UEFA Champions League Discussion

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
Discuss your predictions, thoughts on the draw etc HERE!

Arsenal v Liverpool
AS Roma v Man Utd
Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona
Fenerbahce v Chelsea

I am LOVING it having FOUR English clubs at this stage. Sepp Blatter HATES our country so I bet he is a grumpy sod right now!

:lol:

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Discussion

Here's something I'd like to know. Was it a fix?

CLICK ME

Interesting, if grim, reading.

Hmm, I don't think it's rigged. It's all speculation. I had a debate with DJ Doc the other night about whether the FA Cup was fixed because of the fact that we constantly draw Premiership opposition whilst Chelsea & Liverpool seem to draw Championship/League One teams EVERY round. It's all just coincidence in my opinion; when supporters of a team don't like the draw that's been handed to them, they always start with the "It's fixed!" routine. Nice find though Jack.

:)

I guess this should be called the English Champions League.

More than likely that the final will be played between english teams.

the most interesting game will probably be ManUtd and Roma.

I guess this should be called the English Champions League.

More than likely that the final will be played between english teams.

the most interesting game will probably be ManUtd and Roma.

The champions league should not be called what it is at the mo anyway how can it be called this when if u fin say 3 rd in ur league u get into it thats wrong for a start the only reson for this is cash uefa want the big teams in and the wee ones out dont get me wrong i love watching manu barca but how are smaller clubs ment to make any money out of this if uefa are going to be unfair about it

Same here mate! :lol:

FC Barcelona is the luckiest team in qualifications. They'll eleminate Schalke 04 without any trouble in my opinion. The best match will be AS Roma against Manchester United. Because these two teams shows best game in Europe and I'm sure that their matches will be the most enjoyable games in quater finals. About Fenerbahçe's draw, they were really unlucky. They wont lose at their home but in England, everything will be gonna different. I wish Fener will eleminate Chelsea but this time Fenerbahçe hits strong rocks.

The way UEFA operate, I'd be more surprised to hear rumours of an honest draw.

Can't believe this even raised an eyebrow to be honest - They are rotten to the core.

Shit draw! You would expect something easier after Inter Milan!

thats a classic. a man utd fan talking about rigged draws. fact is united get the easy group every year in the champions league, and then get the weakest or 2nd weakest team left in it.

thats a classic. a man utd fan talking about rigged draws. fact is united get the easy group every year in the champions league, and then get the weakest or 2nd weakest team left in it.
:LOL: :w00t: :LOL:

You constanly give the impression that your nickname is mere wishful thinking...

chealse is a stropng team but we have both same chance to win this stage.if we can win in saracoğlu(aggregate is not important)we wil eliminate chealse ı think.

Lets hope you guys do Sedax, couldnt stand another potential Liv-Che semi!

Hmm, I don't think it's rigged. It's all speculation. I had a debate with DJ Doc the other night about whether the FA Cup was fixed because of the fact that we constantly draw Premiership opposition whilst Chelsea & Liverpool seem to draw Championship/League One teams EVERY round. It's all just coincidence in my opinion; when supporters of a team don't like the draw that's been handed to them, they always start with the "It's fixed!" routine. Nice find though Jack.

:)

This has nothing to do with people being unhappy with the draw.

There was a post at 10:30 in the morning during the build up, that hasn't been edited and said there were rumours of a a fix which accurately predicted the results. Hmm

And it happened. EXACTLY. Fishy.

Personally I'm happy with the draw apart from the fact that if we get through we get Chelsea (purely because its boring). But in all honesty I haven't feared Chelsea for a long time now.

what shitty draw , champions league should've spread English teams to foreign and not match Arsenal and Liverpool

Could come from an Arsenal fan...

Looking forward to Roma-Man U

IMO, Inter are a much better side than Milan. Milan never impressed me in the UCL final. We should have wrapped that game up, but our finishing sucked. Evens it out with the 2005 final.

I think we were a lot better than 2005 in terms of our path to the CL final in 2007 though. In the final you were better, but we were better in 2005. So basically its even. :)

what shitty draw , champions league should've spread English teams to foreign and not match Arsenal and Liverpool

when i think these two teams shouldn't even be in the Champions League..The Champions league should be only for the CHAMPIONS Of each country and maybe the second..and you"d like that the English teams don't match...

well thats another good point, this is why the champions isn't that much of fun and fair like it used to be ... so many teams from same countries ruin the concept

well thats another good point, this is why the champions isn't that much of fun and fair like it used to be ... so many teams from same countries ruin the concept

yeah agree,every year now we'll get the same teams for the 1/8 OR 1/4 final.During the groups over 6 games now,how do you want the big guns get knocked out?almost impossible...Bring back the old Champions league with 32 teams, knock out system with home and away games

doesn't make sense cause the champions of each league are pretty much the same anyway
you would be taking away variety

IMO the CL format is at it's best.

If you put the old system, not much changes.

And if you put only 2 from each country, it wouldn't be as good.

anyways, now it's english teams, but we've seen it happen with spanish and italian. It's just a cycle.

We'll probably see Platini change the format for the 2009-2010 game to limit the number of English clubs! :) Prob back to the old format of top two.

IMO the CL format is at it's best.

If you put the old system, not much changes.

Of course yes that changes!!for example Fenerbace over the 2 legs can clearly knock out chelsea but over 6 games in a group(for example) with fenerbace,chelsea,inter
and Anderlecht,it would be much more difficult for Fener and Anderlech to go to the second round and knock out the 2 "big teams"
What i mean it's over 2 legs home and away every thing is possible but with the actual format it becomes more and predictable who will get through

This has nothing to do with people being unhappy with the draw.

There was a post at 10:30 in the morning during the build up, that hasn't been edited and said there were rumours of a a fix which accurately predicted the results. Hmm

And it happened. EXACTLY. Fishy.

Personally I'm happy with the draw apart from the fact that if we get through we get Chelsea (purely because its boring). But in all honesty I haven't feared Chelsea for a long time now.

I wouldn't fear anyone in Europe if I was a Liverpool supporter mate - you are capable of winning it this year (and yes I admit, I didn't think that 2 months ago.)

United on the other hand have looked dodgy in Europe thus far. :(

I wouldn't fear anyone in Europe if I was a Liverpool supporter mate - you are capable of winning it this year (and yes I admit, I didn't think that 2 months ago.)

United on the other hand have looked dodgy in Europe thus far. :(
I wouldn't use the word "dodgy" to describe us. We did do well in the group stage in a decent group, only dropping two points. I think "competent" is a better word to describe us.On the other hand, a word to describe Liverpool in Europe - "deadly". :DD

Back
Top Bottom