WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

Re: Winning Eleven 9 - Official Discussion Thread Part 2

im a bit sad about the Brazilian squad. no Robinho.

yes its so strange he should be in the brazil squad ....!!!!!!

oh well, i'm sure the PES version will feature him since Konami was too busy making the game to watch the confederations cup.

Is there any info on the masterleague yet because we know its basically the same but they have made some option changes aparently and updated the players growth aspects and taken out the long traning aspects.
Some of the info was in that famitsu mag i am sure, my friend at work is translating it for me but as he doesnt know WE very well its difficult for him to understand all the terms. but wont see him until sun.
All the players etc can be edited but its masterleague info that i am most interested in thks.

Well, I wouldn´t hope for squads realisticly updated, because Konami never excels in that category.

As most people is saying, I don´t notice any significant tweaks to the game just by viewing the videos. In terms of graphics, the player models (not talking just about the faces) seem exactly the same as in WE8. Seems like PS2 has been pushed already to its limits by KCET.
Just a new bunch of animations, some of the old ones smoother (the movement of players turning with the ball looks better represented) is what we´ll get in terms of graphical achievement. One big dissapointment to me is the fact that the grass textures seem to remain unchanged, and to me weren´t great in WE8.

So what I´m waiting for are the traditional adjustments and refinement of the gameplay issues that year after year makes this footie series the best avaliable for gamers.

By the way, one of the first reviewers of the beta in this forum said that the game featured a big novelty that he wasn´t allowed to reveal. Due to the emphasis put on the game´s intro video on people playing street football, could it be that Konami decided to include a sort of secret arcade mode to rival "Fifa street"?
Just wondering... there are not many news to be commented on, so one ends letting his ideas fly.
The one idea that always looked great to me was to implement the possibility to make the referee human controlled, so when three friends engage to play a match, one of them could take the "virtual whistle" and administrate justice on the pitch in a partial or fair way dependin on the mood he was. It´d add a new total dimension to multiplayer. Wouldn´t be that bad.

Ok. I stop here. ;P

woosoki said:
I'm humbled by the compliment:) but I simply don't have that much information about WE8. Actually, I'm not really interested in the detailed information of WE, for it's only a matter of several days before we can put our hands on WE8 and figure out how everything fares.

WE8?

pesswede said:
According to this site pessverige.com three teams from nordic will be in the game..FC Copenhagen, Rosenborg and Malmo FF

What!!! :-( I don't hope this is true because if theese teams are in the game then it is very very bad that teams like Brondby....vålerenga and tromsø aren't...................

inter_211 said:
Nakamura is not in the national team, or "Miura" is supposed to be Nakamura ?

is in because Japan show only 22 players

Djalminha said:
The one idea that always looked great to me was to implement the possibility to make the referee human controlled, so when three friends engage to play a match, one of them could take the "virtual whistle" and administrate justice on the pitch in a partial or fair way dependin on the mood he was. It´d add a new total dimension to multiplayer. Wouldn´t be that bad.

Ok. I stop here. ;P

Great idea, I actually made that proposion to my mates, but they didn´t really respond. It would rock to play the ref on fouls.

Djalminha...if i remember correctly,i have also read someone's post about a new mode,that makes the game's playability last longer? could this perhaps be the street mode? the only thing that gave it away was the intro...now why would they include street style football in the intro? hmmmnnn...

zalo_22 said:
yes its so strange he should be in the brazil squad ....!!!!!!

Simply add him in the edit a mode and problem solved.

nazzo said:

My bad :roll:

Nakamura is not in the national team, or "Miura" is supposed to be Nakamura ?

You're correct. Actually I've had it corrected before you mentioned it, but anyway.

Last edited:

phrase said:
Djalminha...if i remember correctly,i have also read someone's post about a new mode,that makes the game's playability last longer? could this perhaps be the street mode? the only thing that gave it away was the intro...now why would they include street style football in the intro? hmmmnnn...

That someone may have been talking about Japan challenge mode, which would surely make Japanese gamers play WE9 a little bit longer, but not really worthwhile to others. But then, remember this WE8 is supposed to be sold in Japan only(with the exception of Korea and Hong Kong).

Surely theres gonna be players in the Free Agent team that you have to buy individually from the shop using WEN/PES points.
So Robinho will have to be in there. I wonder what his stats are gonna be like.

ok its fine we can arrange it by putting the missing players in edit mode .....but what i mean is nokami should have done it.up 2 date ...

True but maybe it was too late. If the players are not in PES5 then its fair to complain.
I always think the PES game it the one that needs to be the up to date one. Cuz if that isnt, there isnt gonna be another version after it. I know there is International/Livewire Evolution but those dont count cuz thats a different game.

off topic...

why i'm not getting the email messages saying that someone replied to this topic? I get those in all my other ative topics but not in this one, and it's very annoying having to always go looking for the last post i've read!!! :(

mayeb coz its so active that u might recieve 20 emails in 5 mins :P

RuneEdge said:
True but maybe it was too late. If the players are not in PES5 then its fair to complain.
I always think the PES game it the one that needs to be the up to date one. Cuz if that isnt, there isnt gonna be another version after it. I know there is International/Livewire Evolution but those dont count cuz thats a different game.

Also there is usually a Fifa out around the same time as well.

i never played fifa since fifa 98, is it good ?
lol just kiddin

I jsut wish that my country is playable in this game[-o<:salute:

Most of the players in the Argentinian squad are correct, but they have 21/22 players, and Lucho Gonzales is missing, he was in one of the pictures.. also I don't know if those are the correct squads..

EDIT: About the Street mode, I don't know if it has it.. becuase we've seen the main menu and I don't think it says anything about street mode.. Unless they make you pick before you start the game, like the language..

Last edited:

Street mode????? I thought i was being adventurous wanting good goalkeepers. Street soccer ha ha ha oh dont im starting to hurt with laughing.

WE9 said:
hi guys !!

Why you're told us isn't found any info about ML??? :(

But Mr. ThomasGOAL had added to news before>>

And this is link that appear to you some info about ML.
:roll: :roll:

http://www.wearepes.com/~vip/KAiWAi/WE9/PSMa5.jpg

I haven't played the ML really since WE7 (when the structure changed to 4 reginal leagues) and after reading that little bit about the ML in WE9 I'm actually looking foward to playing it.

Yeah, it has flaws. The structure needs changing, there shouldn't be duplicate players or classic players available to buy...

BUT it should be FUN. I remember when I used to play ML - on 2 player, starting with the crap players (never real ones) and on the hardest difficulty. This was so much FUN! Yeah, we got annoyed, really annoyed when we lose most matches and go lots of games without scoring (espcially with crap players), and even bankrupt, but it's SO rewarding when win, or get a goal even, whether it's a tap in or not. And we NEVER cheated (quit a game if losing and replay till win). Doing things the hard way is always best, and will last ages and you can feel good about yourself when you've turned your team around from no-hopers to a superstar team, winning as many cups as possible a season and getting goldenboot.

All this talk I really can't wait to play ML again. Like I said it ain't perfect, far from it, but it can/will be fun if you let it.

The problem is that for most experts (like me ;) ) it doesnt take too long to turn a bunch of nobodys into a team of Galacticos.

Back
Top Bottom