WE2008 Demo - Anyone tried it???

After a couple more matches I did feel it was slightly different.
My defenders didn't bunch up as much, and my side-backs seemed more aware of wingers, but it's basically the same.
The comparative smoothness though, makes the game a much better experience.
If money was no object I'd definitely buy it, but I can't justify buying essentially the same game twice.

Could it just be that it seems smoother because there is no commentary and stadium effects are off in the demo? Try doing that to PES and you'll see a marked improvement in frame rate also.

FWIW, there was no ability to change the camera in the 360 demo that had been out for weeks now, so I don't think it's due to any new Konami conspiracy. In fact, I don't think you could in last year's demo either.

Anyone notice if the sped-up deflections are in the Japanese version? That, even more than replay frame rate, is my biggest beef with PES.

It shouldn't be too surprising to find WE2008 runs smoother than PES2008 though. Even if they don't need to lock down a version of their core code early to accommodate localizing for various European languages, they still have 1 more month to fix a thing or two for WE2008.

ok i realy can confirm that the goalkeeper is indeed improved from pes2008,when i played with brasil the goal keeper(not DIDA) was great,he made 3 saves on a row...so the openent shot 3 times on the goal from the rebounds he saved them all:)

okay...my verdict....
game is slower, but not that much....
slowdowns -> in replays, on corner, ect...still there.....
japan in, turkey out (in the demo)....fells the same as PES2008!

I downloaded the PS3 demo, and my thoughts are exactly the same as Jack Bauer (specially now because he became a MOD :lmao:).

Talking seriously, the framerate on replays SUCKS like PES2008. The pace is the same, the passes are the same.... damn, I don't see a single thing improved or different, compared to PES2008. It is not slower, for Christ sake!!! It is the same speed!!!

PES2008 in PS3 is a good game, NOT an excellent one. Some people can enjoy it, some other will hate it. It is fine, it is how the world woks I guess.

My only hope is that this game can bring more options in the edit mode. The edit mode in PES2008 is a real shame (even worse thatn Besiktas yesterday :lmao:)

My only hope is that they fix the online lag for PS3. If they do before WE2008 is launched, I will keep my current copy since it's smooth already. The thing I liked about the demo is the GK. They seem more mistake free.

are the keepers really better or are people just really wanting them to be. this is the main thing for me coz pes2008 keepers spoil the game

are the keepers really better or are people just really wanting them to be. this is the main thing for me coz pes2008 keepers spoil the game
Honestly, it was the main thing for me as well, and the first two goals I scored were thanks to the goalkeeper pushing them in. On "Super Star".

Perhaps I was just unlucky, people will say I was, but that was enough for me.

since 1.92 there are some problems in terms of connectivity. Ill cross my fingers for a magical solution on network issues :)

Last edited:
cant define exactly what is it but i feel the demo more like ps2 oriented gameplay... :/

It is more ps2 oriented especially the passes now they feel more like pes 6 on ps2 ( which i like ) .... while the pes2008 passes often feels more like pes6 on the 360
And i also think corners are slower which helps prevent some random goals that felt impossible to defend from ... but i do think in som strange way that pes looks sharper even though both games are played in 720p

It is more ps2 oriented especially the passes now they feel more like pes 6 on ps2 ( which i like ) .... while the pes2008 passes often feels more like pes6 on the 360
And i also think corners are slower which helps prevent some random goals that felt impossible to defend from ... but i do think in som strange way that pes looks sharper even though both games are played in 720p

i noted that too ... :/

Back
Top Bottom