Too hard to please?

I also played Subbuteo then! Had lots of teams, the cup, even a light for my pitch. I had the pitch glued to a wood and kept behind the door of my bedroom. I used to play with my father and uncle, we had all results, even scorers (you could paint them numbers!) and so in a notebook.
Same :D. Except I didn't play it with either your father or your uncle. I would paint the Liverpool #10 to look like John Barnes, too.

Exactly. Remove online matches from the equation and you'd have more resources spent toward improving the AI by default. But why bother to do that when so many will say "f it, playing against the CPU sucks so I'll just play online matches."

In a sense it's genius - EA don't have to spend as much on developing the AI because they can just supplant human competition for CPU competition with online game modes. So they spend less while still selling millions, which equals an improved bottom line.

So even though Lami and I will say they're "wasting" money on online game modes, in truth EA are getting a greater return on their investment.

Yep, that's why I called online cash-cow mode.

Back in the day, I wished I could play with people from all over the world. But what I didn't know is that it will ruin offline for me. All I wanted was a simple 2 player story mode, playing with someone from any country.

I think games were more creative back then. Maybe even funnier. I thought GEX: Deep Cover Gecko was funny. I enjoyed it more than I do many of the games these days.

Yep, that's why I called online cash-cow mode.

Back in the day, I wished I could play with people from all over the world. But what I didn't know is that it will ruin offline for me. All I wanted was a simple 2 player story mode, playing with someone from any country.

I think games were more creative back then. Maybe even funnier. I thought GEX: Deep Cover Gecko was funny. I enjoyed it more than I do many of the games these days.

I'm not to happy that story, AI, and offline modes are being often ignored these days - I enjoy myself a good shooter with a story campaign to go along with it but that's getting harder to find.

I just hope PES doesn't follow the trend.

Back
Top Bottom