The Movies Thread

Her (2013)

f*ck it, i ...this movie is a perfect 10. i dunno how would i make it better. plot, acting, music, like an actuall cinematography, storywise, characters...10/10. i dunno how could i live without this so far :D

Offfft, I thought it was woeful, actually felt uncomfortable watching it, one of the worst and most bizarre movies I've ever watched. It does rank high in some sites though, just wasn't my cup of tea.

FD

Forget what you've heard or what you've read. Go see mad max now! Best action movie in years and by quite some distance

well probably its my fault because i expected a new age Sci-Fi, rather than an cgi packed action thriller with no interesting characters. its a big mess to be honest. really expect something horrible and maybe you can enjoy it. but i would say Lost World and JP3 still have more Jurassic Park vibe than this.

well probably its my fault because i expected a new age Sci-Fi, rather than an cgi packed action thriller with no interesting characters. its a big mess to be honest. really expect something horrible and maybe you can enjoy it. but i would say Lost World and JP3 still have more Jurassic Park vibe than this.

:CRY:

Was looking forward to taking my wife and son to see it too.

We felt disappointed from The Avengers Age of Ultron and was hoping this would be an improvement.

I will keep my monies in my pocket for a more deserving film!

No Country for Old Men

9/10 - I'm not sure if I may have watched this before, as I can recall some of it, however watched the other night. Excellent film, Javier Bardem was superb and one bad-ass villain.

Cold in July

7/10

It was alright, although just got a bit too off the rails in the end. Decent enough though.

FD

San Andreas = 3/10

Big screen only viewing.
Just leave your brain out of it and excuse much of the nonsense and it's still only barely 'ok'
Even my 9 year old son was picking it apart for it's ott scenes and moral questionable stand points!

Raging Bull A 1980 movie from Scorsese filmed in black and white? I had to check it out. It's a great movie, beautifully filmed and brilliantly acted by De Niro, with lots of texture and details to the story told. 9/10

No Country for Old Men

9/10 - I'm not sure if I may have watched this before, as I can recall some of it, however watched the other night. Excellent film, Javier Bardem was superb and one bad-ass villain.

Agreed.

Enjoyed the movie a lot! It had some pretty unique elements.

Love Actually - 8/10

Enjoyed it a lot as it played out, was a bit OTT with the whole Prime Minister part and Martine McCutcheon but still enjoyable.

Grown-Up 2 - 7.5/10

Thought it was real funny at points, kinda ran out of juice in the end though, but decent enough comedy.

FD

Chappie It's f***ing unbelievable how a team that created such a fine movie as "District 9" could create such a dumbfoundingly stupid and unbearably bad movie as "Chappie". -3/10

P.S.: It's not a mistyping, I rated it minus 3/10.

Last edited:
Casablanca This movie was made in 1942 in the midst of worldwar 2, but before the US entered it, and the movie was part of the war-propaganda-movies Hollywood produced to prepare and convince the US-public to enter the war against Nazi-Germany. But do you remember any of the other propaganda-movies from that time? I sure don't, but "Casablanca" survived the tides of time, and when I watched it yesterday for the first time, I now know why: It's a masterpiece of storytelling, character-study and dialogue.
And it manages to be thoroughly entertaining. It's a great genre-mix of romance, drama and comedy, full of memorable scenes and dialogue. And the romance is not sappy, it's presented in such a way that guys and girls can enjoy it.

Rick's character, played well by Humphrey Bogart, has influenced many characters in later movies, for example some of his character has found its way into Han Solo from Star Wars. And Ingrid Bergman was simply adorable. 9/10

Fast & Furious 7

had some well-made scenes (cars from the sky), but overall, poor script, shitty directing. this movies relied too much on CGI in a way that produced a mediocre cinematography.

No film in the franchise tops Fast 5, it was a real and solid action movie.

6/10 for the sake of that Paul Walker scene in the end.

Chappie It's f***ing unbelievable how a team that created such a fine movie as "District 9" could create such a dumbfoundingly stupid and unbearably bad movie as "Chappie". -3/10

Agree, its the stupidest pile of shallow dog S***t I ever wasted my time on, AI for 8 year olds.

Southpaw - 8/10

It's Rocky, basically. Gyllenhaal is amazing, as is hit daughter in the movie, but it's what you expect from this type of movie. Very well told, depressing as hell at times too.

a movie like the Neighbors - wich wasnt that bad but all the jokes are about harsh language, sex, weed and booze - reminds you how much you miss the likes of Chevy Cheese, Tom Hanks, Bill Murray and the 80's, 90's style from these kinda comedy flicks

Last edited:
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - 9/10

Excellent film, reminds me of the first Mission and the TV style cutting and intro.

Ant-Man : 8.5/10

Marvel did it again, I really enjoyed it so much !
being in a size of insects gave the movie the opportunity to explore more action fields, they made amazing scenes !

Southpaw - 8/10

It's Rocky, basically. Gyllenhaal is amazing, as is hit daughter in the movie, but it's what you expect from this type of movie. Very well told, depressing as hell at times too.

Heard good things about it. Might check it out this week or next on cheap night

Back
Top Bottom