WE2008 Demo - Anyone tried it???

any news on 360? I will check tonight and see if it is up. Placebo or any other people with Asian or Japanese accounts please check.

She finished ;)

So yes WE2008 is on the Singapore market place, weird thing is we set it for download, went back to check and it said it was done already (1.2gb in 4 mins, I don't think so), I still had the PES2008 demo on the HD so either they're identical and it doesn't need to download the WE one or due to crappy programming it gets confused and thinks it's finished, I deleted the PES demo and set the WE one to download again, won't be trying it until tomorrow. No videos on Singapore marketplace though.

I had that with the FIFA demo (after I downloaded it from Singapore). I had to delete the demo and clear the hard drive cache before it would let me download the second demo properly.

I forgot I still had the Singapore account! Yes, I probably will, now that you've reminded me...

i got this comment from WENB , it's a positive one

" Anonymous said...

Im not sure why but its a better game than pes2008.... maybe its becuz its slower.... no slow down etc but i feel the differences....very subtle differences but it made the game better.

I have been playing winning11 since the playstation era and the fact i bought ps3 is really to play pes/winning11...n like most of u....pes2008 is such a letdown.....having said that n having played the demo.... i would trade in my pes2008 n pay another premium for winning11.

Lastly from my exp. winning11 always has subtle differences from pes.... n its always better i gameplay.

Singapore

06 November 2007 15:01"

well something to smile about ! :)

It's just finished downloading now, giving it a bash... Will report back here in a bit.

EDIT: Front-end is the same (including music, which is a shock when you haven't heard it for a while, haha). From what I can see, and I might be missing something obvious but I don't think I am, you can't change the camera angle in the demo (which is obviously to hide the slowdown, either because Konami are being deceitful or because they're working on a patch for it). Game speed is the same, slowdown on cut-scenes is the same. Crowd are still pixelated. There is an extra difficulty as ThomasGOAL has already reported, "Super Star", but I'm not noticing any difference between Top Player and Super Star - perhaps it's another Master League only thing, who knows. I'm sure it must do something but honestly, I can't see any difference.

Most dissapointingly, goalkeepers are still the same, and can't catch basic shots.

I don't think it's any different from PES2008, personally. I certainly haven't noticed anything different in the gameplay myself.

Last edited:
thanks Jack. I Won't be re-activating my pre-order then and I won't bother downloading the demo.

Game speed is the same, slowdown on cut-scenes is the same. Crowd are still pixelated. There is an extra difficulty as ThomasGOAL has already reported, "Super Star", but I'm not noticing any difference between Top Player and Super Star - perhaps it's another Master League only thing, who knows.

Most dissapointingly, goalkeepers are still the same, and can't catch basic shots.

I don't think it's any different from PES2008, personally. I certainly haven't noticed anything different in the gameplay myself.

Stand by for a bunch of "wow, this is so much better than PES2008" posts.

It's just finished downloading now, giving it a bash... Will report back here in 5/10 mins.

EDIT: First impressions... Front-end is the same (including music, hahaha). From what I can see, and I might be missing something obvious but I don't think I am, you can't change the camera angle in the demo (which is obviously to hide the slowdown, either because Konami are being deceitful or because they're working on a patch for it). Game speed is the same, slowdown on cut-scenes is the same. Goalkeepers still can't hold onto basic shots. Crowd are still pixelated. There is an extra difficulty as ThomasGOAL has already reported, "Super Star", but I'm not noticing any difference between Top Player and Super Star - perhaps it's another Master League only thing, who knows.

I don't think it's any different from PES2008, personally. I certainly haven't noticed anything different in the gameplay.

Interesting review JB. You bring up an interesting point regarding NOKAMI hiding the slowdown with the lack of camera angles. It makes perfect sense to me now. Why else in the world would you remove this nice feature when it's been on there for years. Very suspicious...

How are the long balls? are they rocket-fast as the current version?

It's sad to hear that the GKs are still pathetic. This is the only reason I would have bought this version. I hope they improve them for the final version.

Just tried for you now mate, long balls appear the same. Another thing I forgot to mention is that the Japanese national team are now included in the demo. This is all on Xbox 360 by the way.

Oh, and when I said "camera angles", I wasn't referring to the 1-9 thing that's been taken out of PES2008, I was referring to normal, normal long, wide etc... I play the game on wide, I played PES2008 on wide when I rented it, but in this demo you can't change any camera settings at all - unless I'm missing something really obvious.

Are the camera settings in "system settings", when you press pause? Because the only things in there that aren't greyed out are controller settings, on-screen display settings, sound settings and screen adjustments - none of which have camera settings.

Sorry if anyone disagrees with my views by the way, this is just my personal opinion. I'm waiting for the "you're just saying it because you love FIFA" posts. If anyone wants to see that I'm playing it, the gamertag is Pibbledob (I had to make something up on the spur of the moment)...

Last edited:
Thanks JB. Shame, shame on the long balls...

One question. I was under the impression that we cannot play jap games on our 360. I've become so confused with all this region locks that I have no clue. Mind shedding some light on this for me o fearless leader?

;-)

PS3 is region-free, which is lovely and means you lot can play all the games you want from anywhere in the world (with PES, I've read it uses a peer-to-peer system rather than having it's own servers like FIFA has, which is great when you're playing US player v US player on a Japanese game because it allows you to play it without having to connect to Japan, but it's generally regarded as the worse way of doing things because it's more open to cheating, especially lag-cheating).

The 360 games are mostly region-locked, but it does have a few region-free games. Demos, up until a few weeks ago, were all region-free (and this Winning Eleven demo is region-free as well). So all you have to do is create an account for that region and you can download and play the demo.

That any help to you?

Last edited:
You're right Thomas, I've only noticed that now that you've said it; on Super Star the CPU might be a bit more aggressive.

And something else, the highlights at the end are improved - but quite strange. They've obviously tried to eliminate the slowdown and on far-away cameras, the replay is normal (i.e. no slowdown). But then if they use another replay angle and zoom in, and there's only one player, the replay runs way too fast - and if there's lots of players, the terrible slowdown comes back.

PS3 is region-free, which is lovely and means you lot can play all the games you want from anywhere in the world (with PES, I've read it uses a peer-to-peer system rather than having it's own servers like FIFA has, which is great when you're playing US player v US player on a Japanese game because it allows you to play it without having to connect to Japan, but it's generally regarded as the worse way of doing things because it's more open to cheating, especially lag-cheating).

The 360 games are mostly region-locked, but it does have a few region-free games. Demos, up until a few weeks ago, were all region-free (and this Winning Eleven demo is region-free as well). So all you have to do is create an account for that region and you can download and play the demo.

That any help to you?

Terrific! thanks a million. You are a plethora of knowledge my friend.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom