What pressure would be on KONAMI if....

What makes me sad and pessimist about PES future is JAPAN....Which will buy anything KONAMI throws at them...
WE2008 outsold FIFA 08 by a HUGE margin....Everyone can see that Japanese gamers dont look at the quality of the product. They only care about the country that the publisher is from.Now imagine if Japan turned its back to KONAMI in the years 2007-2010 and bought FIFA...
My god KONAMI would be in insane trouble. No oxygen for them.
Oh and Latin America with its 90% of piracy rates cant be called as a viable market.

Oh really ? I wonder if you were saying the same thing about the western countries in regards to FIFA when it sucked.

Oh really ? I wonder if you were saying the same thing about the western countries in regards to FIFA when it sucked.

Western countries PUNISHED fifa...PES 6 outsold FIFA 07 in UK....Why do you think EA pushed all that cash to IMPROVE FIFA? Out of the goodness of their hearts?
If Japan did the same we would have a much better pes in our hands.

Western countries PUNISHED fifa...PES 6 outsold FIFA 07 in UK....Why do you think EA pushed all that cash to IMPROVE FIFA? Out of the goodness of their hearts?
If Japan did the same we would have a much better pes in our hands.

What about all the other years when Fifa outsold PES?

PES outsold Fifa one year and one year only.

What about all the other years when Fifa outsold PES?

PES outsold Fifa one year and one year only.

pes06 was the culmination of series of neglect and lazyness from EAs part. It was a WAKE UP call...
I guess KONAMI has got a wake up call last year so the future might get improvements on the level of this year...
But I really wish Japan did the same as UK...PES would be amazing...Imagine if pes did the step up that EA did from FIFA 07 to FIFA 08....

Well if you understand what the PES animations represent you will see it's going to be mighty hard for them to make the game look beautiful in and purely aesthetic way

FIFA's look great but they don't add any depth to a game don't they? FIFA's animations are the best but the game has about as much depth as a wet sock! You do realize that game has pretty much nothing else to it but those animations, they are highly generic and barley take any stats into account! Predictably I'm seeing people who were praising the game as the best football game ever, only two weeks after saying that complaining of it being easy!

well it's their loss :BYE: . Not many people i know laugh PES, anyway the people i know that do stop laughing after i show them how good the game is.

I know many people even when fifa was good back in 2008 and 2009 who were totally adamant that fifa was a laughable game, and still are!

There is true free movement it's just you, you need to learn how what players move more freely than others i terms of their stats and how to properly use it

South America? Arabic Nations? Whole of Asia?

Basically PES is fine and as long as they don't do a PES 2008 or 2009 on us, Those people who crossed over and focus only on animations were only playing PES because back in the PS2 days PES had better animations than fifa! Wounldn't worry about them anyway!

yes i agree the animations in FIFA are just for show and don't mean a thing ,that's useless if you ask me.

Don't even try twisting what I'm saying! Don't even bother trying to make out your right because your wrong!

A football game needs 4 things:

Tactics/Formation balance

Player attribute individuality

Animations

human Physics/ ball physics

Game balance

PES 2011 does 3/5 perfectly! (ones in bold) It does the Animations ok, but could be much better and gets the physics part right to a very good standard (some room for improvement but it's very good).

Now has any football game ever got all 5 vital elements perfectly right? No, never and when one game does that it will be the best GAME ever released and that would be perfection! Everyone would love that, but it's not easy to do that.

Konami put so much into getting the tactics, game balance and individuality right the animations were made basic to account for everything! Ask yourself why did they ditch so many of them from PES 2010? Some animations in PES 2010 were totally dreadful, but some were very, very good! Yes, the good ones weren't carried over, in order for PES 2011's fundamentals not to be stuck in rails like every other football that has even been released is!

Developing the animations system FIFA has isn't easy and has taken years to fine tune, and it's not perfect! Developing game balance, making player stats matter, developing the tactical game and building a animation system which runs exclusivity on player stats is a HARD thing to do, and to make it look smooth and beautiful is going to take time. So your claims about the animations are nothing more than silly!

Now my point which you stupidly tried to twist was that if Konami focused only on the animations and ditched the other 3 parts they get so right. What would the resulting game be? A fifa clone! and why would anyone buy PES then if FIFA doe what PES does but has more teams and licenses?

@ mfmaxpower what i just said should answer you point. In no way did i say i don't want PES's animations to improve because everyone knows they should, in fact i've said this a few times now and you seem to ignore it for some reason. Niero is being rather pathetic and is ignorantly blaring that Konami should just focus all on animations only!

Also it turned into a formation thread because like i said Niero is whining about being beaten by poor players with silly formations, players that others like me beat with ease! He's blaming Konami for not properly learning how the tactics work!

:APPLAUD:and if this explanation doesn't help him understand what you mean i can't imagen what will.

Here in the Netherlands Fifa is more populair. In the PS2 days I remember everybody who liked football games played PES. We used to play PES tournaments with friends. Everybody played it and wanted to get good at it. I think PES sold almost as much as Fifa.
On the new generation PES was very bad and Fifa became very good. I play Fifa since 09 (the year I got my PS3). I havent played PES since PES6. I am thinking of buying PES again for the first time in this generation. I liked Fifa, but I missed the fun and passion of the old PES days. I miss the Master League. The PES11 demo was fun, but Fifa seemed better. But Fifa 11 is a lot worse than Fifa 10. So I am orienting on PES.

Here in the Netherlands Fifa is more populair. In the PS2 days I remember everybody who liked football games played PES. We used to play PES tournaments with friends. Everybody played it and wanted to get good at it. I think PES sold almost as much as Fifa.
On the new generation PES was very bad and Fifa became very good. I play Fifa since 09 (the year I got my PS3). I havent played PES since PES6. I am thinking of buying PES again for the first time in this generation. I liked Fifa, but I missed the fun and passion of the old PES days. I miss the Master League. The PES11 demo was fun, but Fifa seemed better. But Fifa 11 is a lot worse than Fifa 10. So I am orienting on PES.

This is the mentality of real fans. PES2011 is much better this year. Though it will ftustrate you beyond rage sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom