The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've tried automatic but didn't find it worked too well. Manual works but by the time you realise what is happening it is too late to push out. I mean I am controlling 1 defender, trying to cover space and hold up the attacker, only to find that the rest have dropped right into the 6 yard box and by the time I push the left direction to activate manual offside trap, the ball has been played through already with the attacker still onside.

Its just one of 3 issues really spoiling the game for me at the moment. I love it most of the time but then something like that happens and I just find myself turning it off, something which I have never done with a PES game before :(

I think this is a general thing which happens in jenkys patch. im using the origianl game at the moment and the offside trap manual is working really well when i using a high line.

I've played two games now and neither team is dropping back to the 6 yard box all the time!

Notice that daveym is complaing about defensive lines but is using jenkys patch. last year jenkys patch had a big issue where thwe defensive libes where really, really deep!

Posted this in the other thread but i thought it might be of help here.

so i deleted the konami update and rebooted........it is actually quite scary how different the game plays, demo 2 has returned, i've had to play 7 games to make sure it wasn't imagining it, cpu is building up attacks again passing the ball around, not camping, my teams off the ball movement has returned, i can dribble again etc...dunno who's idea the patch was but they should be fired. I think i can live without kits and transfers if the trade off is the gameplay i'm experiencing now.
Funny thing is that i never had a chance to play the game without the update, if so, it would have been easy to identify what had made the gameplay change so much.
If anyone else has the chance, i recommend them giving it a go.

I think this is a general thing which happens in jenkys patch. im using the origianl game at the moment and the offside trap manual is working really well when i using a high line.

I've played two games now and neither team is dropping back to the 6 yard box all the time!

Notice that daveym is complaing about defensive lines but is using jenkys patch. last year jenkys patch had a big issue where thwe defensive libes where really, really deep!

I'll give it a go without the patch tomorrow then to see how it goes. Any ideas how to stop the other main issue I have where nearly every clearance from your corner or free kick falls to the cpu attacker? It doesn't matter if you have about 4 men back and they have 1 striker up there, it nearly always lands perfectly for him which results in a counter every time. I found this happened a lot in 2011 as well.

I agree with this for the most part, except the night lighting which I think is pretty decent. I'm a bit of a graphics whore too and PES2012 isn't satisfying visually. It can look great close-up, and those panning shots of the stadium pre-kick off/half time/post match look really sharp, but when the on-pitch action starts the resolution seems to drop. It's clearly worse than PES2011, which was worse than PES2010. This shouldn't be the case.

It's crazy that in 2011 we're still talking about the lack of foot-planting in PES. You can clearly see player's feet sliding to reposition themselves between touches or when receiving a pass.

The animations don't help with the believability either.

It's such a shame, particularly when Football Life looks like an amazing game mode, just what I want out of a football game in that respect, unfortunately despite all the positives that many have posted here, which I don't dispute, for some reason I can't muster the effort to play it. I'm almost certain it's down to the graphics, 'slidey' animations/ball movement and the absolutely dreadful audio. Like I said before, the commentary is woeful, ball sounds like a gun going off, and the crowds are small repetitive sounds played on a placeholder loop. It all adds to my fading sense of enthusiasm.

I totally understand where people like Jimmy etc are coming from with their particular praise, I don't doubt what they say at all, but for me playing games has to be a gameplay and visual/audio experience. I'm not getting that with PES at all.

Im also really trying to like it, Been on it now for 2 hours and it just feels like a chore to play and im just going through the motions.

LTFC you say your enjoying Fifa, is it better than the demo? Wasnt really keen on the demo but that could of been down to loving the PES demo so much, i did like Fifa 11 is it a big improvement over that? Is it less predictable? And have the 1v1's been toned down?

Well I don't want to start any kind of PES vs FIFA thing going on, but personally I absolutely love FIFA this year. The final version of FIFA12 is vastly superior to the demo in almost every way, the sliders allow key gameplay changes to the mechanics of the game too.

I won't go on about it because this is a PES thread but personally, without any debate about realism ( which I think FIFA has vastly improved upon this year), simulation etc, FIFA for me is much more fun to play.

Oddly, I adored the PES demos and hated the FIFA demo. Then the games came out and I totally switched. PES managed to make the final game worse than the demos, whereas EA somehow produced what I can only see as almost a totally different game to what they turned out for the demo.

Does anyone here can play in top player (0 bar passing, -2 speed) ?

Omg... i must "apologyze" everyone for having such a radical opinion. The game is that "bad" in top player, but i almost "fixed" all gameplay issues by just changing to Professional dificulty.

Honestly, Top Player is a joke of a game, but in Professional the game turned to be AZMAZING!! It's not perfect of course, it still has some few moments where the game doesn't reconize the right player i intentded to pass (this only happens when i use manual pass and make a very short pass into space).

But just changing the gameplay dificulty made almost everything great, and i got to say now that FULL VERSION IS REALLY BETTER THAN ANY DEMO.

I honestly don't know what Konami had in mind when making Top Player that crap, completely bullshit, ball carrier being overpressured in anytime CPU wants (specially on a counter), CPU defence being so tight and almost flawless, defenders closing gspaces in light speed and blocking almost every single shot, and what about those cpu counter attacks, so artificial, insane dribbling speed, insane passing skills, so fast and accurate.:CONFUSE: It's an artificial challenge that completly compromise realism. On Professional level, even my defence seems to be much more organized.

Now in Professional dificulty space feels great, i can plan my attack the way i expect, it is so much more enjoyable! CPU playrs don't go to 1 on 1 mode all thr fucking time and don't have insane dribbling skills, it is much more based on stats. Althout, i really think some teams need some adjstements.

I decided not to sell it anymore, i still have some few things to complain about as everyone here, but overall the game is :WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

Anyone agree ?

Last edited:
:LOL: i come back after 24 hours of madness in real life to see so much drama unfold here on this board.

I see this game has claimed the lives of my good friends dudu and Jamez.

all i can say really is wow.

Klash, i have to admit i overaected in some posts. Yes, you are right, too much drama, but i couldn't contain my frustration in playing this game on top player level. loooool

Top player for me is completly shit whereas professional level is awesome, but teams really need be tweaked tatically, so now i'm really excited to see your editing work.:))

I wonder in what dificulty you play on... i can't find any realism in the way cpu plays in top player (cpu cheats insanelly imo), wich was not the case in demos (in demo 2 it was slihtly unbalanced at times, but in the full game it is such a nihtmare for me).

Last edited:
I've also found that lowering the difficulty rating (because i'm obviously not as good as i think lol) whilst on -2 speed and 0 or 1 pass assistnce, makes for a better game. Oh and controller 2, so i don't get the stutter run (the worst thing about it all). I had some decent games like this.

I've also found that lowering the difficulty rating (because i'm obviously not as good as i think lol) whilst on -2 speed and 0 or 1 pass assistnce, makes for a better game. Oh and controller 2, so i don't get the stutter run (the worst thing about it all). I had some decent games like this.

try removing the patch

Guys, are you talking about removing the patch (game version 1.01, improved GKs etc.) or DLC (kits, boots, transfers)?

I'm not sure if i'm going to remove the patch, i really like the keepers now, but it's very clear to me that they made shooting worse in order to make them better. Atm, in pure gamepay wise, i think this is what people have been complainnig the most.

In full version i really feel i have minor controll over my shots, wich was rarelly the case in demo 2. In so many times i aimed to one corner and the ball went to the other, very weird.

Dspite of this, i really like the pace in the full version in -2 speed. Are players movements before the patch realistic as after it ? How passing flows ?

Guys, are you talking about removing the patch (game version 1.01, improved GKs etc.) or DLC (kits, boots, transfers)?

The game version 1.01, you can still download the DLC, or re-download it you deleted it like i did.

Anyone else encounter this problem in PES2012?

Sometimes when the ball is loose, like when the CPU blocks your shot and it bounces off, your teammates running up to the ball will act as if the ball is a shot/clearance by the CPU and do that jumping block animation even though its a loose ball waiting to be picked up.

This has to be a bug and it is really game breaking. It's almost as if the CPU is forcing your team to lose attacking momentum by making your players scared of running up to a loose ball.

Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I think it's time for either Jon Murphy or Konami to do a live Q&A session and explain what they did with the game. Whatever they changed from 2011 and even the patch, none of it makes sense. They promise us many things like fixing the running bug, option file in 1 file, fixed keepers, but either they are lying to us or Jon Murphy has no idea what he is talking about cause Konami has delivered none of it.

The game is still full of AI bugs and CPU taking over your controls for no reason at all. Passing meter is seemingly random, and alot of the time your teammates do not react to your passing, or the pass is randomly faster or slower even when you do a full powered pass, not being able to switch players or the game locking you to bad choices is still there.

How are us players supposed to play the game when all the controls are mysteries to solve? FIFA is selling 25times more than PES this year, cause no amount of defending by fanboys here can save this game. The public aren't idiots and they have voted with their money.

Someone really needs to explain what is going on with the game this year.

Last edited:

I think it's time for either Jon Murphy or Konami to do a live Q&A session and explain what they did with the game. Whatever they changed from 2011 and even the patch, none of it makes sense. They promise us many things like fixing the running bug, option file in 1 file, fixed keepers, but either they are lying to us or Jon Murphy has no idea what he is talking about.

The game is full of AI bugs and CPU taking over your controls for no reason at all. Passing meter is seemingly random, and alot of the time your teammates do not react to your passing, or the pass is randomly faster or slower even when you do a full powered pass.

How are us players supposed to play the game when all the controls are mysteries to solve? FIFA is selling 25times more than PES this year, cause no amount of defending by fanboys here can save this game. The public aren't idiots and they have voted with their money.

Someone really needs to explain what is going on with the game this year.

Those are first week sales compared and only in UK
worldwide the difference is the same as previous years

A lot of folks that don't use jenkey's patch are complaining about this too so it's not his fault. I'm sure.
He's doing everything he can to fix it somewhat, but now it's obvious that it's hard-coded in the 1.01 patch. Without the patch everyone is jumping for joy about less pressure and no packing in the box.
Konami really fucked up on this

Anyone tried a ranked match? try that and watch how bad this game can be. 100 mph passes with first time passes with 100% pass success, to keep assisted this as default for online at 0 is murdering this game, after last year, i thought surely they'll learn and demo, but this is my least favourite game from pes series online. bring back pes 08 over this shit anyday.

from a few hours online my experiences of people against or 2 v 2 are as follows:

Messi
Barca
Real
Messi
Ronaldo
Must take 10 minutes to press OK so a 2 v 2 can start
Messi
Oh wow a good player who doesn't piss about
Must leave game to keep player waiting to have a wank during Master League Online Coach Mode
Cant give you that ten yard pass sorry I want to run a lot then give the ball away
Oh wow another good player who doesn't piss about
Messi
Anyone speak english in this english lobby or should I fuck off to the Russian one?
Barca
AND A CHANCE
Ronaldo
Oh wow he has advertised a 2 v 2 lobby yet he cant wait a few seconds for more people so he starts a 2/4
Second half 3/4 Game Plan 0/4....15,14,13,12,11,10...YAY
Messi
Oh wow he knows you cant always run through the opposite team with one player...friend request being seriously considered
El Moubarki
Man Blue....favourite team Inter

Back to offline Master League it is then !

from a few hours online my experiences of people against or 2 v 2 are as follows:

Messi
Barca
Real
Messi
Ronaldo
Must take 10 minutes to press OK so a 2 v 2 can start
Messi
Oh wow a good player who doesn't piss about
Must leave game to keep player waiting to have a wank during Master League Online Coach Mode
Cant give you that ten yard pass sorry I want to run a lot then give the ball away
Oh wow another good player who doesn't piss about
Messi
Anyone speak english in this english lobby or should I fuck off to the Russian one?
Barca
AND A CHANCE
Ronaldo
Oh wow he has advertised a 2 v 2 lobby yet he cant wait a few seconds for more people so he starts a 2/4
Second half 3/4 Game Plan 0/4....15,14,13,12,11,10...YAY
Messi
Oh wow he knows you cant always run through the opposite team with one player...friend request being seriously considered
El Moubarki
Man Blue....favourite team Inter

Back to offline Master League it is then !

LOL funny and it's all true!
2vs2 is actually enjoyable when you have a partner who knows how and when to pass lol. Wanna link up?

Might be more balanced on Regular but it's plain too easy for many. Going Top Player minus the patch is more balanced than Pro or Top Player post-patch IMO, but that's not including the dire keepers who are ruining the game for me right now. I might take up Proxi's advice of editing the keepers but not sure if can be bothered to be honest. Feels like I'd be paying Konami to do their work for them.

Might be more balanced on Regular but it's plain too easy for many. Going Top Player minus the patch is more balanced than Pro or Top Player post-patch IMO, but that's not including the dire keepers who are ruining the game for me right now. I might take up Proxi's advice of editing the keepers but not sure if can be bothered to be honest. Feels like I'd be paying Konami to do their work for them.

Try it on regular with the patch then. I don't think many of you have. If you find it too easy that's fine. But try it for a few games and tell me if all the good aspects have returned...

I think many of us feel like we've been volunteers for many years now dude. :)

I might take up Proxi's advice of editing the keepers but not sure if can be bothered to be honest. Feels like I'd be paying Konami to do their work for them.

I just can't be bothered with all the pissing about needed to get the best from PES these days. Just haven't got the time for it. I simply want to put the disc in and enjoy a finished product. Too much to ask?

I just can't be bothered with all the pissing about needed to get the best from PES these days. Just haven't got the time for it. I simply want to put the disc in and enjoy a finished product. Too much to ask?

Yes, this is the point my friend makes. He just wants to put the game in and play without having to do much editing. All i have is PES so i'm fine with spending some time editing it but for others who play a variety of games. PES just isn't viable these days really. Why the effort when you can just play another game.

My roommate now has the new batman game. Looks very good, funny thing is though i notieced an issue with the fighting mechanics, it's like every SINGLE video game's animations are starting to bug me. Batman has this horrible issue where you 'warp' and 'slide' into making counters when fighting. It's very strange, i mean the combat is great, but looks very odd to see him sliding around.

Spent all of last weekend at a mates house playing FIFA, it was fun as usual, thing is football games really desperatley need to start implementing dynamic sprinting and running with the ball. It's so tron like when sprinting on that game. Gab talked about this where players would have to concentrate when spritning with the ball, have a system where it's not glued to your feet like it is now.

I think maybe if i didn't know every skill move in FIFA i'd find it realistic :CONFUSE: . Despite losing a few games to my mate at first. Once i beat him with Australia compared to his france, i think that was about the time i got settled in :SMUG: .

Apparently yes!

I totally agree with you though, I previously didn't have any complaints about the keepers but last night they were shocking. Aside from those two videos I also let in a goal where some guy was 1v1 with my keeper, who rushed off his line to meet the striker and narrow the angle. However, when the keeper reached the striker he just carried on running past the guy with the ball, who had an empty net.

As has been said earlier, how did they manage to make them worse than last year? Really bizarre. I also played against a keeper who was incapable of catching a ball. I quickly realised that every shot, no matter how weak and straight at him, would see him parry or just drop the ball then stand there as if the code is not telling him the ball is near him.

I'll persist but if it happens too often then I'll just give up playing it. Shame, as the game itself pre-patch can sometimes be magnificent. The keepers though are ruining it. It's like enjoying a fantastic meal at a restaurant then the waiter pulling his trousers down and doing a massive dump on your tiramisu!

Back
Top Bottom