about not being with her Family and Friends, which would be like me when I go to Israel.

Its so complicated!!! AAARRRRGHGHGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
yes that is complicated mate...

I would go abroad, still planning to go actually. It's just that the GF has her family here and isn't too fond of the idea of moving abroad. Shame, would have probably gone to Vancouver first (Parents friends live over there and Im more then welcome to come over). Then Asia.

Got a really nice job atm, first job aswell after graduating, which is a lot of fun and good prospects for growth. Have my mates here aswell so there are enough reasons to enjoy staying. They are slowly starting their own families so the potential to have a good group for the longterm is there aswell. Parents will be moving abroad though so family isn't a reason for staying.

I think I will be in a similar situation as you Tik x5. Last year of uni then my first job. My family live abroad and I hope to have a career here in the UK, then move out.

I'm thinking of moving to Canada or Australia in the next 5-6 years as I don't really like living in here. Not that life is bad or hard, but I don't feel comfortable, like I don't belong here. Don't feel like at home, more like in some foreign country. Dunno why really :(

I wasn't too impressed with Australia, if I had to choose out of the two it'd be Canada for sure, my wife and I both had possibilities of moving to the USA but we'd rather live anywhere than there.

I'd love to live somewhere like Seattle, or Vancouver.

Great cities with an abundance of beautiful surroundings all within a couple of hours of you.

Then when I'm older, get a summer place in California somewhere, so I can just stay on the West Coast of North America.

I love travelling, and do plan to visit several parts of the world in the new few years, especially Australia, New Zealand, as well as parts of Europe like Spain and Netherlands.

In the long term though, I really don't know. Depends on where I go for my college studies. I may stay in India, or I may go to the USA.

I've always had a dream of living in the US. Some nice place like California, Chicago or San Francisco or even Canada (Vancouver or Montreal). Always been fascinated with living in North America. But I'm also very patriotic, and it's going to be very difficult for me to leave India. Can see myself staying here as well. Can't really tell right now, but I'd say it would depend on when I get into a serious long term relationship, and see how it goes from there.

I've lived in NYC for 10 years and I haven't had any thoughts about living anywhere else, I suppose if I was to leave I would need to be well and truly sick of it and I'd probably move to The Fiji Islands.

I know people who have moved to Canada and every single person says it's the best place to live, cheap prices, great people, great neighbourhoods... I am desperate to move out there, but I haven't got pennies to scratch my balls with at the moment.

I've never even been on holiday. I'd love to see France, Italy and Japan.

yeah Canada is a good place to move to, but you need some money first to get a chance to move there.

I've got family in Canada who have invited my family over, even saying that my cousin has his own labouring company and would give my Dad a job.

I guess Canada could be an option for me if I could save enough money for a flight, I'd just stay with them until I got settled.

Great thread Bob :)).

I wouldn't mind moving away/abroad but the missus would miss her family too much she says. Maybe when we are both a lot older though? You never know what's around the corner I guess...

Back
Top Bottom