The Movies Thread

Jurassic world: First 30 minutes were ok but then it became a complete mess,full with infantile humour, no tension, no credible characters. I didn't like Jurassic Park 1 that much back then but compared to this it was a masterpiece. 3/10

Jurassic World isnt a sad story because its a shiny garbage but its because billions loves it and that scares me. JP was a classic with not big story, but with real characters, real emotions, real subtext and it was a scifi what young and adult also can enjoy. and its an incredible cinematography. Still holds up and sat the bar pretty high, what even many movies in these day and age cant reach.

ofcourse it had bloopers and such but one of those movies that i as much can enjoy as i did 20+ yrs ago when i was 6. and that tells something

JW is just a monster movie with cartoon characters and cartoon story, standing on the shoulders of JP like Ian Malcolm said once wisely. nothing original here or any grand idea here to make it the highest grossing movie ever, i dont understand. its like Prometheus to Alien but without such talented actors as Rapace, Elba, Theron, FASSBENDER

Last edited:
Hmm .. got dragged to see Spectre this week .... (havent watched a bond film for years) .. thought id give it a go since things have moved on ...

Daniel Craigs face never changes through the film ... the bad guy isnt in it that much and the actor who plays the bad guy (who nails it in Tarantino films) is made to look pretty middle of the road in this ... I thought it was crap and well over hyped, never again.

I saw a screening review with Mark Kermode before it and I rate him to be honest but after watching the film I felt he sucked up to it too much and didn't really speak his mind enough.

Spectre 6/10

a total mess, they've ruined the franchise with lots of clichés, bad script, weak storyline, poor motivations for the villain, cheap romance.
I would have given it 5/10 but I liked the soundtrack and some action scenes.
Please, if there's a 5th movie, don't hire Sam Mendes.

Jurassic world: First 30 minutes were ok but then it became a complete mess,full with infantile humour, no tension, no credible characters. I didn't like Jurassic Park 1 that much back then but compared to this it was a masterpiece. 3/10

agree 100%

Bridge of Spies - 8/10

I enjoyed the film but something about it bugs me.

I haven't checked yet but I'm pretty sure it was shot on film but many shots are out of focus. I'm not sure whether this was intentional or whether my local Cinema messed up.

Ant-Man Nothing special, nothing groundbreaking but I liked it, it was enjoyable, the shrinking allowed for some funny action-pieces and the characters were likeable. But it has a major plothole regarding the physics it uses to explain the shrinking: The atoms would get drawn nearer to each other, so that the mass should be the same for Ant-Man in his small form. So why then can he ride ants in the small form, or stand upon people? Or what about the miniaturised tank, they shouldn't be able to carry it around their key-chain...
Some cliches were used as well and some predictable plotting, but it still had charm and some nice humour, so overall I rate it a 7/10

Edit: Watched it a second time, liked it some more.

Last edited:
Bridge of Spies 8.5/10

Really better than expected, solid writing, amazing cinematography, and astonishing acting from Mark Rylance. of course Tom Hanks is amazing as always, but Mark was exceptional.

Bridge of Spies - 8/10

I enjoyed the film but something about it bugs me.

I haven't checked yet but I'm pretty sure it was shot on film but many shots are out of focus. I'm not sure whether this was intentional or whether my local Cinema messed up.

Yeah, yeah, very good "bugs", "Shot", spies and all that. :APPLAUD:;)

FD

Creed 9/10

Never been a huge boxing, Rocky fan at all, cant even remember the first one. This movie is amazingly touching tho, great drama with beautiful performances.

Star Wars VII: Nice optics, nice action, nice humour, nice new characters, nice to see old characters, but overall I felt it to be too much on the nostalgia-trip instead of telling an original new story. Felt like a remake of Star Wars IV but not as classy as the original. 6.5/10

Tomorrowland I love this movie, it's creative, exhilirating, has some great action scenes, only the ending (the resolution) feels a bit lame, which drags my verdict down a bit. 8/10

Hateful Eight
7-8/10

it was an outstanding cinematography and acting ofcourse under Tarantino and the story is a nice Clue+Thing mixture...the ending was a bit letdown for me tho. concider its an amazing movie compared to the movies this year or all time...but compared to Tarantino movies its a 7-8/10. my fav are still Pulp Fiction and Inglorious! ^^

Gotta watch Django once again. For the first time it felt long and dragged, maybe its the western i dont like but again Hateful Eight got me on the edge of my seat for the whole movie at least, havent even felt that 2,5 hours.

now you inspired me to watch it :D because i only read mostly negative comments about the movie...

i loved Django.

Django is good but forgettable, nothing special, one of the weakest Tarantino movies, which still is good compared to normal standards.

extraordinary banner! im so gonna watch this :D
deadpoolheaderlove.jpg

Weird banner, hehe. It looks a good bit of fun though.

watched Fantastic 4 (2015), but it wasn't very Fantastic.

6/10 - Maybe being generous with that score, to be honest not a lot really happened.

FD

Watched the Hateful 8 last night, have to admit I was a bit let down. Nothing wrong with how it's made, it's pure quality when it comes to the craft. It's just that when it was done, I didn't really see the point of it.

Also, this made me less excited for it:

Every single character was a total shitbag, except maybe for the driver. Watching them perish one by one didn't make me feel anything for them.

Revenant, for me the perfect movie.... i was stunned from beggining to the end.

It might just be me and my Mrs then, but we found The Revenant incredibly slow and incredibly boring..

Complete drag from about 45 mins to the end.. I felt like I wanted to paint a wall so I would have something better to watch.

Hateful Eight
7-8/10

it was an outstanding cinematography and acting ofcourse under Tarantino and the story is a nice Clue+Thing mixture...the ending was a bit letdown for me tho. concider its an amazing movie compared to the movies this year or all time...but compared to Tarantino movies its a 7-8/10. my fav are still Pulp Fiction and Inglorious! ^^

The bloody door! :RANT: :shiver:

It might just be me and my Mrs then, but we found The Revenant incredibly slow and incredibly boring..

Complete drag from about 45 mins to the end.. I felt like I wanted to paint a wall so I would have something better to watch.

don´t know, it is realy funny, because i read many reviews yesterday with same description....but i was enjoying the movie from start to finish, without anything else to think about :D i was thinking to see it today again :D

shows how different people are..

Back
Top Bottom