WE2008 Demo - Anyone tried it???

Thanks JB. Shame, shame on the long balls...

One question. I was under the impression that we cannot play jap games on our 360. I've become so confused with all this region locks that I have no clue. Mind shedding some light on this for me o fearless leader?

;-)

one thing to remember is that all Japanese games are region locked on the 360. only some Asian, US and Pal games are region free.

EDIT: Front-end is the same (including music, which is a shock when you haven't heard it for a while, haha). From what I can see, and I might be missing something obvious but I don't think I am, you can't change the camera angle in the demo (which is obviously to hide the slowdown, either because Konami are being deceitful or because they're working on a patch for it). Game speed is the same, slowdown on cut-scenes is the same. Crowd are still pixelated. There is an extra difficulty as ThomasGOAL has already reported, "Super Star", but I'm not noticing any difference between Top Player and Super Star - perhaps it's another Master League only thing, who knows. I'm sure it must do something but honestly, I can't see any difference.

Most dissapointingly, goalkeepers are still the same, and can't catch basic shots.

I don't think it's any different from PES2008, personally. I certainly haven't noticed anything different in the gameplay myself.
So it's the same shit, different toilet!

Were there any slowdown/framerate issues in the demo?

As I said mate, it was all the same slowdown-wise. Nothing in-game (on Xbox 360, remember), same cut-scene slowdown. Bar the highlights at the end which are a bit weird. They're improved, but... In a weird way. When they use the far cam, there's no slowdown, when it zooms in it either runs too fast or too slow depending on how many players are on the screen.

I try this démo, with an "japanese" gamertag on the marketplace, and i'm so confused about version WE have... This one sound more a finished game, more slow, controls a little bit difficult, balls physics on long-passes are perfect and it's more difficult to play a rapid-passes game... Also no more big framerate slowdown on replay... Incredible :shock:

So, WE WANT A UPDATE! OUR EURO-GAME IS NOT FINISHED! SHAMEFUL!! ](*,)

(sorry for my english)

Before I say this, everybody's entitled to their opinion etc. so don't think I'm being a twat here Vialli, but... The first thing I noticed was the ball physics were the same. Two deflections in the first half should have just knocked off the other guy's foot slightly, but they FLEW away like a full-power shot hitting the post. So personally I see absolutely no difference - apart from highlights at the end where they've obviously tried to fix it. And the missing camera selection.

Before I say this, everybody's entitled to their opinion etc. so don't think I'm being a twat here Vialli, but... The first thing I noticed was the ball physics were the same. Two deflections in the first half should have just knocked off the other guy's foot slightly, but they FLEW away like a full-power shot hitting the post. So personally I see absolutely no difference - apart from highlights at the end where they've obviously tried to fix it. And the missing camera selection.
Shows you how rubbish Konami are... At least it wasnt a case of "looking after our own and sod the rest!" Check out my PES 2008 Cheat that happened 30 mins ago whilst playing the PC version....

I'm actually playing the PES2008 final game after a WE2008 session, and it's REALLY faster... I think it's an optimisation of the "proportions" beetween players, pitch, ball...
Try, the players looks smaller in the pitch in our version, in the same stadium...

Shows you how rubbish Konami are... At least it wasnt a case of "looking after our own and sod the rest!" Check out my PES 2008 Cheat that happened 30 mins ago whilst playing the PC version....
That vid in your sig is one of those that I agree with but loads of people will say is perfectly possible. I saw my players bouncing off a virtual wall around the CPU players at one point but this was before I decided I could be arsed to make a cheats video. I'm gutted that I didn't save a replay of that, because that's solid proof. Although saying that, there's enough solid proof about the half-way line scoring and things like that.

I'm actually playing the PES2008 final game after a WE2008 session, and it's REALLY faster... I think it's an optimisation of the "proportions" beetween players, pitch, ball...
Try, the players looks smaller in the pitch in our version, in the same stadium...
Interesting... I don't have PES2008 myself (I rented it for a weekend) but I'm interested to see if other people agree with you.

No, PES2008 isn't really amazing, the "full accessibility" of the game is boring me, fast-passing and easy dribbling... "Spettacolare", and too fast (ps3 and 360, the same)...

But it's not a shitted game for all, we have a good balanced game attack/defense, full manual (not assisted like WE9 or PES5 for defending, just push :square: and :x: all the match...) all is realisable, but all can be cancelled by a good tactics and opposition...

Defending is "subtil" in this PES, and all pressing too, all is controlable... It's a very "tactical" game... But "rubbished" by the in-game speed...
In precedent game, "good player vs normal player" can be solded by a "normal player" win, but in this game, i don't think...

Crap! all this different opinions on this demo. I'm gonna have to go through the trouble of creating a JAP acct on PS network and seeing for myself if it's any different to our current version.

Thanks for your views vialli82 and JB.

Just to correct one thing: there was only one camera in the european demo too guys, so it is not necessarily a ploy to hide the slowdown ;)

I'm not saying that it doesn't hide the slowdown, though, I'm just saying that the camera option was not removed from the demo since the previous demos didn't have it either.

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

wel to my opinion
The WE2008 demo is better then pes2008
if u play the pes2008 demo from psn(same stadiums ofcourse)u get lots of slowdowns,compared to the we2008 demo its much better(still 1%slowdowns sometimes).From the 3 matches i played i found the extra difficulty option realy nice to play with and i found the keepers to make much better saves then in pes2008,the gameplay and pace is a bit slower,but still its fast(and i realy expected it slower on WE:( ) so im still not happy about that.
The reply is much better with ALMOST no slowdowns(still 1% remains}but its realy much better then in pes2008.
for the rest its al the same compared to the pes2008 demo

edit
oh and i also like the promo vid:)

Last edited:
Just to correct one thing: there was only one camera in the european demo too guys, so it is not necessarily a ploy to hide the slowdown ;)

I'm not saying that it doesn't hide the slowdown, though, I'm just saying that the camera option was not removed from the demo since the previous demos didn't have it either.
That's odd, I seem to remember changing to the wide cam on the European demo. I'm sure I would have complained about it on here if you couldn't; but now that we know about the slowdown and the realisation that it could be for hiding it, it may have been more noticeable.

Thanks for that, anyway.

Much btter than PES008! Seems konami ahve sorted out the replays. Slower than PES but still fast.

May buy this instead now. Need to play on wide cam tho

Ok, just to be fair then, Jack:

I know that the PC demo doesn't allow you to change camera, and I'm pretty sure that the 360 demo doesn't allow you to do it either.

I haven't played the PS3 demo, since it came out after the game, so if you're refering to the PS3 demo, I ain't the one to talk about it and I apologise if the information I'm giving is incorrect.

Does anyone else remember anything about cameras in the demos - for sanity's sake? :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Played this demo and I have to say it's much slower paced than the EURO version. I find this demo a lot better not only because the GK's make fewer mistakes, but also because the long balls and pace of the game has been brought down a notch. I will definately be getting this one. It plays much better than the current version.

Long balls are noticeably improved.

My download is 94% complete.
I will report back soon to confirm or dispute Bauer's madness.

if its really better than pes 2008, how could we purchase this game since play asia doesnt deliver to the EU? are there any other reliable shops?

I just played two games and the difference in smoothness is immediately apparent.
Even the replays are watchable, although they are not perfect.
The crossfield passes are slightly better, i tried lots in succession and none bounced over a players head and out of play.
Apart from these two things though, the game is identical, the pace is the same, infact at first i felt it was faster.

If you already have PES2008, I wouldn't buy this as well, unless you REALLY hate the slowdown.
If you don't have PES2008, get WE2008 instead because it's much smoother, but it's 99% the same as PES2008.

edit: I played the PS3 version on a SDTV.
edit 2: I can't stress enough how smooth it is compared to PES2008, i didn't get one bit of slowdown or bad frame-rate during gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm not quite mad then, phew. :)

I'm thinking it may appear smoother for you because it's an Asian demo, running at 60hz, on your normally 50hz (PAL SDTV) television? Maybe? (That's not regarding slowdown, which they appear to have made an effort to fix, that's referring to the "smoothness" you mention. But honestly, apart from that, I find it hard to see where they've changed anything, especially the goalkeepers which I badly wanted to see fixed but still make the same mistakes.)

I haven't played this new demo yet, but on a Chinese PS3 forum, the reaction seems pretty unanimous that this WE2008 demo is obviously better than the PES2008 demo in terms of frame rate. Almost everyone is saying the gameplay runs smooth, and replay's frame rate is also improved. Note again most people there are comparing the PES2008 demo & WE2008 demo on PS3.

I honestly do find the demo a bit slower than the current one. Turns with Kaka for example or executed much quicker with the Euro version than this one. Shooting feels a bit different too in terms of responsiveness. I don't know, perhaps it's me but this demo feels a bit different after immediately playing the current one. I could be going bonkers though.

Back
Top Bottom