WE9 Class - Dribbling Past Defenders 101

Massacre_1907 said:
it would be good for all of us if YOU start looking for another forum *Coughs* fifa , it has your country and no side steppings that you bitch about in every FUCKIN THREAD. :roll:

[size=+12]I'M ON A ONE WEEK VACATION[/size]

edited by teh Admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
body feint
facing opponent's goal, stop the ball with :r2:,ball must stop completely, then tap up 2x quickly ( or down)

I'd say it's best used for wingers near the corner, they can fool the defender with lots of stuff like dash stepover + cross fake + R2 turn to the side + then do the body feint + then go to the side and cross :applause: I'd recommend C.Ronaldo for this sh1t :mrgreen:

didnt know where to put this really

im Cristiano ronaldo. I have the ball wide right, gary neville cuts inside near the center circle. I look right and edge of the boot the ball left completely baffling me, and the defender

i was STUNNED

what a quality move

only1ronaldo said:
body feint
facing opponent's goal, stop the ball with :r2:,ball must stop completely, then tap up 2x quickly ( or down)

I'd say it's best used for wingers near the corner, they can fool the defender with lots of stuff like dash stepover + cross fake + R2 turn to the side + then do the body feint + then go to the side and cross :applause: I'd recommend C.Ronaldo for this sh1t :mrgreen:

basically waste 5-10 seconds of game time to do a simple move. Go to the line and cross. A player who did that under Mourinho would imediately sit on the bench lol.

can u side step by using analog stick or not didnt test that yet

but maybe with analog stick u dont have side steps

there are more sequels of games op ps2 that in later versions u only can walk with analog stick maybe konami want that 2 in WE/PES because u can turn 360 degree with it and dpad have 8 directions

sorry for bad english

Mauras said:
basically waste 5-10 seconds of game time to do a simple move. Go to the line and cross. A player who did that under Mourinho would imediately sit on the bench lol.

Sure thing, but for me it's always great to tease my (human) opponent, and online rivals trust me :] I've played with some dribblers @ pes4 online mode and I know the feeling you can't do nothing but watch (or brutally stop this madness) It is truly priceless :applause:

kevano22 said:
i love this game.

With certain players i use all differnt kinds of tactics, i am a big fan of dribbling.

Sometimes i use the 360o spin, which you can see here, done with the right timing and perfection, you really can orgasm...

http://www.directcontact.org.uk/videos/we9/VeronMAGIC.avi

then sometimes, with the likes of gerrard keane i just try to power my way through by running with R1 and i can gain a lot of space up the pitch ready for a strike.

then you have the little tricksters like Deco. I was on FIRE with him. shot feints, cross feints, stepovers using all the little things i knew, i was tkaing the piss out of some defenders.

I love we9.

Hey Kevano,

Just curious but do you play we9 on playstation, xbox or pc? the graphics just look very sharp en colorfull.. Can't imagin a ps2 or xbox showing these kind of images...

loved the dribblin in pes4, thought it was pretty well thought out, it wasnt like anyone could do it and there were plenty of players who couldnt dribble for crap (tresone for eg), but had other abilities.
cant wait 2 get my hands on pes5, how are the graphics, how about the pitches? is the turf still like wat it was in pes4 ( ala bad hair day) ??

someone help me... what do i do when im trying to attack, but there are full of players in the penalty box which are not mine

What can you do except shoot?..you can run to the wings and cross it in, but winning a header is pretty much impossible unless your 40cm taller.

kingpug said:
What can you do except shoot?..you can run to the wings and cross it in, but winning a header is pretty much impossible unless your 40cm taller.

not true.

Ive won my fair share of headers with little sinama pongolle, he tends to win more balls flicking it on, rather than heading directly at goal.

it really is ALL about positioning

i find tat when i position the player to head while holding r2, my player just stand there and watch after i positioned him... must i release the r2 button to head?

no, you must press the button to head, like X or Square, duh.

i think u cna head with circle too now

no.. what i mean is, do i have to release the button and press square, or i can hold r2 and at the same time press sq to head? how do u guys do it? release r2 and press square or hold r2 + square button?

i just keep hold of R2, move the player while im doing this, then press the head button, sometimes i keep hold of R2, but if i do, i make sure im not moving the analogue or it will move the player still! dont forget that

got it.. coz i always forget to let go of my r2 button(its a habit) and my player just run towards the direction tat i intended to head instead of jumping

have to agree with the sidestepping complaints, I believe it was better when it was assigned to R2...

hey, i just made the defender fell down by himself! i was using j.s park and running down left flank, the defender followed me, i did a 180 deg turn, and he fell down.. it was so hilarious... and i dint touch him at all... its like, he lost his balance and fell backside first

filthydani said:
I hate using the side steps every time to dribble, there are a lot of situations you don't need to do sides steps at all, i think they did that just because people can play the game with the fucking PSP that doesn't have 4 shoulder buttons like the PS2 controller…

So Konami did the new dribbling system just because people go buy more PSPs and get more fucking money, they didn't remove the old system because IT WASNT REALISTIC AS PEOPLE THINK!

I'm amazed... 2 days ago I was reading the forum and I come back today and I see you're still posting the same comments... I don't want to be unpleasant but I (and others here)could do without this painful posts which not only do not add anything interesting BUT are depressing.

peace.

hooooo... I just saw the post saying " I'm on vacation" 8S
cool 8 )

Last edited:
hey,.... does anyone know how to disable c.ronaldo's elastico? coz he doesnt do tat in real life, he is the stepover king!

Back
Top Bottom