The "No Fouls Bug" by Konami

I think there's nothing wrong with anything like 2-10 CPU fouls per 15-min match, and those screens show a perfectly fine fluctuation.

Play 6 matches and add up the CPU fouls. I'd bet my last Worther's Original on the total being similar to any teams' foul tally in the Premiership this past weekend. Spurs played Villa in a frantic game, some bad challenges flying around yet Spurs fouled 12 times, Villa 19.

1:1 realism isn't possible with fouls, but I think there's a good balance, judging on what's been said. A slider would be great though, everybody pleased.

Got the full PC version and had some games, keeping an eye on stats. Four 15-minute matches on Top Player tonight, exhibition mode. Fouls by CPU.

Arsenal (A) - 5
FC Twente (H) - 4
W. Bremen (A) - 3
W. Bremen (H) - 7

Then on into CL mode, same rules.

W. Bremen (H) - 4
PSG (A) - 4
Galatasaray (H) - 8
Galatasaray (A) - 10

Each game, a few dodgy tackles from both me and the CPU went unpunished. Perfect for my liking.

Also saw 2 straight reds, one from me using Bale to hack Baros in the box, the other being Douglas hacking Pavlyuchenko in the Bremen box. Joy enabled!

Got the full PC version and had some games, keeping an eye on stats. Four 15-minute matches on Top Player tonight, exhibition mode. Fouls by CPU.

Arsenal (A) - 5
FC Twente (H) - 4
W. Bremen (A) - 3
W. Bremen (H) - 7

Then on into CL mode, same rules.

W. Bremen (H) - 4
PSG (A) - 4
Galatasaray (H) - 8
Galatasaray (A) - 10

Each game, a few dodgy tackles from both me and the CPU went unpunished. Perfect for my liking.

Also saw 2 straight reds, one from me using Bale to hack Baros in the box, the other being Douglas hacking Pavlyuchenko in the Bremen box. Joy enabled!

Hmm...Interesting. Is the gulf between Professional and Top Player that large? I have never had any amount over 4, and that was a rare occurance. This is after playing 45 matches in the ML.

Last edited:
Interesting post. It is clear that a lot less fouls are present in the full game, but honestly I have plenty of dangerous free kicks and even a penalty or two there, would be great some more fouls but it is OK in my opinion.

What I have spotted is that the ref whistles some clean challenges from me or even at times from the CPU... but that is like football is!

OK all this is that on professional there aren't many fouls by the CPU :) That's it!

On top player however Inter committed 4 fouls on me bofore 30 minutes had even passed (15 minute match!)

There is no issue. fideco, if your not happy with professional, use top player, plenty of fouls there!

YouTube - No fouls bug

In every single football game ever released there has always been instances of the AI cheating in the case of getting away with 1-2 blatant foul every match, they normally get away with just one or two, that's it! This video is highly inconclusive. I mean I'm sorry but this thread should be just closed since like i said again, there isn't an issue, well on professional there aren't too many but on top player there's more than enough!

Klash I think it should be balanced better than that! Not everyone has the skill (or desire) to play Top Player. Essentially the game should be balanced for the normal difficulty, if the uber-hardcore players want to go the extra mile, then that is what Top Player is for.
Some fouls not being called is ok, but when the Ref AND Linesman are 3 feet away, it just looks stupid for a blatant foul not to be called.

Klash I think it should be balanced better than that! Not everyone has the skill (or desire) to play Top Player. Essentially the game should be balanced for the normal difficulty, if the uber-hardcore players want to go the extra mile, then that is what Top Player is for.
Some fouls not being called is ok, but when the Ref AND Linesman are 3 feet away, it just looks stupid for a blatant foul not to be called.

Nah Top player is not unbeatable or like legendary of FIFA where the AI are an army or Ronaldinhio's

Most good players, like you yourself even can play on top player and get results, but the good players will stick with the premium teams where as the experts (not singling out anyone or trying to sound like a prick) will play on top player with avergae/midrange to small teams.

What I'm finding has is that the game is so dam deep, you have to go into every game with a fresh approach, you have to adapt. it's the first game where there isn't some unbeatable tactic to win cheaply.

There does need to be a better balance in terms of fouls on professional but if it's grating you enough, there's top player man, it seems Konami toned down the aggressiveness of the CPU on professional a bit too much

Last edited:
Nah Top player is not unbeatable or like legendary of FIFA where the AI are an army or Ronaldinhio's

Most good players, like you yourself even can play on top player and get results, but the good players will stick with the premium teams where as the experts (not singling out anyone or trying to sound like a prick) will play on top player with avergae/midrange to small teams.

What I'm finding has is that the game is so dam deep, you have to go into every game with a fresh approach, you have to adapt. it's the first game where there isn't some unbeatable tactic to win cheaply.

There does need to be a better balance in terms of fouls on professional but if it's grating you enough, there's top player man, it seems Konami toned down the aggressiveness of the CPU on professional a bit too much

Lets just say I have bad memories with Top Player lol. I agree with most of what your saying though. The tactics that the different teams employ in the ML is astounding: from teams that play scrappy physical football to teams that depend on superior positioning and pinpoint passing, it amazes me sometimes. I could also swear that there is now some rivalry between me and NAC Breda. Every time I play them I leave the game with at least one injury. It's reached the point where I start my second squad because I don't want my young stars getting hurt. The foul issue seems so erratic though, tonight for the first time I had a match with 6 CPU fouls (Damn you NAC Breda!!)

OK all this is that on professional there aren't many fouls by the CPU :) That's it!
There is no issue. fideco, if your not happy with professional, use top player, plenty of fouls there!

Not everyone (me too) likes to play at top level where all players and teams seem to be too much leveled.
AI team move the ball too fast and the percentage of the AI passages succeeded is too high for being true.
Key values as "Agility, Response,Mentality, Teamwork " seem overrated: the rhythm of game is too much frantic
I judge it borderline for my personal taste.

Imho, PES engine has better and realistic gameplay on professional.

Compared to demo, i also think that reducing the ratio foul Konami, as a result, has tuned down the physical play.

Last edited:
Lets just say I have bad memories with Top Player lol. I agree with most of what your saying though. The tactics that the different teams employ in the ML is astounding: from teams that play scrappy physical football to teams that depend on superior positioning and pinpoint passing, it amazes me sometimes. I could also swear that there is now some rivalry between me and NAC Breda. Every time I play them I leave the game with at least one injury. It's reached the point where I start my second squad because I don't want my young stars getting hurt. The foul issue seems so erratic though, tonight for the first time I had a match with 6 CPU fouls (Damn you NAC Breda!!)

It would be interesting to check Breda's squad to see how many players have a high aggression stat. I do like the rivalry assumption though, always nice to have that playing in your mind.

It would be interesting to check Breda's squad to see how many players have a high aggression stat. I do like the rivalry assumption though, always nice to have that playing in your mind.
Yep, and I'll be toddling off tonight to check the aggression stats of Zenit St. Petersburg players, they injured 3 of my players in CL mode last night, nearly 4 but Huddlestone is a man mountain, it'll take more than a studs-up to keep the Hudd floored. Seriously, they chopped the fuck out of my players in their home game. Far less so in the reverse fixture.

played 3 matches yesterday on proffesional against CPU of 15 min. and noticed that sometimes fouls are not given by referee. But there where 'enough' fouls in my opinion. Around 6 a 8 per team.

Especially when im dribbling from outside and than to the box they try to foul me! happend a few times!

Seems to be less strict than normaly imo.
But i didn't play on Top Player yet so hopefully even more fouls there!

have to say that im happy with it like this. Played Pes5 last weeks and there were really too much fouls or too much free kicks less advantage.

I found that Top Player difficulty was absurd - in a sort of good way. I've been playing CL with Sporting, and the CPU pressures a lot more than the demo, and a lot more than expected, actually... So much for the "jog-run bug", now I can barely keep the ball with a defender and think of a passing opportunity, 'cause the attackers are always on high-pressure mode.

It does feel like a challenge, though, but I am looking for my PS3 version to arrive and at least tone the speed to -1, so that - even if they pressure a lot - I get a bit more time to think.

Also, regarding fatigue, I find that the accumulated fatigue between matches in a league/cup has been toned down - at least in CL.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

I've just found another MASSIVE BUG !!!! I dont think it's the original 'green bug' though. :CONFUSE:

1573619947_14ba09829c.jpg

Last edited:
You have to send it to Konami right away! That's probably the biggest bug I've seen in these past months :BLINK:

About the aggression stat, I thought that meant a player with a higher stat would join attack more often?

Wouldn't worry about CPu aggression. NEC just went Banzai against me with a 4-1-5 formation :LMAO:

IT was quite literally 4-1-5, there were 5 strikers up the field, mainly due to them conceding early and going for broke!

Won 3-2 in the end. Datolo :WORSHIP: What a player!

I managed to get fouled by Chelsea's goalkeeper just outside the box, Cech even got booked, that was nice.

And in another game I got 2 penos in the same match, so I don't complain... even though a medium point between the full version and the Demo would've been perfect.

Wouldn't worry about CPu aggression. NEC just went Banzai against me with a 4-1-5 formation :LMAO:

IT was quite literally 4-1-5, there were 5 strikers up the field, mainly due to them conceding early and going for broke!

Won 3-2 in the end. Datolo :WORSHIP: What a player!

Wait till you play them at home. Some real 'dutch' football on display.

Wait till you play them at home. Some real 'dutch' football on display.

:WORSHIP:
pes20112010100620243145.png

Jailens the captain sent off after 2 minutes if it wasn't for a world class display from Romaero, i would've battered them :(

Game did calm down a bit after 30 or so minutes, before that it was like a war :LOL:

Played 2 games yesterday. 12 fouls by the CPU in total (6 fouls each game). And in both games I receive a penalty. Also there was one red card for the CPU (besides a couple of yellow ones). So... no complaining here.

Back
Top Bottom