WE 10 v PES 6 What are the differences?

zortex

League 2
13 August 2003
What will be the differences between PES 6 and WE 10?
Did you "WE10-guys" experienced PES 6 gameplay? How is it?

I have always been by the winning eleven side.But now I'm considering to buy PES6 for its online play.

Main difference I feel is that it's slower. Overall the whole thing is s l o w e r.

That includes passes (many passes don't travel as fast as they did) and overall players and the ball seem a bit heavier kinda.

Reading it might not sound good but overall having played a decent amount of hours, I won't be going back to WE10.

PES6 is a better game for me. It allows you to build up your attacks more because you're no longer under pressure to quickly pass ALL the time like a pin-ball fast-paced sorta game.

It kinda has a WE J-league feel to it in some ways in my opinion.

man, i've been reading so many negative posts. That post makes me feel better about preordering the game. I'm a pro evo veteran mind you, been active since the ISS pro days in 97.

Only WE8 and Pro Evo 2 have been disapointing. The best game was WE6FE followed by JL WE9 for me, so you can tel that I enjoy the balanced gameplay over stats, rosters bla bla like some of the kiddies here. Here's hoping it has a realistic football feeling about it..

Listen man.. don't listen to the positive OR negative posts on any of these forums in my opinion.

This is why I myself don't read too many of these opinions/reviews of new pes/we games when they come out (sometimes I glance over a few) nor pay much attention to it.

Cuz every single PES/WE game that comes out whether I enjoy it or not, I always read about some people who are moaning about speed being too fast or too slow. Tricks being too easy or hard to pull off. Long-shots being too difficult or too easy to score.. etc. etc.

It never ends. Time and time again I've played the new version of a PES/WE game and felt everything about the gameplay was slightly better (From controls to speed to smoothness to long-shots to goalies, to refs, etc. etc.) yet come on these forums and read some posts that were saying it's worst or making it sound negative when it really wasn't...

It's best to just get the game and play it yourself and see what you think.

I personally myself think the game is better than WE10 and will be sticking to it.

Last edited:
See, because I haven't got, i read over posts on company time :-)

I always play though and judge for myself. I enjoy 2vs comp on WE10 although some bugs piss me right off (referee for one, superhuman comp passing another etc.) and if it plas beter than that, then it's owrth 89 aussie bucks.

Even though I'll be editing my beloved Croatia to resemble the team that demolished England, not the one that drew to these damn Aussies ;)

Yeah no Bundesliga sadly. :(

But we expected that as news of it was out awhile ago so I'm kinda already over the disappointment.

Bayern is in the 'others' team section though and there is also a league with 18 editable teams so people can make Bundesliga or whatever other league/teams they want.

theCRO said:
I understand.

It's natural to read about people's reviews/opinions when one doesn't have the game themselves yet.

I was just trying to say in my opinion, don't ever read too much into those posts. Have a quick look over it maybe but don't read it with too much attention if you know what I mean. ;)

Loved WE10, played it to death but dont like PES6 so much. Why? it feels more frustrating and annoying than WE10.

DJ

theCRO said:

I always play though and judge for myself. I enjoy 2vs comp on WE10 although some bugs piss me right off (referee for one, superhuman comp passing another etc.) and if it plas beter than that, then it's owrth 89 aussie bucks.

Even though I'll be editing my beloved Croatia to resemble the team that demolished England, not the one that drew to these damn Aussies ;)

Lol that game was a shocker, I'm an aussie and that was the worst game I think I watched Australia play in the World Cup, though i thought we did pretty well to get a draw i think. The umpiring wasn't to crash hot either.

I personally prefer WE10 the gameplay on PES 6 just seems different the ball bounces around of players unrealistically and the most annoying thing is the fact that it is just soooooooooooooo easy to score.
Just cross the ball and you are guarenteed at least 5 goals a game, as attackers win the headers far too often.

The keepers are better than WE10 just, but overall the general feel of the game is really poor compared to WE.

If you dont mind hammering the computer 7-0 every game then this is the game for you, but if you want a challenge then stick with WE.

For me, none of WE10 or PES6 can be compared with WE9JL, I'll continue to play this one waiting for WE10JL ;)
Of course PES6 is, for me, a little bit more 'realistic' if look at what was WE10, but nothing compared to WE9JL, I think konami is going to a wrong way with those two last opus, I mean, it's way to easy to score (the same feeling than when PES4 was out).We (me nd my mates) feels like playing ping-pong.
Waiting for WE10JL,
definitively.

Last edited:
I really hate my friends unconsciously pressing to X+SQUARE+R1 and every player are making pressure furiously like real life Gattuso.
You pass 1-2-3 but than you lose the ball somewhere somehow.
Even the forwards they run like crazy and don't let you to breath.
There must be a cost for pressuring in hi-tempo.It's the most foolish thing in these games.
In real life, a hi-tempo pressure last only 20-25 mins.But in the game players don't get tired.And always run,run,run.
It should be more economic for R1 button usage.
Plus, what I hate another thing is: Everyone is playing a very risky 4-3-3 with an only 1 DM but they don't seem to suffer somehow.You play with 4-5 strong midfielders but your opponent have only deco,ronalinho and only marquez at the back of midfield but you can't still dominate the midfield easily.
I dream about an intteligent game like this.If you are a good player,with a good tactic and well balanced passing team.You can beat Barcelona,Chelsea or another giant with a modest team.But these games don't allow you to do it.
Thank for your posts.

...Pes 6 is better than WE10...The gameplay is slower (I think it is more realistic...) but there are no more freezing when you score or when the refree whistle...The animations are better , Lobs shoots are better (in WE10 lobs were or too short or too strong..), 1-2 pass and movement are better, goalkeeper is better, head shoots and its animations are better, difficulty growed...the more I play it and the more I see things have been improved...Who plays PES 6 few times says that the only thing changed is the gameplay speed, but it is not true...Everything has been improved...I LOVE PES 6

PLF said:
Listen man.. don't listen to the positive OR negative posts on any of these forums in my opinion.

This is why I myself don't read too many of these opinions/reviews of new pes/we games when they come out (sometimes I glance over a few) nor pay much attention to it.

Cuz every single PES/WE game that comes out whether I enjoy it or not, I always read about some people who are moaning about speed being too fast or too slow. Tricks being too easy or hard to pull off. Long-shots being too difficult or too easy to score.. etc. etc.

It never ends. Time and time again I've played the new version of a PES/WE game and felt everything about the gameplay was slightly better (From controls to speed to smoothness to long-shots to goalies, to refs, etc. etc.) yet come on these forums and read some posts that were saying it's worst or making it sound negative when it really wasn't...

It's best to just get the game and play it yourself and see what you think.

I personally myself think the game is better than WE10 and will be sticking to it.
i agree with PLF on every point. there is more build to the attack... I wont be going back to WE10 once there are options files available for PES6

theCRO said:
how many stars do you play on bsmaff?
There are no stars on PES 6, but since you asked I play on top player which is the most difficult setting.
I play 3-2-5 and have just had my biggest win of 14-2.
The game is a joke and far too easy.

djdoc360 said:
Loved WE10, played it to death but dont like PES6 so much. Why? it feels more frustrating and annoying than WE10.

DJ
That pretty much sums it up for me too. I'd prefer WE10(minus the bad keepers) over PES6 anyday.

bsmaff said:
There are no stars on PES 6, but since you asked I play on top player which is the most difficult setting.
bullshit

as positive (+): I press to the goalkeeper if goalkeeper has the ball on hands. a little more realistic footballplayer moves .
as negative (-): More slow game than we10.

Yeah GK's in PES6 from matches I've played tend to be solid, intelligent and less prone to conceding goals from shots that come from 'narrow' angles and doing stupid things in general compared to WE10 it seems.

So that's another + for PES6 compared to WE10 in my book.

bsmaff said:

Then you must be willing to donate me your copy of PES6, for free of course, since you feel that the game's a joke ;) I can PM you my adress, if you want!

Teacher said:
Then you must be willing to donate me your copy of PES6, for free of course, since you feel that the game's a joke ;) I can PM you my adress, if you want!
Would mate but already done a 10 day at game.
Just going to wait for WE10 J League.

Fitiello said:
...Pes 6 is better than WE10...The gameplay is slower (I think it is more realistic...) but there are no more freezing when you score or when the refree whistle...The animations are better , Lobs shoots are better (in WE10 lobs were or too short or too strong..), 1-2 pass and movement are better, goalkeeper is better, head shoots and its animations are better, difficulty growed...the more I play it and the more I see things have been improved...Who plays PES 6 few times says that the only thing changed is the gameplay speed, but it is not true...Everything has been improved...I LOVE PES 6

YES.. i have to agree with you there. I loved WE10.. but what ruined it was the stilly stutter bug which totally ruined the momentum of the game for me.

The BIG TIP: make sure u play PES6 at the 60hz(ntsc)... and not the 50hz(pal). Ive noticed this makes a huge difference to the speed of and smoothness of play. At 60hz, its great.. slower paced, n much smoother.. the one touch shooting etc, is incredibley smooth..

with 50hz, it feels and looks like a totally different game... and thats why i think some people have hated it.. looks all outta wack.. almost kinda jerky in the speed of the game..

btw, Ive always been just a WINNING ELEVEN fan since often the PES VERSION has always been amazingly fked up with an arcadish feel... but this game, PES6, is simply what WINNING ELEVEN 10 SHOULD HAVE BEEN :)
Subtle, but very noticable improvements... :)

oh.. another thing.. for me PES6 has smoother animation with Free Kicks at goal, ie. less slowdown (sometimes noticable at certain stadiums). Also the shots on goal, eg. volleys and first time shots, side footers etc, seem to be ironed out even further.. so much smoother (more realistic than any other version).. went into practice mode n just played around, its very evident that the whole 'pass run pass shoot at goal' etc has been improved even further :)

Back
Top Bottom