The Mobile Phone thread

Re: Best mobile phone out there

Did you get your phone Dags and what did you get?

I can upgrade at the end of the month, I'll get the N95 8Gb. Whether it's with O2 or Vodafone remains to be seen, depending whether O2 will offer me a decent package to stay wih them.

Besides the N95 8Gb, is there any other phones I should consider? The iPhone is out of the question as I'm not paying for a phone when I can get a good one for free.

Also, what are peoples experience with the N95 8Gb battery life?

Buy an iPhone, and unlock it.

Then tell your operator you don't want a phone, and they should give a bigger discount. Or get a cashback deal, and use the SIM in the iPhone :)

^ If you did that, would your iPhone still be able to be synced with your PC iTunes?

Buy an iPhone, and unlock it.

Then tell your operator you don't want a phone, and they should give a bigger discount. Or get a cashback deal, and use the SIM in the iPhone :)

I'm actually thinking about getting one....especially considering the decent prices they are going for now.

A few questions though:
  • I saw a few locked 8GB ones on eBay. Is it easy to unlock myself?
  • In case I stupidly apply a non hacked firmware, will I end up with a brick? :( - is there anyway to revert it?
  • Could I use standard functionality on it? i.e. internet, email etc....?

Heh, I'd rather have a third console for that kind of money. Anyone who pays that for a phone... Well, I won't say. I don't care if it played MP3s and showed football games in 3D, no phone is worth that money IMO.

Jesus, 3 posts at exactly the same time, in a thread that is hardly a busy one! :SHOCK:

Stranger things have happened Tim, my uncle was thrown off his sofa by an earthquake last night.

guys, guys, guys!!!

unlocking, jailbreaking and activating the iphone is now a one-click process.

i bought an iphone from the states at christmas, but had to wait until a fortnight ago to finally unlock it. some smart cookie has now released software that will completely unlock and activate ANY iphone with one-click!

also, never worry about messing up or 'bricking' your iphone, cos you can simply put it in restore mode, connect it to itunes and restore it to the factory settings/firmware!

there really is no risk to unlocking/jailbreaking your new iphone.

also, there seems to be some confusion regarding the 02 contracts.

read this: YOU CAN WALK INTO AN 02 SHOP AND BUY AN IPHONE FOR £270. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT.

then, when you get home, just unlock, jailbreak and activate it in a couple of minutes and stick in your own sim! hey presto!

[*]Could I use standard functionality on it? i.e. internet, email etc....?[/LIST]

Nope, everything works fine :DD

EDIT: Obviosuly your network should have EDGE, and a good data tariff, for it to be worthwhile.

My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked on good old 1.1.1 still :) I'm waiting till they sort out the Google Maps Locator feature for a jailbroken 1.1.3 before I upgrade to that

The N95 pisses all over the Iphone

i saw a test of em both and all the Iphone got marks for was for style

Well I'm currently browsing these forums with the iphone at the moment.

I do have to give it to apple - they have created the most original mobile experience.

It does grow on you...at first I couldn't type using the keypad. But you do get better at it and you have to trust the predictive text if you wanna type fast. Also, like me, if you have big hands - forget about typing with two hands! Just hold the phone with your left hand and use your right index finger to type.

It has got some downfalls and it will take some getting use to - but I hope to see some good times ahead

Back
Top Bottom