UEFA Champions League Discussion

Barca only fielding (What i think) 2 players that will start on Tuesday which means there wont be much fatigue problems for them

I think Man Utd will beat Barca tonight, but I hope Barca win.

I think I'll die of boredom watching Man U vs Chelsea or Liverpool (probably Chelsea).

FD

LOL...a Liverpool fan who thinks Barcelona is boring...this is funny.

Exactly what I thought mate! :lol:

One of my friend's went to his doctor last week because he has been having real problems trying to sleep in the nights so he was prescribed the highlights of Liverpool's season 2007-08.

He has slept like a baby since.

Last edited:
Coingratulations for a thoroughly deserved win from Man Utd, splendid football, i saw a couple of great combinations and great that Scholes scored the winner....

But what a player that Messi is...Barcelona need a decent forward, Eto'o is a shadow of is former self...

I hope Barca win.

DROWN your sorrows then mate! :lol:

Gerd - I agree, Messi was/is a superb player. Everytime he got the ball I couldn't watch. But...

WE ARE GOING TO MOSCOW!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to man utd, they defended well. What a shame they got that lucky (on my opinion) goal, with a very bad pass from zambrotta and that long shot that went in as it could have gone to the corner. But at the end barcelona missed a real striker to make differences at the finishing and though I think we were the superior team in both matches (even if slightly superior) and lacked a bit of luck. Now I hope to see a very good match in the final.

PS: We need benzema or something similar up front. And another agressive midfielder as Deco, who I think was MOTM alongside Tevez.

Exactly what I thought mate! :lol:

One of my friend's went to his doctor last week because he has been having real problems trying to sleep in the nights so he was prescribed the highlights of Liverpool's season 2007-08.

He has slept like a baby since.

Poor even for your standards.

Which English side has scored the most goals in all competitions this season?:BY:

Personally I think its boring to see a team complete 100& of their passes and still not score.

drekkard. What's lucky with Scholes strike? He has scored dozens like that in his career.

I especially loved the piledrivers in the old days, those packed quite a punch. (I miss that Scholes)

drekkard. What's lucky with Scholes strike? He has scored dozens like that in his career.

I especially loved the piledrivers in the old days, those packed quite a punch. (I miss that Scholes)

In my opinion he simply punches the ball ahead, not aiming for it at all, and he gets the luck. I know Scholes have a terrible shoot technique from long range, but in the replay you see he simply punches the ball ahead and he gets lucky with the curling of the ball. It was an awesome goal, don't misunderstand me. Simply that only 1 out of every 10 shots like this one go in and he was lucky.

Having said that, I agree about Xavi. I HATE Xavi. He's the kind of player that doesn't add a thing to the team. A lot of soft neutral passing. Deco for me all the time. He ruled the midfield all the time.

In my opinion he simply punches the ball ahead, not aiming for it at all, and he gets the luck. I know Scholes have a terrible shoot technique from long range, but in the replay you see he simply punches the ball ahead and he gets lucky with the curling of the ball. It was an awesome goal, don't misunderstand me. Simply that only 1 out of every 10 shots like this one go in and he was lucky.

Having said that, I agree about Xavi. I HATE Xavi. He's the kind of player that doesn't add a thing to the team. A lot of soft neutral passing. Deco for me all the time. He ruled the midfield all the time.

Are you seeing the same football matches as the rest of us, Scholes' goal was far from a lucky one...you are a bad looser.

And Xavi to me is one the all-time greats of Barcelona and i should know i watched barcelona when Cruijff, Neeskens, Rexach, Sottil and Migueli were in the first team...there is a saying in Catalunya that Xavi came in the first team 10 years ago and never lost the ball since then...that says it all...But i do agree that Xavi did not have his best match yesterday, maybe that was because Man Utd played superbly...

Fans always tend to think that their team played bad when they lost and not that the other team was great, saturday the Man Utd fans and now Barcelona...

Well done to United, thoroughly deserved. United have been one of the underachievers in Europe, but finally managed to reach a final.

Looks set for an all English final

I HATE Xavi. He's the kind of player that doesn't add a thing to the team.

:BLINK::BLINK::BLINK:

however they weren't that bad during the 2 matches.... i mean it's still a step foward, compared to their last liga performances....

trouble is they faced a hell of a team, like man utd.... but afterall, once u reach the semi finals, u have to expect to face a hell of a team in any case.

Xavi doesn't add anytinhg..........LOL. I'll give you his form is nowhere near as it has been, but say that for 90% of the team.

Well we all see it differenly I see.

I thought Barca where the far better team on both occassions, Messi was simply magnificent (although his final ball was poor), however as mentioned Eto'o looks like his form has went partying with Ronaldinho. Deco for me, I just don't rate him, he had a first 1 or 2 good seasons at Barca, but I don't think he's all that great. Zambrotta at full-back is a joke, great for Italy, great for Juventus, but the guy is mince in a Barca strip.

Scholes goal was a scorcher, and was certainly no fluke, yeah he wasn't aiming at the spot but whilst I think he's a shadown of his old self he's been a fabulous player.

FD

Drekkard you are off your head my friend. Xavi is a fantastic player.

There's no point in blaming the Barcelona players. Individually they are all world class.

Xavi doesn't add anything? Really?

Xavi is one of the few players out there, who can actually define the beautiful game. 'Beautiful' football isn't about pretty little flicks, or 1-2s or rabonas, it's about vision and craft, the ability to play football as if you are watching from a bird's eye view. Xavi, Alonso, Pirlo, Riquelme, Kaka, Del Piero, Scholes - these are the true artists.

The problem with Eto is simple. He doesn't want to play anymore. He doesn't have the motivation. Same with Deco. No idea how anyone can call Zambrotta a joke. He's been the best full back in the world for the last 10 years with Cafu, Zanetti and Sagnol. You can't expect him to do half as well, when you don't have anyone covering for him when he attacks.

The real culprit is very obvious, the manager. Rijkaard has officially lost the plot. He's a poor man manager, and a poor tactician. Sure he got Barcelona to play pretty little triangles, when he bought Ronaldinho, Eto, Deco, Guily, and they were all in their prime. Now however, they look like a lost team. He's been unable to sustain success, and has got to go (and it will be funny if he ends up at Chelsea).

Well, I'va watched every damn barcelona match in the last 5 years and I know what I'm talking about. Barcelona played great two seasons ago when Van Bommel and Marquez played in the midfield, and Deco in great shape. Xavi alone is unable to lead the team, totally incapable of pressing the opposition and he never sacrifices himself for the team, he just never runs or never tackle, I think it's about 2 years since his last sliding tackle.

Then, you can tell he's a great baller, and indeed he is, but he abuses of short secure passes and almost never manages to put good through balls, try one on one or do tactical runs.

I know the rest of the team is grey right now, we lack a lot of things, but really there's no point in present football to have a player that doesn't know how to defend and doesn't add to the attack what he could. all those who were criticizing barcelona some posts ago for being all style and no substance... well, that is the definition of Xavi. Deco, in the other hand, is actually who fights, who presses, who scares opponents, who manage to recover the ball in the own area and shoot in the other end. Even in his worst shape, Deco is a hell of a complete player.

And I'm not a bad loser, I don't understand why you say that, I said Congrats to man utd and I thought we were slightly superior in overall except in the definition. And about the Paul Scholes goal, I've said before it's a damn beautiful goal, but if you play football you know these shots you simply blast the ball and if you are lucky it goes in, but it could have gone to the middle.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Champion teams are always teams with a bit more of luck than its opponent.

Gerd: I live in Barcelona, I played barcelona when I was young, I go to the stadium every match. I also watched Cruyff playing here, and maybe you should know what most of the barcelona supporters really think about Xavi. Yes he loosses so many balls, but he doesn't do a thing with the ball except passing to the nearest player and tactically that's totally redundant.

good god son your so wrong, XAVI! SCHOLES TERRIBLE SHOT!

I think what Drekkard means is that Scholes' shot was intentional but the actual placement of it in that corner wasnt. The curl on it is mad so it kind of swerved its own way.

That's right. Scholes has missed more then he actually scored from his long range shots, but he still has better long range aim then most players i've seen, he takes his chances when the time is right.

Do you know one player who scores more than he misses from long range shots (and from any kind of shots) ????

Back
Top Bottom