What's your best move?

after reading this thread i'll give it a try. tonight i'm gonna use the analog stick! lets see if its true what u guys say about curving and stuff...

I've been playing PES4 once again (preparing for the national championships) and noticed I feels more fluid than WE8 LE, although I fancy WE8 LE.

I also retaken d-pad and it's now working better, adapted my playing stile to hold more the ball, use R2 change of directions more often.

My biggest flaw remains shooting. I have friends who have 2,3 chances in a game and score 1,2 goals. I sometimes have 10 shots on goal and I still get the same number of goals. There is something wrong about my way of aiming, I think I "over-aim", leaving the d-pad pressed during the whole shot sequence, making sometimes the ball go out the post when it was easy to put it inside the net.

i feel that as well sometimes Mauras, I also think one touch passing is too easy its just as beneficial to tap x as it is too stop and pick out a pass

My most consistent move for must-happen late game goals is off crosses using timing after dropping a thru pass in the Left corner for either an SB or WF..

So....someone like Ogbeche on the wing dribbles and dekes until he can drop it :triangle: for my breaking SB (Sedoc and Filipescu work well for me...)......or the reverse, with the SB dropping the thru pass for the WF...

then I stagger/burst the dribbling .... :r1: pause :r1: pause...or :r2: diagonal....pause...and simultaneously look (radar or just the screen itself) at who's breaking in the box (I use David Villa, Hossam Hassan and Larrson)...plotting to hit a last second cross....(after the "pause")...just before the defender arrives to get a foot on it...which I find helps because it blocks the goalkeeps view...

....so, depending on where my strikers are breaking I'll either :l1: + :circle: :circle: or :r2: + :circle: or, most effectively :l1: + :circle: :circle: :circle:....or even just dribble and break low into the box like I'm going to shoot and at the last minute :x: diagonally backwords....but with all of this making sure to bend it back away from the goalie after I've let the cross go...and...

at the last second, I let go of the bend...and tap :square:....usually for a diving header or volley shot.

It's all in the pause. And, I think, in mixing it up...and, if you ask me....it's also about wearing down the defense over the course of the match...and having the CF's on neutral arrows and the OMF and SMF's on attacking arrows...

I've had crosses that bent around no less than five opposing players to find the far man....diving... That's sweet, when it happens...and once I got the hang of it...it's happened alot.

vic45 said:
My most consistent move for must-happen late game goals is off crosses using timing after dropping a thru pass in the Left corner for either an SB or WF..

So....someone like Ogbeche on the wing dribbles and dekes until he can drop it :triangle: for my breaking SB (Sedoc and Filipescu work well for me...)......or the reverse, with the SB dropping the thru pass for the WF...

then I stagger/burst the dribbling .... :r1: pause :r1: pause...or :r2: diagonal....pause...and simultaneously look (radar or just the screen itself) at who's breaking in the box (I use David Villa, Hossam Hassan and Larrson)...plotting to hit a last second cross....(after the "pause")...just before the defender arrives to get a foot on it...which I find helps because it blocks the goalkeeps view...

....so, depending on where my strikers are breaking I'll either :l1: + :circle: :circle: or :r2: + :circle: or, most effectively :l1: + :circle: :circle: :circle:....or even just dribble and break low into the box like I'm going to shoot and at the last minute :x: diagonally backwords....but with all of this making sure to bend it back away from the goalie after I've let the cross go...and...

at the last second, I let go of the bend...and tap :square:....usually for a diving header or volley shot.

It's all in the pause. And, I think, in mixing it up...and, if you ask me....it's also about wearing down the defense over the course of the match...and having the CF's on neutral arrows and the OMF and SMF's on attacking arrows...

I've had crosses that bent around no less than five opposing players to find the far man....diving... That's sweet, when it happens...and once I got the hang of it...it's happened alot.

Yeah, I use this method as well. Although never tried using L1+O,O. (Must try it). In previous versions could get a breaking player to arrive at the right time sidefoot or slide at the far post. Can't get that down in WE8LE yet. Mostly just diving headers at far post now.

Cheers

ghazi said:
The best method for scoring for me is the old 1-2 with L1+X followed by the :triangle: or the :x: depending on what i am trying to do.

I also use alot of :circle: :circle: :circle: near the box to send in a bullet cross on the ground for an easy tap in. It creates mayhem.

To create space and mismatches i use the given n go, which is pressing :r2: just after a pass, to make the passer take off running towards the goal. You can either pass back to him like a give n go, or run into his space

My best move is to have hit half or full volleys when running onto chipped thru balls.

I use 2 quick CF's set up high which pull out to the wings when not attacking.

Draw the opposition in by keeoping possesion in my own half, rob the ball and get my CB or DMF to quickly release a 'no look' chipped thru ball L1+T or L1+O. Since its counterattack, most of the time my CF is clear of the opposing CB's as the ball arrives. Just hold back enough so that he doesn't control the ball, and either hit it on the half or full volley.

Cheers

my best move owaz happens on a counter attk.
a diagonal x field pass to the winger,
most of the time is the winger going 1 on 1 with the sb.
dribble pass him, layoff for striker to tap in.
but its very difficult, against good players.

Back
Top Bottom