UEFA Champions League Round 2 - General Chit-Chat

lol @ the amount of people who thought that shite would beat barcelona

retard - anything is possible with Celtic. Look at the quality in our squad, ok - the quality of our GK, Midfield and Attack, and look at the amount of luck we've had this yr in the CL.

I tell you something - anything is possible with Celtic.

I hope it will be Barça 0-2 Celtic... :P

Scandalous!
Helton just "saved" a shot meters (for our English friends: That's a feckin lot!) outside his box with his hands.
What the F ref, what the F ...

crystal clear red card and free kick, that ball would've went in a 100% ...
ridiculous ...

retard - anything is possible with Celtic. Look at the quality in our squad, ok - the quality of our GK, Midfield and Attack, and look at the amount of luck we've had this yr in the CL.

I tell you something - anything is possible with Celtic.

I hope it will be Barça 0-2 Celtic... :P

:LOL: Can I have whatever you are smoking mate? :w00t:

Real Madrid 1 AS Roma 2

FANTASTIC performance by the Italians, they were tactically SUPERB whilst Real looked clueless at times. Once again woeful defending let them down and they weren't too hot in attack either. One last thought, Vucinic is SPECIAL. He is such a good player.

Congrats Roma - FANTASTIC performance & result. :applause: :)

Second-half of Extra Time mate. I am watching it now, Schalke only have 10 men and Queresma just missed a one-on-one with the Keeper.

Quaresma is a very, very poor man's Ronaldo! Ridiculously overrated IMO!

Come on Schalke!

OMG that Schalke (Neuer?)keeper must have made the game of his life.
we were crap the penalty shootout though.

Second-half of Extra Time mate. I am watching it now, Schalke only have 10 men and Queresma just missed a one-on-one with the Keeper.
?!
Porto played for over 40 mins with 10 men. Schalke had 11 the entire game.

anyways congrats Schalke.

:(

Last edited:
Sorry Revan, I caught the game very late.

Unlucky Porto - you're my favourite Portugese club. Sad to see you go out. :(

Schalke's GK was brilliant though! He is only young, I reckon he'll be a WORLD CLASS 'Keeper in time. :)

all average keepers played above their level this week. yesterday it as volkan and tonight it was manuel neuer. neuer is only average in my opinion and i doubt if he ever will be world class.

all average keepers played above their level this week. yesterday it as volkan and tonight it was manuel neuer. neuer is only average in my opinion and i doubt if he ever will be world class.

only in the penalties. he give two goals to sevilla :LOL:. But Neuer my god what a night with impossible saves.

ffs.
Of all things...
We had a good team this year to go far ahead in the competition and we had no luck in the entire game.

Plan M, can't blame you, people who only started to watch the game after Fucille's been sent would have never guessed it looking at how Porto dominated the match from start to finish.

The football season is pretty much over for me.
The portuguese league title has been already handed over to Porto and the Cup doesn't interest me that much.

ffs, i'm gonna watch some Lost or sumtin.

Watched Milan-Arsenal and Real Madrid-AS Roma.

First of all, i discovered a new player that i like immensely: Aquilani...his shot on the post could have been the goal of the year.

Second: Arsenal are a joy to watch and Cesc Fabregas is the best player in the world...what vision, what a drive, what a passing, he has it all... fantastic player and nice guy on top of it all...

Plan M: Celtic is one of the best home teams in the world...i think they could easily beat Man Utd in Celtic Park (but they would certainly loose at Old Trafford). Considering the budget of both teams, Celtic are over-achievers and Man Utd underachievers in Europe...I remember the way Man Utd fans were talking about Henrik Larsson a couple of years ago...never seeing that he was one of the best forwards in the world (i think Arsenal fans will remember him well after his performance in the CL Final). And then he played a couple of months for ManU and suddenly he became a fantastic players...it's good to be a fan, it's not good to be fanatic...

Last edited:
Aquilani is a brilliant player! He has a great future in front of him.

Not sure about Fabregas. Fabregas is brilliant I agree, but he has been hot and cold. But performed in the big match!

Last edited:
Plan M: Celtic is one of the best home teams in the world...i think they could easily beat Man Utd in Celtic Park (but they would certainly loose at Old Trafford). Considering the budget of both teams, Celtic are over-achievers and Man Utd underachievers in Europe...I remember the way Man Utd fans were talking about Henrik Larsson a couple of years ago...never seeing that he was one of the best forwards in the world (i think Arsenal fans will remember him well after his performance in the CL Final). And then he played a couple of months for ManU and suddenly he became a fantastic players...it's good to be a fan, it's not good to be fanatic...

Good points Gerd, I just think there is a lot of hot air blowing about Celtic. They are one of the poorest away teams in Europe I know - so what if they're good at home? You have to pick points up away and Celtic simply can't do this. I think many people feel sorry for Celtic because they were once a fantastic team in the Jock Stein era but like you say, money came into football and played a huge part in the decline of Scottish football.

My point earlier was that Celticfan1234567 was on his high horse saying "Anything is possible with Celtic blah blah blah" obviously not taking into account that, in all seriousness, anything ISN'T possible at Celtic whilst they have a squad of mediocre players.

It's like there are three clubs that are not allowed to be slated on Evo-Web and one of them is Celtic (Milan & Juventus are the other two.) But other clubs like Inter, Rangers, Chelsea & Fenerbache to name a few, are constantly bashed left, right & centre.

Celtic could get knocked out of Europe EVERY season and I will NEVER shed a tear. :)

Last edited:
Plan M, i agree with you that some clubs like Inter and Chelsea are constantly bashed. Fener is constantly bashed because of the silly rumours about their transfers (and because it seems that a lot of our Turkish friends on this forum are so chauvinistic...).
About Celtic: i love them and i will always (irrationaly) defend them...to me the passion of the Celtic fans and players (even if they are not world class players) IS football...much more than the overhyped Liverpool Kop...
I'm gonna say something very irrationaly: Celtic alone has more soul, is more rock and roll than the twenty premiership clubs together. Man Utd used to have soul and rock and roll, now it's football's equivalent to TOTO and Bon Jovi...i still admire a player like Giggs (one of my all time heroes)but the institute Man Utd is becoming big artificial bullshit...and this from a former fan (oh and i'm sorry if i offend some real Man Utd fans, i respect your opinion about that club, but please respect mine too, thank you).
And yes Man Utd has a good chance to win this year's CL, but i won't change my opinion (which has changed theyear after the treble).

I will support Schalke this year, another club with tons of soul...but i would be equally happy if Arsenal would win...

Back
Top Bottom