WE 10 v PES 6 What are the differences?

I have to agree with the 'pinball' comments, too many times in PES6 the ball seems to aimlessly ping around 30-40 yards from goal. They still need to do something about players standing around like lemons waiting for passes to come to them, its annoying pressing super cancel to deal with every pass. Selecting manual player switching should allow full manual player movement.

Will give PES6 some more time but at the moment I think I'll be dusting off WE10.

The goalkeepers are for the most part improved though (have still had one or two silly goals where the keeper has palmed a shot straight at him into the net).

Bing said:
They still need to do something about players standing around like lemons waiting for passes to come to them, its annoying pressing super cancel to deal with every pass. Selecting manual player switching should allow full manual player movement.
Thank God, I'm really not going mad.

1)about the shots, do the power bar go vv quickly... at we10 we need to tap the shot button vv quickly in order not to balloon the ball... has it changed in pes6?

2)in we10 when u take freekick in the tap-out method, after the player tap out, when u press shoot, the bar is almost uncontrollable, meaning it increases extremely fast...is it still the same in pes6?

3)fouls, still not really prefected in we10, i see some cases of clear cut foul(stuck out leg trips and unbalances the player) in the penalty box that were not given, sort of a more lenient refereeing in the box.. still the same in pes6?

BK_83 said:
1)about the shots, do the power bar go vv quickly... at we10 we need to tap the shot button vv quickly in order not to balloon the ball... has it changed in pes6?
Doesn't seem as quick to me, which is taking a little getting used to (I'm cutting an awful lot of grass with my shots atm :lol: )

BK_83 said:
2)in we10 when u take freekick in the tap-out method, after the player tap out, when u press shoot, the bar is almost uncontrollable, meaning it increases extremely fast...is it still the same in pes6?
Again not quite as quick.

BK_83 said:
3)fouls, still not really prefected in we10, i see some cases of clear cut foul(stuck out leg trips and unbalances the player) in the penalty box that were not given, sort of a more lenient refereeing in the box.. still the same in pes6?
The referees are harsher than in WE10, again particularly on sliding from behind or behind on either side. Presumably as they decided to lower the foul likelihood they've increased the punishment severity. The AI still gets away with the same fouls like pulling back etc that it always does though. So far the only foul I've seen in the box was given a penalty.

I have played we10 to death, and if like me you grew to hate the game because of it's 'keepers and defending the you will deffo prefer pes6. It doesn't feel like a very high speed of pinball anymore wit the keepers hands comparable to flippers. The defensive ai is also much improved, no more 3 defenders chasing 1 guy. I have only played 10 games on top class difficulty (won half) but can see it's better. Just don't expect a BIG improvement over we10.

Konami screwed it up.

1. Defenses give heaps more space to attackers
2. 3 passes and you're at the goal
3. Passes are too slow, lose momentum
4. Passes skip players and pass to players who are more often than not off screen and out of position to receive, breaks fluidity and nice passing moves are few and far between.
5. Players lack control, especially when turning.

all in all, it renders the game unplayable for me. I for one hope Konami reconsiders the awful tweaks that ruined gameplay in this version. What a dissapointment.

Where's the beautiful game??? Pinball at times, but that's ok if you could use some quick skill to bring the ball under control, you can't. U get it taken off you in tight situations where you can't even tap a quick pass to an open man...

what an utter dissapointment.

WE10JL has to improve on all this, otherwise it looks bleak for KCET.

well everyone has his opinion, I always liked winning eleven, but this time to be honest pes6 is better, its much more realistic more smoother, we10 is very fast like a pinball..lol I dont mean that in a bad way, looks like konami fixed the problems for we10 on pes6 I think j league we10 will be very smiliar to pes6 gameplay...but overall my friends and I think its very well done.:) cheers to knoami.

I opened the topic and finally I played the PES6 myself.
What i think is: It's almost the same game with WE 10.
The differences are :
-Headers are better (shoot and pass)
-Most of the players are slower.But some fast paceful players with agility they seem that they remain the same.(Henry,Sheva etc)
-Tackling is harder but some good defensive players like Rio Ferdinand,Cordoba,Nesta etc They win the tackle almost everytime.
-Better passing distribution.
-No new balls in WE-SHOP
-No 6 stars
-No new skills or moves

It is a huge improvement for PES 5 players but not for WE 10 players.Except those above.

played we10 and pes6... i love kabira-san, i hate this english commentary! i don't think it will ever change.

i've noticed playing with different balls results in different play. Try this - reebok heavier, adidas lighter - more fluent. My passing game differs with each. playing with the lighter adidas helps in the passing game being more fluent.

Keepers are good, but still prone to the odd mistake. Loving the one hand saves, and catching the ball.

Reactions of keepers are excellent too. Was playing with Marseille last night and the keeper pulled out a super triple save to deny the player. one shot straight at him, he parried it, then another striker comes in from right, low and fast shot, keeper one hand saves it again, then winger crosses, another header, and keeper tips it over. I had to pause the game and applaud! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom