Well, it looks like PES 2010 in, FIFA 10 out for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online gameplay in Fifa10 simple crushes everything what we have in pes2010.
Of course, you simply have to love the double sprint pressuring combined with the amazing collisions system and the perfect ping-pong assisted passing finished off with sweet spot assisted goals... It's so fun and realistic... :ROLL:

pingpong in middle ground is biggest joke in pes2010 , collison system in pes 2010 is another joke - there is any collision system ? I thought that pass through each other :D :D I want see ,,your pingpong '' in online game with me ;) from your posts it is clear , you play singleplayer ;)

to be honest , pes this year is another crappy game . delayed reaction of players is another proof that They ( Konami ) lacked ideas how to beat Fifa.

Last edited:
Ping pong is not a problem in PES5... Player attributes had a massive impact meaning perfect first touch passes would generally only be done with very skilled players, therefore meaning you can't do "ping-pong" moves unless you use technical teams like Barcelona or Arsenal...
I can't comment much on PES10 because I only played the demo for a short time but in that time I wasn't able to hit countless first time passes inch-perfectly to other players' feet at all angles, as is possible in FIFA 10...

You can try bigging up your defending all you like by saying I couldn't do it against you online, but this just bring up another massive fault with FIFA 10... the defending system - it requires no skill whatsoever and defending in a realistic way does not reap any rewards, yet just sprinting around after everyone is very effective... which leads to the next point.

I'd rather have a very basic/non-existant collisions system like the one in PES5 than the extremely exaggerated one in FIFA 10 - you get big strong players being shoved off the ball with ease by much smaller players, players getting bulldozed from behind and have no foul given etc.
The only good thing about the FIFA 10 collisions is the variation of falling animations when players get hit by sliding tackles... for aerial battles and any physical challenges it is laughable.

Your reading isn't up to much if you thought it's "clear" that I play single player... i've been very critical of the AI in FIFA, it's so repetitive and unrealistic and I can probably count on one hand the amount of games i've played against the AI on FIFA 10...

PES5 > FIFA 10.

What the hell ? Its pes5 thread ? look at title .You want people you acquiescence ? ,,yes , pes 5 is superior '' Yes , pes5 is great '' ? what ? peoples must tell you what is better or you're not sure of what to play ? wtf?

Collison system in pes5 is not so good . big balance is most needed stat in this game and is far from ideal;) you can do everything Adriano and othe big buys. I prefer when 1/10 wallcot crush Gerrard in fifa but wants to see the players fighting.Fighting players in pes10or5 does not exist.

feed him ? what ? Funny is pes5 propaganda which makes few by users here. They just cant play pes5 ? anserw is no ! they must be consolidating what is good ? .imaho :D

IT IS LACK OF INDIVIDUAL :D

Fifa10 > Pes

Last edited:
Football titles have been very underwhelming on current gen consoles.

That lack of fun has given me a sense of nostalgia of the days when the early PES titles were around.

I even looked forward to putting on FIFA and checking it out and it would often surprise me because my expectations were so low.

Guess it's time to have a good crack at FM instead now. :))

What the hell ? Its pes5 thread ? look at title .You want people you acquiescence ? ,,yes , pes 5 is superior '' Yes , pes5 is great '' ? what ? peoples must tell you what is better or you're not sure of what to play ? wtf?

Collison system in pes5 is not so good . big balance is most needed stat in this game and is far from ideal;) you can do everything Adriano and othe big buys. I prefer when 1/10 wallcot crush Gerrard in fifa but wants to see the players fighting.Fighting players in pes10or5 does not exist.

feed him ? what ? Funny is pes5 propaganda which makes few by users here. They just cant play pes5 ? anserw is no ! they must be consolidating what is good ? .imaho :D

IT IS LACK OF INDIVIDUAL :D

Fifa10 > Pes

FIFA 10 kicks PES 2010's ass, but we all have to admit FIFA 10 doesn't come close to PES 5.

If you feel that the collision system in FIFA 10 is better than PES 5's then I have no idea where you are coming from. The physicality in FIFA 10 is exaggerated, and whilst I enjoy the interaction compared to PES 2010, you have to admit its no way realistic.

I agree, Fifa is technically a better game but PES is, to me, much more fun.

They are both fun. They both have bugs. Neither is perfect. Just like last year these two games aren't great games. They are both deeply flawed in one form of another.
One thing is certain though.

Multiplayer: FIFA
Single Player: PES

Last edited:
FIFA 10 kicks PES 2010's ass, but we all have to admit FIFA 10 doesn't come close to PES 5.

If you feel that the collision system in FIFA 10 is better than PES 5's then I have no idea where you are coming from. The physicality in FIFA 10 is exaggerated, and whilst I enjoy the interaction compared to PES 2010, you have to admit its no way realistic.

It's a new engine so they wanted to show it off. Next year they will tone it down obviously.

Ping pong is not a problem in PES5... Player attributes had a massive impact meaning perfect first touch passes would generally only be done with very skilled players, therefore meaning you can't do "ping-pong" moves unless you use technical teams like Barcelona or Arsenal...
I can't comment much on PES10 because I only played the demo for a short time but in that time I wasn't able to hit countless first time passes inch-perfectly to other players' feet at all angles, as is possible in FIFA 10...

You can try bigging up your defending all you like by saying I couldn't do it against you online, but this just bring up another massive fault with FIFA 10... the defending system - it requires no skill whatsoever and defending in a realistic way does not reap any rewards, yet just sprinting around after everyone is very effective... which leads to the next point.

I'd rather have a very basic/non-existant collisions system like the one in PES5 than the extremely exaggerated one in FIFA 10 - you get big strong players being shoved off the ball with ease by much smaller players, players getting bulldozed from behind and have no foul given etc.
The only good thing about the FIFA 10 collisions is the variation of falling animations when players get hit by sliding tackles... for aerial battles and any physical challenges it is laughable.

Your reading isn't up to much if you thought it's "clear" that I play single player... i've been very critical of the AI in FIFA, it's so repetitive and unrealistic and I can probably count on one hand the amount of games i've played against the AI on FIFA 10...

PES5 > FIFA 10.
Ping Pong is not a problem in PES? It is very possible. The regularity just isn't as often as FIFA.

This year has been rubbish for football games but I will still take Fifa 10 over PES 2010. Its all opinions at the end of the day, mine is Fifa 10 provides more fun for me than PES2010 but none of them provide more fun than COD:MW2
So arcade shooter are fun for you? WTF?

HURR DURR

and you're the token forum mongoloid who relies on an internet forum to vent his frustration, while hiding behind the web anonimity. How pathetic.

Go with that attitude anywhere else and see if someone doesn't smash your face after 35 seconds of chatting, dumbass.

Where the fuck are the mods in this fucking fanboy-infested shithole? Geez.

Last edited:
They are both fun. They both have bugs. Neither is perfect. Just like last year these two games aren't great games. They are both deeply flawed in one form of another.
One thing is certain though.

Multiplayer: FIFA
Single Player: PES

Yep spot on, although PES 2010 single player is only better because of the awful AI in FIFA 10.

Sorry, but I detest PES 2010 so much. I hated FIFA 08 because of the response times, so PES 2010 really frustrates me. Ruins everything I loved the PES series for.

and you're the token forum mongoloid who relies on an internet forum to vent his frustration, while hiding behind the web anonimity. How pathetic.

Go with that attitude anywhere else and see if someone doesn't smash your face after 35 seconds of chatting, dumbass.

The deep irony here is that you just called another forum member a mongoloid. So yeah, where are the mods?

Yeah I bought PES 2010 as I was getting bored of FIFA. I loved it and played about 10 games then tried FIFA again. For me it is then I appreciated the openness and playability of FIFA. PES is awful. FIFA on full manual you can basically do anything you want with the ball. PES is very very limited

I was blind and mislead by what EA & was and is still trying to do. Sure, let's create a footie game that will have beautiful animations, fluidity and other things but the gameplay, oh who cares about gameplay right ? People can easily be happy with some flashy graphics which FIFA 10 failed miserably compared to PES 10.

FIFA 10 has ZERO gameplay esp. when you play someone online or multiplayer. It doesn't exist. Playing PES 10 FEELS like playing a real damn thing. The gameplay realism is incredible. This goes for every single PES and WE title. They all have better gameplay than any FIFA, period. Hate or love me, flame me all you want but I'm saying the truth and you all know it.

Last night, I played FIFA 10 online again and every time I play FIFA it makes me appreciate PES more and more. I'm able to feel the excitement football game brings to the table, I cannot say the same for FIFA 10. FIFA10 is a nice well rounded game, but the depth of the game is really poor. GAMEPLAY is what I'm mostly after, and I know playing PES or WE would give me that satisfaction. Yes, even I can't believe what I'm writing, after I said FIFA 10 was a superior game compared to PES10. :R1:RANT: NOT TRUE.

I am selling my copy for $30, if anyone wants it, I'll send it to you. Shipping included.

Yeah I bought PES 2010 as I was getting bored of FIFA. I loved it and played about 10 games then tried FIFA again. For me it is then I appreciated the openness and playability of FIFA. PES is awful. FIFA on full manual you can basically do anything you want with the ball. PES is very very limited

having a freedom and having to do anything with the ball doesn't guarantee a great gameplay, does it. Just play Football Kingdom and you'll know what I'm talking about.

FIFA on full manual you can basically do anything you want with the ball. PES is very very limited

While that is true, Fifa forces you to play the Fifa way. That means attacking down the same channels and scoring the same goals from the same sweet spots. Or at least that's my experience of the game over the last three years. PES allows me to play how I want due to the tactics sliders, and score a variety of different goals from all ranges and angles. Fifa is limiting in the final third whereas PES recreates all the havoc of a real football match.

They're all pondering how they can go about censoring a forum without inadvertantly implying that you aren't the forum idiot.

While that is true, Fifa forces you to play the Fifa way. That means attacking down the same channels and scoring the same goals from the same sweet spots. Or at least that's my experience of the game over the last three years. PES allows me to play how I want due to the tactics sliders, and score a variety of different goals from all ranges and angles. Fifa is limiting in the final third whereas PES recreates all the havoc of a real football match.

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD: post of the year

Fair point, I've always loved the way you can score goals from variety of angles in the game. The low shot across the keeper into the bottom far corner seems to be a type of goal EA must feel never happens in a footy match...

I think for two-thirds of the entire pitch FIFA 10 is magic, but once you get into goal scoring posistions the game loses its awesomeness.

Fair point, I've always loved the way you can score goals from variety of angles in the game. The low shot across the keeper into the bottom far corner seems to be a type of goal EA must feel never happens in a footy match...

I think for two-thirds of the entire pitch FIFA 10 is magic, but once you get into goal scoring posistions the game loses its awesomeness.
I beg to differ. You can score from anywhere in FIFA, but what hurts the game is the shitty keepers. They are the ones that create that constant repetition of goals. But don't let that fool you into to thinking those are the only types of goals possible. The variety is there they just got to sort the shitty keepers to prevent the exploitable spots. But the variety is at the very least on par with PES no doubt.

I'm currently playing ML quite a bit so I see the variety exists, but I feel that the variety is heavily based on the stats and not the users input. So part of the time you feel like your playing Football Manager instead of an interactive game. That does not mean FIFA has it's stuff together with how the stats affect gameplay. In FIFA passing stats really don't have the effect you want when distinguishing the abilities of different players. In PES the fact that passing has too much of an automated feel hurt the game as well because it's the game picking the path of the ball and not you picking it and then the game applying the error on the pass based on the stats.

For me PES is too automated. Part of the problem is because the controls aren't 360 degrees. And as a result the game has to pick the path of the ball for you and the power.

FIFA is the opposite. When passing the freedom is there, but there is almost no error applied to the strike of the ball so that a through ball pass can thread a needle regardless of the player passing the ball.

Both games are on two completely different sides of the spectrum. Neither has reached the middle ground of two methods. And the first game to do so will be the undisputed game of choice.

That's why I side more with FIFA's way of doing things because I want freedom. But it ain't perfect by any means.

Pes2010 and real football hahaha ,especially online in new pes is so boringgggggg.

Reasons why Fifa 10 is not like real football:

- Acrrington Stanley can knock the ball about like Arsenal.
- Strength and pace are the only significant player attributes. Genuinely skilful and talented players like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta have little authority on a game because they lack pace and power.
- Over emphasis on physicality, particularly in favour of the defending team. A defending player will always be stronger than an attacker, until they get the ball then the roles reverse.
- You can win the ball simply by sprinting into an opponent.
- Balloon-like shooting.
- Only one player can lock onto the ball.
- Weak heading.
- Keepers are unbeatable from certain angles.
- Crosses and Free-kicks curl like a plastic football.
- Poor AI.
- Tactics have little affect.
- Pitches are too small.

If that's real football to you, then enjoy.:TU:

Reasons why Fifa 10 is not like real football:

- Acrrington Stanley can knock the ball about like Arsenal.
- Strength and pace are the only significant player attributes. Genuinely skilful and talented players like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta have little authority on a game because they lack pace and power.
- Over emphasis on physicality, particularly in favour of the defending team. A defending player will always be stronger than an attacker, until they get the ball then the roles reverse.
- You can win the ball simply by sprinting into an opponent.
- Balloon-like shooting.
- Only one player can lock onto the ball.
- Weak heading.
- Keepers are unbeatable from certain angles.
- Crosses and Free-kicks curl like a plastic football.
- Poor AI.
- Tactics have little affect.
- Pitches are too small.

If that's real football to you, then enjoy.:TU:
Now let's make a list of PES 2010's faults. Neither of these two games is a great representation of football.
They're are just good. With many faults.

Now let's make a list of PES 2010's faults. Neither of these two games is a great representation of football.
They're are just good. With many faults.

I'm not denying that PES 2010 is full of faults. Both games are far from perfect and next-gen football games in general have been a bit of a let down.

My problems with PES 2010 are as follows:

- Rigid movement/animations.
- On rails passing.
- 360 degree movement is a joke.
- Lack of signature moves.
- Poor penalty system.
- Awful referees.
- No advantage rule.
- Lack of stadia.
- No custom League/Cup mode.
- No German league.
- In general lacking many features from last-gen.

But I still think it plays a more fun and involving game of football.

I'm not denying that PES 2010 is full of faults. Both games are far from perfect and next-gen football games in general have been a bit of a let down.

My problems with PES 2010 are as follows:

- Rigid movement/animations.
- On rails passing.
- 360 degree movement is a joke.
- Lack of signature moves.
- Poor penalty system.
- Awful referees.
- No advantage rule.
- Lack of stadia.
- No custom League/Cup mode.
- No German league.
- In general lacking many features from last-gen.

But I still think it plays a more fun and involving game of football
Very very debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom