Uncharted: Drakes Fortune PS3

no joke guy get this game

worth every penny......... best game out on the ps3....... even better than pro which i havent touched for nearly a week, and that aint normal for me lol

defo 9/10 score for this game/film experience

This is getting rave reviews from the most important people (not mags, players on all the forums) and as I loved the demo, I'm up to ASDA later to pick this up!!

Looking forward to it :)

Well, after finishing the game I must say that it is pretty boring. I was expecting a better story, some adventure elements in it... it's simply a shooter disguised with catchy main characters. The story of the game goes to the toilet after some time in it, really I was very disappointed towards the end of the game.

It's plagued with stupid level design, for example you solve a puzzle and unlock a secret passage. You enter the passage, and the torches are lit (wtf! I'm the first one to walk that corridor in about 300 years!!!). And the worst of all, there's always enemies, waves of them, in the most stupid places. To me towards the end this game is like doom III: nice graphics and technology, boring gameplay at the end. They sohuld have stressed more in the puzzles and adventure elements. It starts as a brilliant film, with solid characters (even if they are some cliché) and nice dialogs, with good premises and a nice setting. But all of that is thrown away later on. There are tons of inconsistencies in the story. The enemies you fight at the end and the final locations are simply ridiculous in its own context.

There's also that stupid sense of "difficulty arch" through the game, and they like to put that in games nowadays, that is quite irritating because it's only a cheap way to develop AI. So, at the beggining of the game, a headshot is an instant kill. At the end, you can almost empty a clip in the head of your enemies and maybe they are still alive (I play on hard, by the way).

To me, this game has next-gen technology and the same poor decisions as any hollywood movie for the masses regarding gameplay and script. Really, it feels a bit rushed, mainly because platform and puzzles can totally be ignored in this game and feel off.

Absolute linearity is a must in this game, I would have like maybe a different approach, and having the chance to explore maps on my own (after playing Crysis, the rest of games seem limited in comparison).

Graphics: 9
Story: Begins with a 9 and ends with a 5
Gameplay: 6-7
Sound: 9

Conclusion: big production value, the game goes down and down the more you advance. It evolves from an Indiana Jones adventure to a shooter unnecessarily.

Wow, after reading that personal review, he makes the game sound horrible. Though your ratings show otherwise to some extent, I saw mostly negative.

The game couldn't have been that bad?

Going along the lines of stereotypical movies, which the game strives to go along with, it seems like it does exactly what it set out to do, at least that's what I got from all the magazine reviews.

I will give the game a rent and decide from there...

Well, the game is very well done technically, I wanted to put this clear. And if you want action you'll have plenty. The point I was making is that the game begins to bend towards mediocrity in a very unexpected way. The more you advance, the more the game goes away from what you wanted it to be. That is my personal opinion, of course. I would have liked an Indiana Jones game all the time, with some clever and surprising puzzles, coherent action and tons of humor and clever plot twists. Towards the end of the game, say goodbye to all this.

Bought this game about a week ago and it is a great buy!

After finally having the chance to play this game on a big screen HD television, you really get to see the graphics and motion of the game at its true character.

The gameplay has very smooth transitions and keeps you engrossed. The aiming mechanics are easy to learn and the overall combat experience plays well seeing as the game gets tougher as your progress. Specifically, the enemies corner you a lot more, flank, take cover faster, stay in cover and try to weed you out by throwing grenades.

The puzzles are not that tough, but, the game was obviously not meant to be a big puzzle game due to the general flow of the game.

I am only about 40% into the game... so far, so good!

Hey guys,

I'm stuck on this part of the level where there is 4 statues and in the center of it is a north, east, south & west compass. Does anyone know how i should turn these statues?

I've looked at the book (select button), but i still don't get it

Last edited:
I played at a friend's house, very pretty, nice flow some good combination of platform and shooters, catchy characters. Nothing new really I mean they abuse of all the always good cliche' hollywood stories and put in some good ideas from other games but all together it is a good product.

I wouldn't spend 70 euros on this one though, i think renting it for the week end is the best thing. It can be done in 8-10 hours, it has no cooperative mode and no on line, yes they put some stuff in so you can give it a second go but still renting it over two week ends make you save 50 euros for sure. or maybe be buy it second hand (or trade in your stinky pes 2008)

At the end it feels in between Indiana Jones and MAgnum P.I. which i both love!!!

Hey guys,

I'm stuck on this part of the level where there is 4 statues and in the center of it is a north, east, south & west compass. Does anyone know how i should turn these statues?

I've looked at the book (select button), but i still don't get it

You had to have figured it by now but the north statue faces north, the west faces west, the east faces north and the north faces east.

PS. I don't like the twist nearing towards the end. -sigh
I hate playing those kinds of games. BUT, the overall game is still good, I am just a wuss sometimes I guess.

Last edited:
Great game! Anyone with a PS3 needs to experience it. Just finished the game. It was a good action adventure game. The complete experience ranked at about an 8/10 for me.

I'll be getting in on the 7th of January.

I got the game yesterday and its excellent. I'm gonna hold off from it now until my new TV comes then I'll continue playing it in all its high def glory.

Just bought this last week for the first time in anticipation of this trophy update. Im going to start today as I have heard nothing but great things for this title. :)

Same here BillyBoy, I bought this a little while ago then the news came out about trophy support so held off playing it until then. Can't wait now :D

Brilliant game. Great graphics. I have three trophies at the moment:

First Treasure
10 Headshots
Steel Fists

I think I might be the only person who can't be arsed doing the story again to get the trophies.

It just seems like a pointless waste of time to me.

That platinum trophy is going to be a real arse to get as well - do the in game cheats affect the trophies?

Back
Top Bottom