The TV Show Thread

Shitty SD quality, no real fan of the show would watch it in something like that, high bitrate 1080p is the only way to go.

Exactly. Not as bad as the security guard at my work watching CAMS of movies on the company computer. I`m debating whether or not I should call for a thorough exam of the PC he`s using because its supposed to be used strictly for work purposes.

Need to get up to date, thing I'm around 3 episodes out.

Also thinking of watching Prison Break soon too, after I've watched GOT and Vikings.

FD

unfortunately, GoT ep 9 was poor, especially the last scenes in Meereen, that was an amateur's work ... shitty CGI, very bad combat .. looks like all the production money went to the previous episode where they gave a perfect battle in Hardhome ..

True Detective season 2 so far really sucked for me, it does remind me a bit of better call saul, writer trying too hard to make the story and characters cools but it just does not work.

A good one is "Mr Robot", the pilot was pretty interesting.

And for those loving the good old 80es, check out "deutchland83".

I'm looking forward to Mr. Robot. The pilot was very interesting. Series starts July 1. Reminded me a bit of the Aussie show The Code.

Got round to watching Game of Thrones S5 Finale.

I'll be amazed if Jon Snow is dead, although this show never seems to make sense, lol. I'm thinking that Witch is going to do something to bring him back, maybe sacrifice his wolf or something in order to bring him back?

Now I'm going to start with Vikings new season and then move onto maybe True Detective or start on Prison Break.

FD

Watched Vikings, got a few surprises in that. :o

Not started no True Detective and Prison Break, but will shortly.

Forgot about Heroes Reborn which is starting next month, watched one of the mini episodes that are online at the moment, think there is about 6 of them.

FD

Person of Interest seems about to be cancelled...

S5 has been cut to 13 episodes, and seems very unlikely to see a S6 so the story won't get a full telling.. I don't blame them though it has been really bad for last season and a half.

Started watching the final season of Falling Skies.

Will get that out the way, and then concentrate on something new.

I guess I'm just trying to see how it all plays out in the end, it's okay, nowt special and some of the actors are a bit meh, but at least it's lasted it's course and get some sort of ending, although I'm predicting a shit one with a cliffhanger.

FD

Person of Interest seems about to be cancelled...

S5 has been cut to 13 episodes, and seems very unlikely to see a S6 so the story won't get a full telling.. I don't blame them though it has been really bad for last season and a half.

as much as I love Person of Interest, I want that season 5 to be the last ..

first, because you'd better end as a legend or live long enough to see yourself becoming shit (Dexter any one?)

second, the show lost its magic in season 4, it's not the same, script and directing isn't amazing anymore, they seem to make it look like diaries, they also tend to give the audience what they want, wich ruins everything in TV and Cinema. Example :
bringing back Shaw, her presumed death was EPIC, why the fuck ruin everything and make her alive, and FFS her lesbian relationship with Root doesn't work for this kind of shows. this show isn't at all about that bullshit.

I hope they fix things in season five and get back to their first two and a half seasons of greatness, awesomeness, solidity.

as much as I love Person of Interest, I want that season 5 to be the last ..

first, because you'd better end as a legend or live long enough to see yourself becoming shit (Dexter any one?)

second, the show lost its magic in season 4, it's not the same, script and directing isn't amazing anymore, they seem to make it look like diaries, they also tend to give the audience what they want, wich ruins everything in TV and Cinema. Example :
bringing back Shaw, her presumed death was EPIC, why the fuck ruin everything and make her alive, and FFS her lesbian relationship with Root doesn't work for this kind of shows. this show isn't at all about that bullshit.

I hope they fix things in season five and get back to their first two and a half seasons of greatness, awesomeness, solidity.

The first 2 seasons were excellent, but since Carter left it just hasn't been the same.
Root and Shaw are both poor characters and even worse actors. The show unfortunately has lost so much quality and got really stupid. I will watch it until it's conclusion but it just went so far of the rails, this show is Dexter reincarnated. (As in it was excellent to start and then just got worse and worse until the point it was unbearable to watch)

Anyone else finding true detective season 2 hard to watch? Seems like something is missing

I didn't even like the first season that much, thought it was an awesome atmosphere for a not so good story.
Season 2 does not have even that atmosphere, its just a total mess, felt rushed to be honest.

As for Mr. Robot I don't know, at moments I think this is great, fantastic performances, a weird mood and the captivating lead guy makes me think this is one of those shows.
But some episodes were strange, more specific the ones they had a mission, felt just like other USA shows, where you think everything is doomed, then everything is fixed in a silly way again and onto the next climax they go.
Overall is the best show around though, there's no doubt about that.

Watching Prison Break for the second time. Still so good.

Waiting on new Black Sails, Gotham, Marco Polo, Penny Dreadful, Power and Vikings.

The first 2 seasons were excellent, but since Carter left it just hasn't been the same.
Root and Shaw are both poor characters and even worse actors. The show unfortunately has lost so much quality and got really stupid. I will watch it until it's conclusion but it just went so far of the rails, this show is Dexter reincarnated. (As in it was excellent to start and then just got worse and worse until the point it was unbearable to watch)

Disagree with pretty much every point, love the show as much now as when it started and think Root and Shaw work great, it was obviously girl heavy at the point Carter left and she was the one of the three I was happiest to see killed off :)

the problem with POI and every other show is : writers begin to give fans what they want. and that's wrong.
in POI, fans loved the characters and their relationship, so writers felt it's good to make these characters more like a family. that's what they did with the team (Reese, Finch, Fusco, Shaw, Root & the dog Bear). which made the show different than it's first atmosphere.
first two and a half season were one of the best things I have ever watched, we've seen every good thing that can be in Cinema/TV. and they did it with a solid writing and amazing plots, also they didn't throw everything so fast, they were patient and obviously enjoying what they were doing.

second half of season 3 was very good but only with it's storyline itself, other than that, it wasn't written as good as first two seasons.

Season 4 is a big disappointment, there's no creativity anymore, poor writing, new characters are also poor, the choice of making Root fall in love with Shaw is just pathetic and can only be logical and suitable for shows like Gossip Girl.

I don't think season 5 will be as good as first seasons, but I really hope it will be at least solid.

Last edited:
Started watching Prison Break, I'm not sure, at times seems a bit cheesey, will need to see how it plays out.

Mind you the lawyer woman or whatever she is, is very good to look at. :D

FD

It was brave of AMC to start it off so slow, huge ratings for the first episode based off the Walking Dead audience, I'd expect it to drop significantly after such a slow pilot, it is intriguing to see it set so early in the outbreak though IMO.

I might give it a go, but TWD is already starting to make me wain.

Tbh, I don't believe this show has an ending in sight, for me it'll play out till no-one watches it and it'll get ditched.

Watched Falling Skies, so that's it finished, I quite enjoyed it, although have a B-Movie feel to it. Mind you the last episode felt a bit rushed and a bit bleh, but I liked it getting a conclusion.

Still watching Prison Break, still only about a 3rd the way in 1st season. It's not too bad, but there's maybe a bit too much cheese for me in it. Only problem is I believe the first season went well and then it went downhill a bit.

FD

I liked where Mr. Robot went at the end. Things better get crazy and big on the second season though, it just have too after what happened, but I find it difficult too, its USA after all.

Anybody watching Narcos? The story is kinda of a mess, its crazy fast paced, the voice over feels like a cheap way to rush the plot but the show is kinda of fascinating. Very Goodfellas like.

I was just about to say the exact same thing about Narcos. After the first episode I felt like I had watched a recap of an entire series in fifty minutes. It's highly enjoyable though.

Back
Top Bottom