PC What controller for PES11 PC

Dee1888

Hail Hail
5 October 2004
IRELAND 06
CELTIC
Hi,

My new PC is due to be delivered in a few days and I'm looking forward to getting PES 11 for it. Up until PES6 I played the game on the PC with a PS2 pad.

Now that I will have Windows 7 64bit - I am wondering is there a general consensus as to which controller is best for the new PES.

Obviously with the movement being more fluid the days of the dpad are well and truly behind it (to get the most out of it anyway) so I am looking for a controller with a similar layout to the 360 pad.

I have heard that I can connect a wired 360 pad via USB but with Windows 7 64bit I think I need to go in before every boot up and turn off "driver signature"......I could do it but would prefer just to plug and play.

Is there a USB controller that I can just hook up and use for PES 11 without any hassle. Preferably one that is well regarded and proven to work.

Many thanks
Dee

I'm using the Xbox 360 controller for windows on PES2010 with no problems. The default driver should do the job for PES if im not wrong. There are some games where you might have to use other drivers and DSEO, but AFAIK you don't have to for PES.

I recommend the xbox360controller! (not only for pes)
Every new game supports this one directly...

Remember to set the controller to "xinput" in settings.exe for pes.

360 controller it is by the sounds of things :) Thanks lads.

Is there some sort of gizmo that I can buy that will allow me to use my current 360 wireless controls - or do I need to buy a wired one?

In my opinion, both the Xbox 360 Pad and the PS3 Pad are equally good, even the best. The choice between the two depends on your personal taste - analogue stick position, shape of the pad, etc.

I use the 360 one and I'm more than happy with it, reaction times of the buttons is the best of all PC gamepads, the analogue stick moves really smooth and many other great stuff. That's just me, though.

Anyway, I hope this helps and have fun with your new gadget. :P

The default drivers for the Xbox 360 pads are terrible, you can't press the two triggers at the same time, so for example if you play with RT as your sprint button and LT as your player selection button, you can't change your free kick type with the triggers.

The default drivers for the Xbox 360 pads are terrible, you can't press the two triggers at the same time, so for example if you play with RT as your sprint button and LT as your player selection button, you can't change your free kick type with the triggers.

Do you know where to get the drivers that allow both triggers to be used?

You are wrong ;)
Just set the controller to "xinput" in the settings.exe (since pes2008)and everything is fine.
No need for a special driver.

Yes... you can even use it wireless but you need to buy a wireless receiver and instal another program

I'm about to buy one of the new Logitech controllers (PS-style).
They have the F310 (most simple)
The F510 (= the F310 with rumble)
The F710 (= the F510 wireless)

They are launched last week. I'm used to PS-style controllers, so I will go for that one.

If you have a bunch of old PSOne oder PS2 controllers lying around like me, you should buy a playstation Hub like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.de/PLAYSTATION-PC-U...?pt=PC_Viedeospielzubehör&hash=item5636224577

Two players support works also perfect. And you save a lot of money because you can still use your old controllers, which are as good as new ones

I can only second that, played millions of hours(oki, im exaggerating a bit :)) of PES6 with PS2 controllers and one of these adaptors... Thats definitely best value for money

I have a madcatz xbox360 style controller. Got it new for 8 quid from argos. And it improved my game no end as i've had to learn to use the analogue stick instead of the d-pad which i had used for may a year.

I bought a PS2 adapter from Play when PES3 was out and still use it now for playing PES. My old PS2 died recently but I kept the controllers solely for PC gaming now.

He's asking for a controller to play PES 2011, not old-gen PES...

PS2 controller is nowhere as good as you might get for 2011. It's perfect for PES 5/6, but not for 2011. You simply need a gamepad with complete 360 degree movement of the analogue stick, such as the Xbox360 Pad, DualShock 3, Logitech's newer models, etc.

I can't imagine using the analogue stick of the PS2 controller for PES 2011, it's just not right. :)

You simply need a gamepad with complete 360 degree movement of the analogue stick, such as the Xbox360 Pad, DualShock 3, Logitech's newer models, etc.

It doesn't really matter... PES 11 doesn't have full 360 degree movement ;) You won't see a difference using PS3 controller..

and since I don't have a PS3 theres no need to use motion sensor because I only play PC

360 degree... 32 directions... wheres the difference.
The ps2 pads (and even the ps1 controllers with analoge stick) work perfect. Even two player support works perfect.
And as we all mentioned... everyone has an old PS controller lying around. This is definitely the best value for money!
But each man to his own...

Only 2 days to go...

Last edited:
I've got a logitech rumblepad 2. It has been perfect for the last 2 years but I've understand that PES2011 is uses pressure sensitive buttons. Is this true? If so what's the best solution?

I tried a few of those ps2 converters a while back but they gave me severe button lag. Any ideas?

I got this.
On the back of the joypad has a small "coller", then the air refresh player's hands.
It's quite good and the L2 and R2 buttons looks triggers like XBOX joypad.
ahg570_maior.jpg

Does anyone know if the precision of the dualshock 3 is retained using that MotionInJoy?

I've read that the dualshock 3 control stick is capable of distinguishing 32 different directions. I cannot actually find that anywhere online, but what I found was that the dualshock has "10-bit" precision vs. the "8-bit" precision found with the previous controllers.

Does MotionInJoy capture all of the data being sent from the controller or do you lose accuracy by using the computer instead of the ps3?

I may go the PC route for this game instead of using my ps3 in order to fully utilize my 1080p 55" TV and all the hacks, etc., but I would only do so if the control worked as well with the PC as with the ps3.

Back
Top Bottom