The TV Show Thread

Yeah The Americans is superb, incredibly well acted all round even the wigs put on lifelike performances! Shockingly none of the main leads were nominated for Emmys.

"True detective": Having watched six episodes (my favourite so far being the fourth) I have to say it's very good, but Matthew McCaughney delivers the performance of his life in this.

"True detective": Having watched six episodes (my favourite so far being the fourth) I have to say it's very good, but Matthew McCaughney delivers the performance of his life in this.

Just watched the first season some weeks ago.
It is a brilliant TV show. I liked it very much.

Just finished Dexter final season. This ending is really a shame. I have read that it was a disgrace, now I have seen it by myself. It is a shame they ruined the series since end of season 4 - but the final one with this ending is just crappy... :(

Just finished Dexter final season. This ending is really a shame. I have read that it was a disgrace, now I have seen it by myself. It is a shame they ruined the series since end of season 4 - but the final one with this ending is just crappy... :(

That was the problem though, if you look online all the main writers left after Season 4, hence the massive drop in the quality of the show.

After Season 4 the show was awful.

No it wouldn't, the series took a thorough nosedive after season 2, really.
---

Penny Dreadful is looking promising, although anything featuring Eva Green is begging to be watched thoroughly...

Yeah seen them all as the original Swedish broadcast episodes are available with English subtitles, really funny and based on my experiences I'd say it's pretty accurate :)

I didn't particularly like the torture scene of Song of Ice and Fire and the TV series also took a huge nosedive around the time as well. Some writers should learn the fact that if it doesn't enhance the story it just shouldn't fucking be there.

Just watched Matador episode one and not really sure what I think. It's VERY silly but amusing at the same time. Not sure on the characters though.

I recommend everyone here to watch FX's The Strain (from a Guillermo del Toro book, who is also the producer!). Warning though, it forces you to relate science fiction with real events (historic + the fact it portraits a "deadly virus" that reproduces from host to host, same as Ebola). Scary stuff. I like it.

Last edited:
Started watching a show called The Leftovers, by Lost's Damon Lindelof. I'm halfway through but so far it's been pretty good. It's on HBO and does pretty well at making you want to know what happens next.

The premise is that one day, 2% of the world's population just vanishes, and no one knows why.

Started watching a show called The Leftovers, by Lost's Damon Lindelof. I'm halfway through but so far it's been pretty good. It's on HBO and does pretty well at making you want to know what happens next.

The premise is that one day, 2% of the world's population just vanishes, and no one knows why.

They had to randomly shoot a dog in the head in the first 5 minutes of the show didn't they?

Some people might not understand this, but to me that's the graphical equivalent of shooting a baby in the face..

Other than that, show is interesting. Extra points for the pattern in the female casting (blue eyes with dark-blonde/brown hair) :D

Last edited:
Some people might not understand this, but to me that's the graphical equivalent of shooting a baby in the face..

To me it's 1,000 times worse! I love dogs and hate kids! (obviously not to the extent I want to see babies shot in the face of course, just zero interest in having babies of my own!)

These are our babies:

HM7KG4D.jpg

I recommend everyone here to watch FX's The Strain (from a Guillermo del Toro book, who is also the producer!). Warning though, it forces you to relate science fiction with real events (historic + the fact it portraits a "deadly virus" that reproduces from host to host, same as Ebola). Scary stuff. I like it.

Been watching. Good show. We dropped the leftovers after 5 eps as the "no talking" stuff was a bit too much for our liking.

Looking forward to this, really loved that character from BB.

Finishing off with Boardwalk Empire, as well as Sons of Anarchy and moving along with Homeland. Then I'll start on The Walking Dead.

FD

Wrapped up Boardwalk Empire 3 or 4 wks ago. I forget. Anyways. Great season to wrap everything up and a great final show. Original Sin. Hope Sons of Anarchy has a great finale as well.

TBH I am not surprised that Person of Interest has been up for cancellation, the show has dropped in standard since Season 2, and although there were some really good episodes in Season 3, after ****** **** the show did go downhill.

Some of the scenes with Root in Season 3 were just completely stupid to the point they were making me laugh, and also not a fan of Shaw(nice to look at shame about the acting and everything else).

I don't want it cancelled as will always watch it... Also according to online it will def be renewed for Season 5 and then probably cancelled for Syndication.

Cheers for the spoiler. Saw the comment about it maybe being cancelled in the snippet in the list of threads so came in here to see what was going on and then read that. Should have spoilered it. Not everyone is up to date on the show.

Back
Top Bottom