UEFA Champions League Round 2 - General Chit-Chat

PetrovLFC

Raul!
13 March 2005
NW London
Liverpool
A thread to discuss all the games tonight.

Pool, Chelsea, Madrid and Porto/Schalke will all be happy after tonight's action.

Next up: (mouth watering)

Arsenal v AC Milan
Lyon v Manchester United
Celtic v Barcelona
Fenerbache v Sevilla

Arsenal 1-2 AC Milan
Lyon 0-2 Manchester United
Celtic 1-2 Barcelona
Fenerbache 1-0 Sevilla

Last edited:
Arsenal v AC Milan 2-1
Lyon v Manchester United 1-3
Celtic v Barcelona 1-1
Fenerbache v Sevilla 2-1

Expect Arsenal and AC Milan to be a very good game, but Arsenal will win, but Milan will get the away goal. I expect United to win easily at Lyon, looking at their defense. Celtic will try very hard , but only get a draw against Barcelona. Fenerbahce will win against Sevilla, but eventually Sevilla will thrash them in the away leg.

And for those who don't know, Liverpool 2-0 Inter Milan \\:o/

Lyon play very poor actually (OM and Bordeaux play much better in 2008), terrible defense (no Cris), midfield ot like before, i think Manchester United, but it's Champions League and Benzema have something do to.

another prediction thread?

predictions, banter, opinions.

Think United will come away with at least 1 away goal. I'd be happy to be wrong though :D
Arsenal I think will get a comftable victory.
Sevilla to nick an away goal in Turkey.
Celtic to get a goal to take to the Nou Camp.

i think sevilla will win because their scoring ability is much higher than fenerbahce's. both teams' defence is only average in my opinion so it can be very funny tonight.

i think sevilla will win because their scoring ability is much higher than fenerbahce's. both teams' defence is only average in my opinion so it can be very funny tonight.

hehe yes it is very funny Liverpool :8 8JK:0

i think,

Arsenal 2-0 AC Milan
Lyon 1-2 Manchester United
Celtic 0-2 Barcelona
Fenerbache 1-0 Sevilla

that game could go either way Bule, but I don't think Sevilla will be distraught with that result!

United got the crucial away goal and will surely be favourites. Milan were solid as expected, a very good attempt by Arsenal however. Milan to go through.

Brilliant effort by Celtic but that 3rd goal really swung the balance to Barca.

i said it before, the defence of both teams is very weak and it was clearly to see tonight but fener took advantage of it. now we will see how sevilla will answer in 2 weeks. dont forget that a 3:2 is much better for sevilla than 1:0.

Celtic played with great spirit, and put in a lot of effort, but Barcelona's quality eventually shone though. Can't see Celtic getting much at the Nou Camp. Barca to go through.

Didn't watch Fener-Sevilla, but I fancy Sevilla, with the 2 away goals, plus they are very, very strong at home.

Lyon didn't take home advantage, and that might cost them. United should have gone for a win, but with the away goal, I can see them beating Lyon at OT and going through.

Again, Arsenal didn't take home advantage, but Milan haven't been great at home this season. But can't see Arsenal winning there. Maybe a goal draw will see them through, but I am expecting Milan to beat them to reach the QFs.

Talking about yesterday, yet again Rafa did his bit of black magic and the opposing team (Inter) didn't turn up, just like Juve, Chelsea, Barca etc. Chelsea got the draw, but a goalless draw, so perhaps Olympiakos can spring up a surprise. But I still would put my money on Chelsea to win, and go through. Roma played really well, and they have enough quality to get a draw, or even win at the Bernabeu. Could go to extra time or penalties. Schalke got a nice 1-0 win, and I fancy them to get a draw at Porto, and go through.

This is how I see it now

Liverpool
Chelsea
Schalke
Roma/Madrid (can go either way)
Man United
AC Milan
Sevilla
Barcelona

Last edited:
Yep, can't disagree with those 8.

Barca where the way better team, although they didn't pepper our goal with as many shots as I thought they would, however there passing and movement where way too good for us.

However the goals we lost where shocking, whilst we had to work for our goals, we gave away the 3 goals to Barca.

Can have no complaints about the result.

FD

Anything is possible at Celtic Park. Be honest they gave it a good go didn't they?

I'm worried that if Barca pick up their form in the league and click in to gear, I don't think there are many teams that can live with them!

Well, they'll get Eto'o back, and Ronaldinho has time to find fitness and form, he seemed to be making more runs forward with the ball last night, like he used to, which is a bad sign for any future opposition.

I was relieved with our result, and happy with the performance on the whole, but we have to really go for it at OT just to be sure of getting through, I think a nice 7-1 would go down well again....:P

Liverpool are through, no doubts there, Inter will not win 3-0, even at home. Dunno what it is about Liverpool in Europe, but I wouldn't be surprised if you beat them at their place as well just to really rub it in.

Chelsea are most likely through, but probably only a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge, and I'd say Arsenal are probably out, but it'll be tight in Milan.

that game could go either way Bule, but I don't think Sevilla will be distraught with that result!

You're right mate but Fenerbahçe is not a piece of cake as everybody thinks. Fenerbahçe made silly mistakes in deffence yesterday and Edu scored own goal in that match. But, everything will be different in Spain, Sevilla will attack and Fenerbahçe will deffence. But they're great in counter attacks especially Kezman and Ugur Boral. And belive me, If Fenerbahçe plays in that system, they can beat every team in Europe.

lol @ the amount of people who thought that shite would beat barcelona

At least viewers got to see who actually played in goal against us, unlike the Rangers games.

We'll see if others like Deco comment on the difference in OF teams.

We're playing possibly the best team in the world and you lot where playing against Panathinaikos...........nuff said.

FD

You're right mate but Fenerbahçe is not a piece of cake as everybody thinks. Fenerbahçe made silly mistakes in deffence yesterday and Edu scored own goal in that match. But, everything will be different in Spain, Sevilla will attack and Fenerbahçe will deffence. But they're great in counter attacks especially Kezman and Ugur Boral. And belive me, If Fenerbahçe plays in that system, they can beat every team in Europe.

every team?

Back
Top Bottom