WE2007/PES6 + Vista + Dual Core = Slow

nickpma

Non-League
22 February 2006
I've finally gotten my good old pc back, with a Geforce 6600, 1GB, AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 3800+.

So I decided to install Vista Ultimate and then install Pes 6 / We 2007.
Ofcourse with the latest Nvidia drivers.

But Pes6/We 2007 runs terrible. It slows down lots of times.
I tried 3danalyzer, windowed mode, other drivers and the AMD dual core optimizer.

I then rememberd that under XP I had the same problem, but setting the affinity to 1 core made the difference. Under VISTA this doesn't do seem to make a difference.

Does anyone have other ideas? I'm beginning to like VISTA and all other games are working fine. Hope someone has a solution, I love pes!

/btw I am not using the kitserver

I've no idea TBH. I would try some mdoded drivers (Omega I believe should have nVidia drivers, www.omegadrivers.net).

Also, the usual fiddling with Vsync etc might work. Try all the resolutions available and see if one somehow is better.

The omega drivers aren't for Vista :(

Setting V-Sync on or off in Vista doesn't work...Vista overrides this. Besides, I don't think V-Sync is the problem here, but who knows!?

Trance_Allstar, the GeForce drivers on that site are from 2005 - I've still got a machine in this house that has similar problems to the ones mentioned by the thread starter, but if the drivers are that old, are they worth a try (the GeForce in the machine that is a waste of time is an 8 series card, which wasn't out when these Omega drivers were out)?

Back
Top Bottom