Well, it looks like PES 2010 in, FIFA 10 out for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will never happen unless EA sheds its stigma of being the "casual" football game. Also EA's consumer base for FIFA is way too large, and it would be financial suicide if EA made drastic changes to the FIFA gameplay engine, like removing assisted passing from the game. It can't be done. Can you imagine the outrage from the assisted fanboys if FIFA introduced a first touch game mechanic like PES does?

I wonder if anyone would actually notice? But you are most likely right. It's funny with FIFA online. I am a mostly semi to manual player and would lose games online just about everytime. A few days ago I switched everything to Auto Controls and started dominating my opposition in every stat. I didn't know I was a halfway decent until then!

It's just sad how the online experience is ruined for us players who like something other than Auto.

Truth being that you have to wait a little bit longer with the manual filter. But I have always found someone to play against, and those were the most beautiful games I have ever had in my football games life

Reasons why Fifa 10 is not like real football:

- Acrrington Stanley can knock the ball about like Arsenal.
- Strength and pace are the only significant player attributes. Genuinely skilful and talented players like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta have little authority on a game because they lack pace and power.
- Over emphasis on physicality, particularly in favour of the defending team. A defending player will always be stronger than an attacker, until they get the ball then the roles reverse.
- You can win the ball simply by sprinting into an opponent.
- Balloon-like shooting.
- Only one player can lock onto the ball.
- Weak heading.
- Keepers are unbeatable from certain angles.
- Crosses and Free-kicks curl like a plastic football.
- Poor AI.
- Tactics have little affect.
- Pitches are too small.

If that's real football to you, then enjoy.:TU:

Spot on - year after year I continue to be amazed that FIFA fanboys continue to act as if these fundamental problems don't exist. PES is back on the right track after veering dangerously of-course for a couple of years. That said, the refereeing in 2010 is just an abomination and comes very close to rendering it unplayable.

Jesus, how many threads do people need for the same old conversations year after bloody year?!

FIFA fanboy this, Pro Evo fanboy that... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

for me scoring in PES is far too easy. You can score from any area, no special built up to create chances is required.

It's far more rewarding to score in FIFA (manual controls, else it's stupid button mashing, too), and it's possible to score all kind of goals (long range, volleys, finesse,...) not just sinmple 1-on-1s, too.

The more important thing for me is the built up play. In FIFA I have the freedom to create the built-up play I like (--> semi/manual passing):
- passing into free spaces
- sending a player into space

PES plays as being on rails (rails = tactical sliders, you can change them, I know...)

The "perfect game" for me would be:

- controls: FIFA
- animations: FIFA
- textures/lightening: PES
- models: PES/FIFA
- AI: tweaked FIFA with a grain of PES individuality

_____

both games are too "individual"/have different approach to compare them exacty, though:

PES --> easy control ("boring"), but "deep" gameplay due to "advanced" AI
FIFA --> deep control ("frustrating"), lazy implementation of team tactics --> no variety.

Scoring from any area IS simply football. Problem is your too a custom to FIFA in which you score the same goals over and over again. Because some of these common goals take 'effort' and 'skill' to score you seem to love them.

I have been playng manual for a few years now and you still just score the same goals! No matter how nice the build up play is. Also since the defence ai is so bad, i feel no joy in scoring them, it's not fun, it's easy sterile and boring.

Manual controls in FIFA 10 are pretty easy imo. Dosen't take too long to learn you just aim where you want to shoot, pass etc... You can still score those finesee shots from breakways, easy chipped goals, (in general the typical goals everyone scores). It's just a little more difficault to do than on assisted but all this 'ho ha' and 'glorification' I myself used to believe about manual is just silly.

Manual controls aren't realsitic in fifa. On manual no matter who yor playing with wheather it's Xavi or Jermanie Jenas, the passing is simply down to you. It's still the same broken arcadey game on manual except you simply make it harder to put those ping pong passes toghether. Even on manual you can play like Barca with Barnet, infact thats the only way to play footbal on FIFA 10, quick passing.

pes 10 and right track hahaha great joke :D human vs human in new pes is boring like Pes2009 .

Well if your like making fifa street like moves down the pitch with Agbonglahor to set up for carew to score a 30 yard chip lik you do in FIFA 10. I understand why playing actually football in PES 2010 is boring even vs a mate.

Good to know your point but its not my words ...for sure , dont try to be so smart ;) pes10 overall is fail - look at numer players Fifa10 online and on very bad ratings of pes10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom