The Master League adventures thread

Thanks rockstrongo, it’s good to get the different opinions. I’ve been reading some of the posts on Operation Sports and people are loving it and hating it pretty much the same on evoweb. I might just accept it for what it is. Even if im whacking in perfect shots consistently from my CB (which is unrealistic in my opinion) then it is what it is.

I was looking at this old match from my ML last year. I love these goals at 1:15, 6:40, and 9:25 which is probably the most bizarre finish i have seen in any PES.

That karate kick goal:)
The good old Barnsley save G,good times mate

Celta Vigo 2-0 Las Palmas

Las Palmas get picked apart in Balaídos.

After a poor week in training, Halilovic had to settle for a place on the bench forcing the manager to reshuffle his pack. Sansone dropped back, Lanzini moved more central and Loic Remy benefited by starting as the false 9.

La UD centre half Lemos gifted Celta the lead, failing to control the simplest of passes from Hysaj inside the penalty box. Guidetti took full advantage of the lapse and snuck in to strike the ball home past Bernardoni.

Twenty minutes later and Celta and Guidetti had their second of the night. A sharp one-two between Wass and the Swede gave the striker time to pick his spot and grab his brace.

In a rare foray forward for Las Palmas, five minutes before the half was out, Sansone skinned the defender down the left channel and pinged a low cross in-towards Viera. Unfortunately the 30 year old’s finish found the post and not the back of the net from six yards!

To make things that much harder, Lemos was rightfully given his marching orders midway through the second half. The muscular centre half red carded for absolutely poleaxing Guidetti from behind in the 66th minute.

A game to forget for Las Palmas and certainly for Lemos, who will now miss the game against Real Sociedad.
John "I got food poisoning from bad chicken and couldn't play football for two years" Guidetti.
Fucking hate that guy,and mind you,were both Swedes mate.
Always cheers me up seeing his receding hairline.

Transfer deadline day

With nearly all of the clubs business already concluded there was still time for one last deal at Las Palmas. A case of one in, one out.

Out

30 year old right back David Simón cut ties with the canary island outfit, having been told by the manager that he is surplus to requirements. Simón heads out to the Far East looking for one final pay day, in a €3.8M deal to South Korean side Cheonsang Teayang.

In

Ruben Neves joins for a heavily reduced fee of €5.5M from Wolves, putting pen to paper on a 3 year contract at Estadio Gran Canaria. The former Porto prodigy surprised many when he made the switch from Portugal to the English Championship side, but he now returns south to sunnier climbs in what might be the shrewdest deal of the transfer window.
Sources close to the deal say that the Spanish side battered down the asking price from their counterparts by almost €4.5M!

Expect Neves to slot straight in next to Linetty in the heart of the midfield, at the expense of Gomez.

4B5345BD-D65A-407C-8362-E70C2521ABFE.jpeg

9E4931F8-7A93-4A1D-A767-C5500589BAE6.jpeg

Las Palmas 0-1 Real Sociedad

Sociedad sneak the win in what was an evenly matched encounter between the two La Liga sides.

Early on, in the 6th minute, Lanzini had an effort blocked out on the left. From the resulting corner, Halilovic found his teammate Gomez three yards out, but the defensive midfielder’s header found only the post. So close for Las Palmas!

I’m the 21st minute Ruben Pardo returned the favour for the Basque visitors, cannoning a clean strike off the outside of the left hand post. Bernardoni, at full stretch, looked well beaten.

Deep into the second period, during a prolonged attack inside the Las Palmas final third, Real Sociedad broke the deadlock. Sergio Canales passed into Juanmi, who had finally worked some space six yards out from goal. The forward turned and put the ball low and into the corner past the keepers grasp.

After a reasonable performance, Las Palmas will feel Lady Luck is just not on their side at present. Only one point from a possible twelve, not the start Mendieta was hoping for.

Las Palmas 0-0 Levante

Levante frustrate La UD!

In an early season bottom of the table clash, Levante came to Estadio Gran Canaria with a game-plan.... park the bus! with numbers behind the ball at all times, the claret and blue stripes from the east coast defended deep deep deep and frustrated the home side at every turn.

The best chance of the game came less than 15 minutes before time. Viera heading wide from Hysaj’s left wing cross.

Las Palmas 0-1 Real Sociedad

Sociedad sneak the win in what was an evenly matched encounter between the two La Liga sides.

Early on, in the 6th minute, Lanzini had an effort blocked out on the left. From the resulting corner, Halilovic found his teammate Gomez three yards out, but the defensive midfielder’s header found only the post. So close for Las Palmas!

I’m the 21st minute Ruben Pardo returned the favour for the Basque visitors, cannoning a clean strike off the outside of the left hand post. Bernardoni, at full stretch, looked well beaten.

Deep into the second period, during a prolonged attack inside the Las Palmas final third, Real Sociedad broke the deadlock. Sergio Canales passed into Juanmi, who had finally worked some space six yards out from goal. The forward turned and put the ball low and into the corner past the keepers grasp.

After a reasonable performance, Las Palmas will feel Lady Luck is just not on their side at present. Only one point from a possible twelve, not the start Mendieta was hoping for.

Las Palmas 0-0 Levante

Levante frustrate La UD!

In an early season bottom of the table clash, Levante came to Estadio Gran Canaria with a game-plan.... park the bus! with numbers behind the ball at all times, the claret and blue stripes from the east coast defended deep deep deep and frustrated the home side at every turn.

The best chance of the game came less than 15 minutes before time. Viera heading wide from Hysaj’s left wing cross.

Good video Totti, i liked the fact that in that game there were not many shots and it wasnt so end to end.

One thing that did concern me though is from about 11:40, just after you had a chance, Levante were doing first time passes a lot in and around their penalty area even though you were pressuring them. They done it all the way up the pitch until they had a shot.

What level are you playing? And what settings, is it PA1 or manual? I’m hoping that when i start my ML that the cpu doesnt pass it around like that. I will probably play on Professional or Top Player though. I dont recall PES2017 having that type of passing.

Good video Totti, i liked the fact that in that game there were not many shots and it wasnt so end to end.

One thing that did concern me though is from about 11:40, just after you had a chance, Levante were doing first time passes a lot in and around their penalty area even though you were pressuring them. They done it all the way up the pitch until they had a shot.

What level are you playing? And what settings, is it PA1 or manual? I’m hoping that when i start my ML that the cpu doesnt pass it around like that. I will probably play on Professional or Top Player though. I dont recall PES2017 having that type of passing.

I play PA1 on superstar brother.
I do enjoy the matches where it’s slower and have to break down the opposition.

Eibar 4-3 Las Palmas

Mendieta’s side still without a win after throwing away a two goal lead.

Penalty expert Lemos scored from the spot in the 13th minute after Michel had been brought down by a clumsy challenge inside the box.

Four minutes later and Lanzini doubled the lead with a nice diagonal run. latching onto Sansone’s perfectly weighted pass, the little Argentinian got that extra yard on the defender, and banged a shot inside of the keeper’s righthand post.

The Las Palmas fans were in heaven, if only momentarily, seeing that elusive first win on the distant horizon. Then the wheels gradually started to fall off once again. Sergi Enrich halved the deficit for the hosts in the 30th minute. The striker stole a march on his marker Upamecano to turn Kike’s pass in low past Bernardoni, finishing off a nice move built down the right flank.

Kike turned goalscorer in the 43rd minute to draw Eibar level, collecting Junca’s long pass then showing fantastic strength to hold of the centre back Lemos, before tucking the ball away.

It was a game to forget for the Las Palmas no.1. Bernardoni gifted Eibar their 3rd goal, completing the comeback for the home side. The young pair of hands flapped at Dani Garcia’s corner whipped in from the left, allowing Escalante virtually a free header at goal. Poor goalkeeping!

Las Palmas still had some fight in them though, Lanzini grabbed his brace and his sides equaliser, connecting on the half volley just ahead of the keeper. It was an assured finish from the advanced midfielder but an even better spot from the right back Michel. The Brazilian’s lofted ball from the inside right pure class to find the Argentinian.

Eibar had one more goal in them though, and deserved the win. Kike grabbing his second of the game, flicking the ball past Bernardoni from six yards with the outside of his boot. Garcia notching his second assist of the day, with a lofted pass into the striker from deep.

Great win for Eibar. Bad loss for Las Palmas.

Last edited:
Copa Del Rey

Osasuna 2-0 Las Palmas

(first round 1st leg)

Las Palmas stunned by lively Osasuna!

You would have to say that Mendieta may come to regret the raft of changes he made in this cup tie, with a first round exit now a distinct possibility. First team regulars Halilovic, Linetty, Lemos and Hysaj were all rested. Attacking midfielder Tannane was given his first start of season. Whilst Gomez, Bigas and Castellano all started too.

Osasuna made their mark through Coris in the 14th minute, in what was a bright attacking opening from the home side. Osasuna broke down the right and Quique hung a ball up at the back post where left winger Sebas Coris came steaming in to leap highest and head down into the net and out of Bernardoni’s grasp.

Provider turned scorer in the 44th minute with Quique getting the rub of the green to tuck away a loose ball. Xisco’s tame shot had hit the underside of Bigas and bounced into the path of the striker. Bernardoni had no chance from eight yards.

Las Palmas 2 (2) - (2) 0 Osasuna
(First Round 2nd leg)

Las Palmas record a first victory of the season (in any competition) and squeeze through to the next round on penalties.

Ruben Neves peach of a strike midway through the first half gave Las Palmas hope of overturning the two goal deficit from the first leg. An important first goal for his new club;

Recently placed on the transfer list, Loic Remy has still gone about his work professionally, enough to be trusted with substitute cameo’s by Mendieta. This time it paid off big time! The substitute combined beautifully with Viera and Halilovic deep inside Osasuna’s final third. Halilovic’s back heel gifting the French forward enough space to prod the ball past the keeper. All square in the 89th minute to take the match to extra time.

Extra time flew by without incident, leaving the result of this match down to penalties.

Lemos, Viera, Halilovic and Gomez all tucked away their spot kicks leaving Bernardoni the chance to shine. The young goalkeeper becoming the hero, saving Quique’s spot kick low down and then putting off Oier just enough for the player to hit the outside of the right hand post!

Well. What a turnaround for Mendieta’s boys. A first victory of the season couldn’t have come at a better time. The big boys, Real Madrid to come in the second round!

Started with my Rodos team in a created Mediterranean Super League with Greek, Turkish and Cypriot teams.

Going ok on superstar level, but sometimes the CPU takes the piss.

Diagoras my rivals are strolling the league at the moment.

Just beat them 3-1 with a double from new loanee Mitroglu, his last game, his debut was a 7-0 defeat to Istanbul B, Erdinc scored 6, lol, absurd shit.

FD

2nd season with Villareal was less successful.
Finished 7th in Liga with much much better squad than previous season, failed to retain Copa del Rey, knocked by Sevilla in quarter final. Finished 3rd in CL group stage, then knocked out by Arsenal in the last 32 in Europa League.

Into the 3rd season, no players in no players out. I have a large squad (30) and failed to sell any player in the transfer window. No clubs came calling. I have to "skip one hour" 15 fooking times!

2nd season with Villareal was less successful.
Finished 7th in Liga with much much better squad than previous season, failed to retain Copa del Rey, knocked by Sevilla in quarter final. Finished 3rd in CL group stage, then knocked out by Arsenal in the last 32 in Europa League.

Into the 3rd season, no players in no players out. I have a large squad (30) and failed to sell any player in the transfer window. No clubs came calling. I have to "skip one hour" 15 fooking times!

Wow, that’s extremely rare not to get a bid for anyone. Especially with such a big squad

Contract Extensions

(something I forgot to mention) Prior to transfer deadline day, Mendieta managed sit down with agents and thrash out some new contracts for a number of important first team players and also some squad based players who all had only 12 months to run on contracts. (even if to guarantee making money on them in the future).

Halilovic and Michel are both pivotal players in the system Mendieta is trying to implement at the club. These were the highest priority.

Chichizola is the recognised back up keeper so was important to get on board. Bigas Has a wealth of experience at centre back and will see a lot of game time rotating with Lemos and new signing Upamecano.

Calleri offers something different up top if and when mendieta utilises a different system. Remy, Dani Castellano and Hernan will all be used occasionally, but considering there age and relatively high transfer values they may be moved on in the future (if the price is right).

Lastly is Toledo, a young attacking winger with pace to burn. This guy does not fit into the system but is such a talented player that I had to try and retain him. Let me tell you though, he was an absolute bugger to tie down. Negotiations took nearly two months and in the end Mendieta could only get the young prospect to sign a 1 year extension.

Just started a Master League with Parma on default team, Serie B, Challenge, superstar (and the usual Kilay OF/Parham's GP of course).
I've bought goalkeeper Fabiano, good sign for a second division, already avoided me more than a goal feast.. and then from youth team, as always the magic Niellender plus Siegkedule.. or how the hell is that midfielder guy called..

By the way, 3 nice games.. two defeats and a draw, as expected.. the game is very hard but not frustating until now.. I'm enjoying the slow pace of this championship and the cautious build up style I have to play.. forcing ping pong won't get you far here..

Talking about this, one word on the "stats don't matter" topic.. if you already haven't, try just two games with this default guys and come back telling me "stats don't matter, all players are exactly the same ;)".. I've played mostly big teams in the past months and the difference here is like abyssal. I can sense a difference in letting play Coutinho (the default one of course, not the Liverpool star :D) or Yankov based only on their physical stats difference. Same thing when I put in Niellender with his high base explosive power..

Las Palmas 1-0 Espanyol

Remy the super-sub strikes again, earning Las Palmas a first La Liga victory!

La UD’s set piece expert Lemos was unlucky not to give his side the lead in the 52nd minute after Navarro had fouled Sansone recklessly from behind. The centre half’s near perfect free kick from 25 yards out struck the underside of the bar and bounced out with the Espanyol keeper López, well beaten.

Within sixty seconds of his 80th minute introduction, Loic Remy connected perfectly with Halilovic’s out swinging corner to seal a first three points of the season for Las Palmas. The ex-Chelsea hitman scoring with his first touch!

Two minutes later and Remy almost doubled the lead, stretching the Espanyol defence with his pace and cracking a low effort towards the bottom corner. López though, displayed quick reflexes to push around his near post.

Valencia 2-1 Las Palmas

Mendieta’s return to the Mestalla an unhappy one.

Yet things could have turned out differently had Las Palmas held onto an early lead courtesy of Sansone’s 5th minute strike. the Italian caressed the ball on his knee before firing in on the half volley after Murillo had failed to clear Viera’s right wing cross.

Valencia hit back in explosive fashion with their own Italian forward displaying his predatory instincts in the 20th minute. Catching the La UD defensive line high up the pitch, Zaza bore down on goal, holding off the presence of former teammate Linetty and hitting the top left corner of the net with deadly accuracy.

Diogo Jota, a player Mendieta had himself brought back to Spain, sealed the victory for Los Che. latching onto a Zaza through ball down the centre, the Spaniard produced a nice piece of tight skill before dispatching the ball past Bernardoni to seal the win.

Las Palmas 2-1 Granada

Lanzini double downs Granada.

During the opening exchanges of the match yellow shirts could be seen chasing down the visitors like a pack of rabid dogs, harrying and harassing the Granada players until mistakes were made. The tireless pressing paid off when, With 17 minutes on the clock, Lanzini capitalised on a wayward back pass on the edge of the Granada box, gaining a clear run on goal before curling the ball past the keeper from 12 yards.

No less than six minutes later and Lanzini was at it again. With his back to goal, the midfielder received the ball into feet from Viera and proceeded to roll his marker beautifully before scoring with his left foot into the bottom corner. Viera has been given far too much space to saunter forward and pick a pass in the build up to the goal.

Short on wins this season, Las Palmas are far from assured when it comes to closing out matches, and that showed here today. From the 70th minute onwards, Mendieta’s men looked increasingly shaky with the defense creaking one too many times before finally conceding in the 78th minute. Lemos was at fault, being pulled out of position,and the gap left exploited by Victor Diaz. the fullback’s chip over the top finished confidently by Machís.

Las Palmas somehow managed to hold on to claim only a second La Liga victory of the season so far.

Sporting Gijón 1-2 Las Palmas

Las Palmas revival continues with victory at Estadio El Molinón.

The away side were under the kosch for much of the first half. Sporting centre forward Castro came closest to breaking the deadlock with a headed attempt from six yards in the 27th minute. But Las Palmas weathered the storm, and in the second half Lanzini and co managed to get their foot on the ball as the visiting side began to come into their own.

In fact, it only took three second half minutes for La UD to silence the 28,000 strong home crowd support. Lanzini made a darting sprint in from the left and Ruben Neves fed the ball into the path of his run. Sansone took away the other defender with a dummy run to create a big gap in the middle, leaving Lanzini the time and space to bury the ball in the bottom right corner. A very good goal, and a 5th of the season for Manuel Lanzini.

Castro’s 65th minute rasping drive reminded Mendieta’s men there was still a long way to go till the final whistle. Flying from the forward’s right boot before crashing off the outside of Bernardoni’s right hand post.

In his first appearance of the season, forgotten forward Tana came on to replace Sansone. The lively substitute’s impact was immediate, getting in behind the Sporting defense seven minutes before time and having a crack from a tight angle down the inside right of the penalty box. Too hot to handle, the keeper could only push the ball into the path of Las Palmas midfielder Neves, who simply rolled the ball into an empty net.

After some late drama in the Las Palmas 18 yard box there was still time for one more goal. Lanzini scoring again, but this time at the wrong end! His back pass caught Bernardoni off guard (or napping) and rolled an into empty net, ensuring there would be no clean sheet for Las Palmas today.

An important win over Sporting Gijón pulls Mendieta’s team out of the relegation zone and creates a nice little buffer between Las Palmas and today’s opponents.

Hi guys, I am back playing PES after not having owned a playstation for ten years. I started with FIFA 2017 but switched to PES for this season. It is so much better than FIFA. I really enjoyed my first ML season with Ascoli in Serie B and the default squad.

I have a question: when extending the contracts of your players in 90% of the cases the player wants to have a 'fixed transfer fee' in his contract as clause. If I deny this clause then I have 0% chance to extend his contract. How do you guys get around this? Or is this normal?

Cheers

Hi guys, I am back playing PES after not having owned a playstation for ten years. I started with FIFA 2017 but switched to PES for this season. It is so much better than FIFA. I really enjoyed my first ML season with Ascoli in Serie B and the default squad.

I have a question: when extending the contracts of your players in 90% of the cases the player wants to have a 'fixed transfer fee' in his contract as clause. If I deny this clause then I have 0% chance to extend his contract. How do you guys get around this? Or is this normal?

Cheers

Hey dude, are you playing in challenge mode (which is harder) or classic mode?
I play in challenge mode and I’ve never been able to sign a new player or renew the contract of an existing player without including a release clause fee. They almost always want one. All you can do is try to negotiate with the player so that the release fee is really high (favouring you).

Barcelona 4-0 Las Palmas

Las Palmas thumped at the camp nou!

You have to give credit to Las Palmas here today, attempting to go toe to toe with the spanish giants and in some ways the two teams are similar, both pressing constantly and both linking with short sharp passing. But there can be no disguising the difference between the two sides when it comes to the final third of the pitch and delivering that all important end product. Barca do in Aces!

Suarez opened the scoring for Barca, poking home from 8 yards in the 24th minute.

Seven minutes later and Messi doubled the lead, scoring the goal of the game from the edge of the Las Palmas 18 yard box. A tight piece of control to the right of the D and a low curling finish... I’ll say no more.

Barca’s third was a little more scrappy, but they all count. Suarez sliding in at the backpost three minutes after the restart to bundle the ball home. Bernardoni had spilt the ball into the Uruguayan’s path having saved Semedo’s initial effort.

Lanzini and Sansone both popped up with a couple of attempts for the visitors, stinging the gloves of the Catalonia keeper, in a desperate attempt to claw a way back into the match. A task made impossible when Lionel Messi added a fourth for Barcelona. springing the offside trap, the Argentinian forward raced clear of the halfway line and lobbed Bernardoni from 20 yards out after the Las Palmas keeper had raced of his line in a last ditch attempt to thwart the forward.

The yellow shirts of Gran Canaria were sent packing, schooled in art of finishing by a far superior side.

Las Palmas 0-2 Athletic Bilbao

Bilbao swat aside Las Palmas.

Atletico Bilbao are a team in hot form, with today’s eye catching counter attacking display the Basque side’s fifth win on the spin.

Las Palmas came at Bilbao and the visitors soaked up the early pressure before striking against the run of play. With 19 on the clock Muniain curled in a low effort through a sea of yellow shirts from just inside the 18 yard box. Rather unfortunately for Las Palmas, Bernardoni was unsighted by all the congestion in front of him.

Muniain turned provider in the 63rd minute to tee up Aduriz from close range. A good finish, wrong footing Bernardoni down to his right.

Sevilla 1-1 Las Palmas

Mixed bag performance see’s Toledo shine and Lemos frustrate.

As is so often the case for Las Palmas they were caught on the hop, conceding the opener after losing possession and being hit on the counter. United States midfielder Michael Bradley broke into the right hand side of the box and squared the ball to Stieber, rushing in between the two centre half’s, before stabbing Sevilla ahead from 6 yards.

With half time fast approaching Escudero gifted Las Palmas a way back into the match. From a short goal kick the Sevilla left back relinquished possession sloppily with his blind pass falling straight into the path of Las Palmas midfielder Viera. The tanned 30 year old took full advantage of Escudero’s gift, racing into the area to finish low and hard past the out of position Soria.

Despite the first booking being a tad harsh, Lemos deserved to see red for a reckless challenge mid-way through the second half, setting up a nervy end to the match for the visitors.

If Lemos was the villain then Toledo could be considered the opposite, in a rare start for the young precocious talent. The winger was fearless in his play and constantly looked a threat when running at the Sevilla defenders, giving the manager some food for thought with a busy christmas period coming up...

Las Palmas 1-1 Alaves

Honours even on a wet afternoon in Gran Canaria.

Bigas started in place of the suspended Lemos at centre back.

Mendieta’s mood must have been as horrid as the weather when he witnessed his players concede in only the 6th minute. Despite the close attention of two defenders, Doucouré had too much strength in his locker when running towards the Las Palmas goal. The former Watford midfielder looked up and spotted Munir, running from deep, and teed the ball up on the edge of the area for the forward to hit first time past the dive of Bernardoni. poor defending from the hosts.

Credit given where credits due, Las Palmas remained patient in their build up play, despite the appalling conditions, and got their just desserts, bagging an equaliser one minute into first half stoppage time. Over on the left hand touchline Lanzini drew in the Alaves right back with a neat drag back before bursting away towards the byline and sending in the cross at pace. The ball deflected away from Halilovic, off the back of the challenging defender, and fell at the boot of JonathanViera arriving late at the back stick. The attacking midfielder grabbed his second goal in successive games, finishing explosively into the roof of the net.

With the rain sodden pitch making it nigh on impossible to string more than a couple of passes together, this contest finished a goal apiece.

Las Palmas 2-0 Leganés

Las Palmas stroll to victory.

Las Palmas were in complete control throughout this fixture, containing their opponents from the mainland with relative ease. Still, it took a moment of brilliance for the home side to open the scoring.

Siovas received a yellow card in the 20th minute for a stray elbow, catching Viera square in the jaw. A red would’ve been fully justified for the Greek centre back. Up stepped La UD’s very own centre back Mauricio Lemos to hit a wonderful free kick, from 25 yards, up and over the wall.

Substitute Loic Remy proved to be very effective once more, coming off the bench and stretching the Leganés defense late on. The pacey front man linked up with Lanzini in the 82nd minute to score on the 2nd attempt after Serantes had saved his initial effort. The Legionaries keeper was particularly unlucky not to keep out Remy’s second shot, with the ball striking him on the floor and spinning up into the net.

A good showing from Las Palmas today.

Deportivo La Coruña 1-1 Las Palmas

Las Palmas left frustrated at the Abancar Riazor.

With Hysaj and Sansone both lacking in training, Castellano and Remy were given the nod to start.

Viera scored his third goal in four games to put Las Palmas ahead in the 10th minute, rising highest to meet Michel’s right wing cross. Goal line technology was in full swing for this one with the fourth official confirming the entire ball had crossed the line. it had initially appeared as though Pantilimon had performed a miraculous save to keep the header out but unfortunately for the keeper, and Deportivo, that was not the case.

Despite the goal, with Remy leading the line things simply weren’t clicking for Las Palmas. The forward was hauled off by the manager at half time with Toledo coming on in his place and Lanzini pushing forward, in a tactical reshuffle, to be deployed as the false no.9 Mendieta seems to favour.

Still, things did not get much better for the visitors with Deportivo La Coruña completely snuffing out any creative influence Halilovic tried to impose on the game. Truth be told, purely on chances created, Las Palmas were lucky to escape Northern Spain with a point.

Depor’s equaliser came in the 72nd minute after some tidy footwork from Andone allowed the no.10 space to push the ball wide to Rosenior. The ageing full back lifted the ball into the box where JuanFran arrived just in time to nod in ahead of Bernardoni’s attempted punch. Bernardoni had kept his side in it up until this point, so no fault could be laid at the feet of the young keeper for conceding the goal.

Last edited:
Las Palmas 2-0 Real Betis

La UD stroll to victory over sorry Betis

Don’t be fooled by the scoreline, this was a walk in the park for the home side and had Sansone been more prolific in front of goal we could have witnessed a rout here today. Defensively Betis are all over the place and on today’s evidence it’s easy to see why the southern spanish side are rock bottom of La Liga.

Lanzini’s snapshot bulged the back of the net as early as the 6th minute. Halilovic’s deflected pass had fallen kindly to the ex-hammers favourite, who struck from 10 yards just to the left of the penalty spot beating Adán low down to his left.

Fast forward 10 minutes and a laughable defensive mix up allowed Halilovic to double the lead from a mere yard out. Navarro and Adán contriving to make a complete hash of clearing Sansone’s chipped pass and leaving Halilovic with the simplest of tap-ins.

Nearly halfway into the season and Real Betis have yet to pick up a single victory in La Liga. The green and white stripes are something of an enigma. On paper they contain players more than capable of matching the best but something just isn’t quite right, not right at all.

Villarreal 2-1 Las Palmas

Villarreal’s strike duo the difference as the yellow submarines sink Las Palmas.

Through an early lapse of concentration Las Palmas were caught napping down the right hand side, allowing Soriano to race towards the byline unchecked. The Spaniard got his head up and picked out young forward Enes Ünal, arriving at the back post. The Turkish striker nutted the ball down and in off the left hand post, giving Villarreal a third minute lead.

Twenty minutes in and Halilovic bagged his second goal in back to back games to drag the Gran Canaria outfit back into the match. The young Croat fed off Lanzini’s lay off inside the penalty box, and his shot hit the left hand post on its way in from 12 yards.

On the balance of play Las Palmas deserved something from this match, but at the top level, football can be unforgiving, such was the case when Bakambu stole the points for Villarreal in the 53rd minute.

Seemingly uncatchable, Lemos somehow recovered brilliantly to catch up and block Ünal’s attempt on goal after the forward had been sent racing away towards the penalty down the right side of the pitch. But despite the centre back’s lung busting efforts, Lemos could only look on in dismay as Bakambu stole half a yard over Upamecano to turn in the loose ball. The Congolese hitman following up like all top strikers should.

A first defeat in five matches for Las Palmas.

Las Palmas 0-1 Osasuna

Smash and grab stuns Las Palmas!

Despite his Player’s best efforts, Mendieta’s side could not find the back of the Osasuna net.

Having piled on the pressure for the opening 25 minutes, La UD somehow found themselves a goal down in the 27th minute. Marcel rising up highest to convert Roberto Torres corner from the left.

Las Palmas were momentarily shell shocked and had Bernardoni not been on top of his game, the home side surely would’ve found themselves two goals down only three minutes after conceding the first. The young keeper spread himself brilliantly to deny Roberto Torres what looked like a certain goal, after Upamecano had relinquished possession cheaply, allowing the Osasuna front man a free run on goal.

Las Palmas created numerous chances but none as a clear cut as that of Viera’s in the 85th. The attacking midfielder side footed his attempt straight at the Osasuna keeper, after Michel’s pass had given Viera a clean sight of goal down the right of the six yard box.

A disappointing loss for Las Palmas. Not what Mendieta’s side needed with a daunting run of fixtures on the horizon..... Real Madrid THREE times in a row followed by a trip to their neighbours Atletico! Tough times ahead.

La Liga Standings (half way)

B9F419CE-BF6C-4DBD-B85B-20C6A008F8B5.jpeg

After 19 games played there is not too much to say about this picture right here. No shocks, no surprises. If you were a betting man you would’ve pretty much had the league table looking similar when casting your mind ahead.

Perhaps Celta Vigo maybe should be punching a bit higher. Even Sevilla could be doing slightly better, considering the resources available to the club. Real Betis and Real Sporting (Gijón) are in a sorry state of affairs at the foot of the table. Las Palmas manager Mendieta needs to start putting a winning run together if his side is to close the gap on the teams in mid-table..... keeping the manager in a job

January window opens

It’s the new year and that means transfer time!

Out in the Canary Islands Mendieta has wasted no time in shaking things up, with deals already set in place. Las Palmas are bringing two in and letting two go, with a couple of big names shifting places.

OUT

Starting with a small piece of business, Borja Herrera moves on from Las Palmas for a nominal fee of €900k. Joining Perugia in Seria B on a two year deal.

Despite his incredible raw talent, Mendieta has had to let Toledo depart La UD for a sizeable fee. The Argentinian winger takes his craft to England in a €19.7M deal, joining west London outfit Brentford on a 3 year contract. Such a shame for Las Palmas to lose a player with so much potential but he simply didn’t fit the system at the club.

IN

Felix Passlack joins from 1899 Hoffenheim on a 2.5 year deal at a steal for only €4.5M

D4D21E19-9276-4D17-BA87-79FF190526DA.jpeg
3CFCD5F3-F389-493B-BAEF-118C1654D1F8.jpeg

The German full back was transfer listed by Hoffenheim an Las Palmas moves to take full advantage of the situation. Passlack, arriving with bags of pace, will represent real competition (and respite) for current Las Palmas right back Michel.

Riyad Mahrez signs for €18.1M!

788C37ED-3966-4F0E-920E-B4014A2E8AC8.jpeg
FF258A5D-AF08-4044-BB5F-A2ABC18A183A.jpeg

It’s been a turbulent year for the former Premier League champion. Leaving the club where he made his name, the Leicester City hero joined Conte’s Chelsea almost a year ago to the day. However, Mahrez has been unable to hold down a regular first team place at the London giants with flashes of his brilliance few and far between. This led to the Algerian star wanting out and Las Palmas have offered him an avenue, but it comes at a hefty cost. Mahrez has put pen to paper on whopping €4.3M a year deal that will run for 4 years.

Las Palmas manager Gaizka Mendieta will be hoping he’s worth it, and that the former Foxes favourite can be the catalyst to catapult his side up the table.

Real Madrid 1-0 Las Palmas

Madrid squeeze past Las Palmas

Loic Remy, in today for Sansone, really should have sent the away side into the break one nil to the good, but the French forward saw his chipped effort from the corner of the six yard box well saved by the finger tips of Kiko Casilla. That would turn out to be the Gran Canaria outfits only really chance of the match.

Benzema was in fine fettle for this one, engineering numerous chances for himself and others. However, Las Palmas goalie Bernardoni was on fire in between the sticks, coming up trumps time and time again, keeping out the French/Algerian forward, Ronaldo and Isco on multiple occasions. The young keeper, plucked from relative obscurity out of Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot, has been a shining light in what has otherwise been nothing more than a transitional season for the yellow jerseys of Las Palmas.

Such a shame then that the Las Palmas keeper was let down by his teammate in the lead up to the winner from Ronaldo. Upamecano remained absolutely rooted to the spot as Benzema’s right wing delivery met its mark. That’s two games in a row now that the centre half has gifted the opponent an opportunity. Only this time it cost Las Palmas the match.

Defensively, barring that lapse from Upamecano, Las Palmas held their own against the champions. However, La UD offered diddly squat going forward and will need to up their game if they are to hold any hope of progressing against the same opposition up next in the Copa Del Rey.

Real Madrid 4-0 Las Palmas
(Copa del Rey 2nd Round, 1st leg)

Ronaldo sparks second half whipping of Las Palmas.

Cavalier, brave? Or stupid? Las Palmas attacked Madrid in waves on a cold night at the Bernabeu, but with no end product. Real soaked up the pressure for 45 first half minutes before coming out in the second half and picking apart their opponents in a devastating fashion.

Only two minutes after the restart Ruben Neves was caught out trying to be cute with possession in a dangerous position inside his own half. Asensio read the Las Palmas midfielder’s fake and outmuscled him, stealing the ball and feeding it into his team mate Cristiano Ronaldo. With Lemos and Upamecano caught on the back foot, Ronaldo manoeuvred the ball onto his right foot and picked his spot from 25 yards. A wonderful finish past Bernardoni Into the bottom left corner.

Uncharacteristic poor goalkeeping from Bernardoni enabled Asensio to nip in and double the lead in the 66th minute. Bernardoni should have held onto the ball after Isco’s attempted header was initially blocked and fell at the feet of the keeper, but he pushed it straight into the path of Asensio, who finished from close range.

There was no finding fault with the keeper four minutes later when Ronaldo made it 3-0. Bernardoni had got down well to parry Asensio’s low drive, but the Portuguese star was ever present gobbling up the rebound.

Asensio completed the rout from close range. The Spanish starlet Swivelled and side footed past a dejected looking Las Palmas keeper in the 90th minute, putting this cup tie to bed before the return leg has even been contested.

Las Palmas will need a miracle to progress after this demoralising defeat.

Las Palmas (2) 2-2 (6) Real Madrid
(Copa del Rey 2nd Round, 2nd leg)

A Spirited fight back from the second string contingent restores pride to Las Palmas.

With Mendieta knowing it would be near on impossible for his side to progress, the manager decided to rest key players and keep them fresh for the important up and coming La Liga fixture at the Wanda Metropolitano against Atlético Madrid. Bernardoni, Hysaj, Lanzini and Sansone were all given a much needed rest. Up stepped Chichizola for a rare appearance between the sticks and in came Castellano, Mahrez for his debut and Remy spear heading the attack.

It started badly for Las Palmas, going behind to a Ronaldo strike before the match was 10 minutes old. The prolific striker was given far too much time and space inside the penalty area to turn and hit a shot past the stand in keeper.

After 23 minutes Chichizola was picking the ball from the net again after Ronaldo had been sent racing clear by none other than Harry Kane. Ronaldo outpaced Lemos and powered a shot into the bottom corner.

Things were looking bleak for Las Palmas but they managed to end the half without conceding another and came out in the second half with a renewed sense of purpose. Real Madrid really didn’t get a sniff of the ball in the second half with Las Palmas moving the ball really well.

Mahrez curled in as appetising cross as you will see from a dead ball situation over on the left, 30 yards from the Madrid goal. The inch perfect free kick dropped right onto the toe of the substitute striker Tana, on for Remy, and he finished calmly into the bottom corner from all of six yards.

Fellow substitute, defensive midfielder Vicente Gómez, completed the comeback for La UD, stealing the ball from the left toe of Marcelo following Mahrez’s dangerous in-swinging corner in the 89th.

Las Palmas gave everything in this tie and can walk away proud in the fact that they matched a full strength Madrid side here today.

Felix Passlack joins from 1899 Hoffenheim on a 2.5 year deal at a steal for only €4.5M

d4d21e19-9276-4d17-ba87-79ff190526da-jpeg.2564

3cfcd5f3-f389-493b-baef-118c1654d1f8-jpeg.2565

The German full back was transfer listed by Hoffenheim an Las Palmas moves to take full advantage of the situation. Passlack, arriving with bags of pace, will represent real competition (and respite) for current Las Palmas right back Michel.

This guy was definitely a beast in my ML save.
Sign him in my first season at 72 OPR, having at least one blinking arrow per season and he's boosted into 85 OPR in my 3rd Season. Still can't believe that this player is THAT good :DD:DD

Hopefully I’ll reap the benefits then. Although I’ve got a soft spot for my existing right back Michel, so Passlack will have to work hard to dislodge him

Back
Top Bottom