TRAITORS IN FOOTBALL

Dermot

Banned
13 August 2002
New York
Arsenal
AS AN ARSENAL FAN I CAN ONLY POST WHAT I'M FAMILIAR WITH IN RECENT ENOUGH TIMES, BUT I WANT TO FIND OUT WHO DONE SOMETHING THAT WAS SEEN AS SPITEFUL IN THE EYES OF FANS, EG PEOPLE WHO HAVE MOVED TO DISPISED RIVAL CLUBS:

SOL CAMPBELL - TOTTENHAM TO ARSENAL:

CAMPBELL_Sol_20010210_NF_L.jpg

_1653530_campbell_arsenal300.jpg

ASHLEY COLE - ARSENAL TO CHELSEA (NOT SO MUCH FUSS WHEN SIDWELL WENT WAS THERE?):

cole_0506barcelona.jpg

ashley-cole2_imageL.jpg

OK GUYS I WANNA SEE THE LIVERPOOL TO EVERTONS AND THE UNITED TO CITIES, ANY RANGERS TO CELTIC OR VICE CERSA???? OOOOOOOH I MAKE THE BEST THREADS ON EVO I DO.

Something I've noticed is that this kind of thing doesn't seem as much of a deal abroad (I may be wrong).

Two examples I can think of, Ronaldo has played for both Inter and Milan, as well as Real Madrid and Barca. Edgar Davids has played for Juve, Inter & Milan. That would never happen in England.

get_document.php

I even got that same shirt with his number =(

ronaldo-barcelona.jpg

He didn't go directly to Madrid but he played with them..

christian-vieri.jpg

This guy is a traitor for everyone, he has played for half the teams in Serie A..
I'm pretty sure he hasn't played for other national team just because FIFA wouldn't let him..

You can't say a player is a traitor just because he went to play for a rival team.. the most of the players would be traitors then!!

If I had to say some players that played for some rival teams I'd say Cristiano Doni (from Brescia to Atalanta) and, why not, Andrea Pirlo with Clarence Seedorf and Ronaldo (Inter to Milan), Angelo Peruzzi (Roma to Lazio) and many more.. notice that these are ALL great players.. Pirlo is most likely the best midfielder in Italy, Ronaldo has been one of the best players of the 90s, Doni is a very talented player.. none of them is a traitor..

but well, the one that holds the record of rival teams changed is Vieri in my opinion.. he played for both Torino and Juventus, then for both Inter and Milan. And he played for Lazio and Atletico Madrid too, so.. Come on AS Roma or Real Madrid management, BUY HIM PLEASE so he could keep on joining rival teams!!

[edit]
funk!! both of you have been quicker than me!!
[/edit]

Gallas Chelsea went to The Arses..
Loric Cana Psg went to the Assholes in the south of France(Marseille) and 2 weeks later was kissing their badge:roll:

Smith from Leeds to Man Utd comes to my mind...
Dennis Law form Man Utd to Man City (perhaps via Italy). Law's goal relegated Man Utd (although in retrospect that goal did not make any difference at all).
Viduka form Boro to Newcastle.

Cant actually remember any liverpool to everton transfers. Barmby went the opposite way though. For everton that was hard, although he was only a squad player for liverpool :D

I guess the biggest ones are the youth players like fowler and mcmanamen being everton supporters as kids.

Although tbh, Liverpool's main rivals are Manu, Everton are just annyoing neighbours. There isnt any worth mentioning as Heinze didnt get to sign.

But its definitly different in europe, were there is less tribal attitudes to football. Italy is a great example, but you also have the same in Holland and probably the rest of europe aswell. I can only think of figo going from barca to real that caused a stir over there.

Michael Chopra (Newcastle-->Cardiff-->Sunderland)
Liam Ridgewell (Aston Villa-->Birmingham)
Abel Xavier (Everton-->Liverpool)

Derlei
0309derlei.jpg

554940.jpg

cd174c0948b3436c90d1f780afed8ad9.jpg

The bitch passed through all big teams in portugal (Benfica, Sporting, Porto) and played very well in Porto, Awful in benfica (only scored 1 goal all season) and medium in Sporting. Hate him, he just wants money, doesn't care about clubs.

Patrick Vieira...... Every top Italian team. Left Arsenal because he couldnt grab CL glory... yet Arsenal always do better than Juve in Europe. Then went to Inter after the Juve scandal.....

But i wouldn't call them traitors of course...they are professionals.

Can you imagine working for a company, having the opportunity to earn much more if working for another one and saying "i will not work for that other company because this one is my favourite company"????
Sounds rather ridiculous isn't it...
Well that's exactly the way professional players have to think.

But its definitly different in europe, were there is less tribal attitudes to football. Italy is a great example, but you also have the same in Holland and probably the rest of europe aswell. I can only think of figo going from barca to real that caused a stir over there.

No you're wrong there.Here in France we have a player called Fabrice fiorese went to Marseille(after being a PSG boy)and i can tell you the level of abuses he got were as strong as Figo got when he came back to Barcelona with Real

Can you imagine working for a company, having the opportunity to earn much more if working for another one and saying "i will not work for that other company because this one is my favourite company"????
Sounds rather ridiculous isn't it...
Well that's exactly the way professional players have to think.

Gerds right, the fans still see their teams as a club in most cases, and it's a shame in a way things have gone and I'm certain at sum point the sport will eat itself.. attendances have begun to fall outside the top few.. the majority of players would be more apt if they played in suits and ties...;) I wonder if they waste a few hours a day with sneaky Internet use?

You can't say a player is a traitor just because he went to play for a rival team.. the most of the players would be traitors then!!

;)

Gerd said:
;)
exactly, they are professionals. and that's not an insult. to betray somebody, u have to share something with him, a tie.

we do support football teams for passion, not for money. so if we would change our favourite team we could be called "traitors".

football players play for our teams.... but they don't do it for passion.... they do it for money.
fotball is a game for us, while it's a work for them.

Amauri (just using as example a player who works for the team i support) plays football for passion....
but he doesn't play in palermo for passion.....there's a big difference.
he plays in palermo just because palermo "trusted" in him more than barcelona and fiorentina (and by saying "trusted" i mean that we offered him an higher wage).
now the whole world realized what a great striker he is..... next season he will go to milan, or barca......
how can we call him a "traitor"? he doesn't support palermo, he wasn't born in palermo....
he's just a professional who offered his performances to palermo for 2 years.... and he just did it for money. :)

sometimes it happens that a player has the chance to work for the team he supports (here in palermo we have tedesco, liverpool has gerrard, milan has maldini, sevilla had puerta :(). those players stay in their own team also for passion..... but they're just a few exceptions.
football players aren't obligated to work for the teams they support...... because they're professionals, as Gerd said. :)

I know I might get flamed for this post, but here are some examples of real traitors IMO:

GuillermoFranco370x270.jpg

Guille Franco (Villareal) -- Born Argentinian, played for Mexico [He sucked, by the way..] =P

33962.jpg

Antonio Naelson "Sinha" (Toluca) -- Born Brazilian, played for Mexico

67021.jpg

Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus) -- Born Argentinian, played for Italy

www.4play_DECO.jpg

Deco (FCB) -- Born Brazilian, played for Portugal

You can't say they are all professionals and its all a business though either, there are some that love their club and would never leave, it just wouldn't be right, look at paolo maldinis career at AC milan, or Stevie G at liverpool, could you imagine him pulling on a Man U top? Just wouldn't look right now would it? look at Henry only last year saying he would never leave Arsenal, that it was in his blood and now he's at Barca. (Wayne Rooney could play for ireland if he wanted by the way and he mentioned recently that he is considering it as playing for England is annoying him.)

(Wayne Rooney could play for ireland if he wanted by the way and he mentioned recently that he is considering it as playing for England is annoying him.)

Shows how thick he is then, he cant. He has already played full internationals for england.

Patrick Vieira...... Every top Italian team. Left Arsenal because he couldnt grab CL glory... yet Arsenal always do better than Juve in Europe. Then went to Inter after the Juve scandal.....

Erm....

Arsenal reached one final in the last decade and apart from that mostly early exits.

Back
Top Bottom