What do you want from football games in the future?

Gameplay:

I want more of a looser feel to the play as its currently very rigid especially when running on to passes ect

I dont want to have to restrict myself to certain control systems just feel like its playable.

shot animations to be more varied, see Lallanas goal at the weekend.

more control over volleys and headers, instead of waist height instead of volloying tries a header(though this year it seems to volley and head at the correct times)

More passing animations, with the use of a flair button and depending on the "new flair attribute" it could impact what type of pass and the success. Im not happy watching John Terry pull off back heels as if hes Luis Suarez.

I want to feel the physical side of the game, as i myself am a physical player i like to feel that im winning headers and tackling with force (again this has been improved)

GOALKEEPERS to drop the f'ing ball, even though they have 30 for handling the ball still sticks to them, and each keeper is like Robocop.. i wanna challenge that guy and feel like i have a chance of beating him.

And teams to play differently, no game other than Football manager has this PERIOD!

Working off the example of PES3, which was limited, but offered a better illusion of the game of football in my opinion, I'd use that as a template for the future.

So the game should be controlled, but this control should be hidden, creating a feeling of spontaneity and randomness. To help this, allow for much more variation of outcome within the game than even the old PS2 games could create.

Anything that ruins the illusion has to be ironed out. All animations such as collisions, shots, volleys, goalkeeper saves, etc, all need to be performed contextually and realistically.

Within the closely controlled gameplay, the game should aim for realistic ball physics, and realistic player fatigue. Every match should have one game length, something like 9 minutes per half, so things like fatigue, tactical changes work properly and are not jarring.
Add mini-games, such as a five-a-side option, for people who just want to play the game for shorter periods and have a bit of fun.

Players should perform based on their stats, with signature animations and skills to give the feeling of individuality. So no passing or shooting assistance, and no game speed changes.

They should also be given specific roles to play on a team - from Sweeper Keeper to Libero to Targetman. About 50 different roles in all.
They'd be so specific that not only would putting a forward in goal result in a goalie who can't save a shot, but putting a forward at fullback position would result in a fullback who's out of kilter with the rest of the defence, and a liability.

Give greater thought to tactics and styles. As players have roles, so too should managers. Teams would play differently depending on who's managing them - From Kick and Rush to Tiki-taka, etc. Given player roles and manager roles this would mean that every COM team would be slightly different from the next.

For set pieces have it so you can select from a large range of "plays" like an American Football game, e.g. 30 or more different corner-kicks to pick from, 20 different free-kicks, 5 different kick-offs, 10 different goal-kicks etc. The COM could choose any of these too.

The Referee is very important to maintain the illusion. Have him award free-kicks, or have him play the advantage when appropriate. Yellow and red cards should be handed out realistically.

And last but not least - realistic crowd atmosphere - chants, oohs and ahhs, whistles, roars, sarcastic cheers, applause - all contextual to what's happening on the field.

A very controlled game but with so much variation within it that you'd think it was as spontaneous as a real game of football.

Last edited:
- Teams and players that play in the same style as they do in real life.
- A game based on good passing and turning and not through balls, chipped through balls and purely how fast your player is. Real football is not won like this. Through balls especially chipped are rare, especially as assists to goals, because they are difficult to do, difficult to beat defenders etc.

A clubs mode. The only thing that makes me buy FIFA is I want to be 1 player in a club online.

PES need to create a club mode where you can create your own kit, badge, stadium, AI players and they then charge money for micro-transactions. They will clean up, as FIFA don't do this, they just concentrate on milking millions off Ultimate team.

If PES introduces a quality customisable My Club mode, they then have a very unique USP and a money generator.

You could have 11v11 clubs, scheduled tournaments, cups, real league systems with promotion/relegation. Virtual world cup of clubs/teams. 5 a side pitches/clubs etc. Then a website to handle virtual club transfers of players, stats...The potential and scope is huge and so untapped.

A My Club mode that mimics real life football. Football clubs, you only controlling 1 player at a time and working as a team. This is real football, it's not controlling all 11 players. This is the future.

Back
Top Bottom