The Master League adventures thread

Hey guys, just an update on where I am this season. My team, Liverpool, are currently top of the Premier League, ahead by 8 points over Manchester United with something like 15 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat. The next 2 games are crucial - against Chelsea and Man Utd. Winning both would give me an excellent lead against the 2nd and 3rd place rivals.

I am having a serious rivalry with United. Last season, towards the end, in a must-win game, they hammered me 3-0, and that game, along with drawing 2-2 with Oldham Athletic (used to be Besiktas but I renamed them) cost me the Premier League, which I haven't won in 6 attempts now. I was just 1 point off Chelsea, the closest I have ever come.

Anyway, currently Liverpool are out of the FA Cup (knocked out in the first round by...guess who? Yep. United!) and out of the Champions League having finished 3rd in the group stage (losing to Bayern Munich 1-0 and 3-0 and Juventus 3-1...ouch) but I am still in the Europa League and have knocked out Roma. I haven't won the Europa League yet so now is my best chance I think. Bought Park Chu Young (correct spelling?) this season, he is amazing. 18 League goals already, and we still have about 8 or so games to go, I think he will easily break my all-time league goal record of 23...hopefully with a hat-trick against United along the way :D

Heeeey lads. Quick update. Doing well, still 8 points ahead of Manchester United. Beat Chelsea 3-0 and then drew against United 1-1. United were very good, dominated the first half and I admit I was lucky to put them under pressure and they conceded an own goal in the last 20 minutes or so.

The next game against Rangers (a team I beat 7-1 earlier in the season) was a bit of a disappointment, I drew 2-2 after coming from behind only to concede in the last few minutes, but United failed to win their game so the gap remained the same. There are only 6 games remaining, meaning 18 points maximum to pick up, so if I can get 10, from those 6 games, I'll take the title!

Hammered Benfica out of it in the Quarter-Finals in the Europa League 6-0 over 2 legs. In the Semi's I've drawn Aston Villa who are also in the Premier League and who I have beaten twice already this season, so I think it's a safe bet that I'll be on course for the Finals :)

Hello again! Liverpool took both the Premier League title and Europa League cup! That was a satisfying end to the season. I picked up the official guide to Pro Evo 6 during the week and it has really opened up the game for me, it is amazing how much depth there is to the game.

I figured out the importance of special skills/talents that some players possess, like for instance the D-Line or Covering stars -Costacurta has both of those and is a great defender.

I've also switched some players around in positions, for instance Raul Garcia who normally played as a central midfielder is now an attacking midfielder because he has the playmaker attribute.

I sold off Luis Garcia and Warnock at the end of the season and let go of Sissoko, I have plenty of options for their positions and I wanted to free up some places to make a bid for one or two players during the Transfer Window, but none of my bids were successful, so my squad is not at it's full as we go into the new season :/ That's a worry.

We started off the season with a friendly against the World's best 11. Torres and Smith we're upfront in opposition and really caused us problems but Reina held out and so did our defence. Made some changes in the last 10 minutes, brought on Aguero and he smashed a header home to give us a 1-0 victory.

Also won our first league game against Aston Villa 1-0, so our season is off to a good start!

Hello mates!

Currently in my 2014/15 season with Wanderman United in the English Premier League. The season is going well so far as we are 15 points ahead of Everton & Liverpool in the League. Only thing that bothers me is that the teams in the Champions League are getting weaker as each season pass. We are grouped with Standard Liege, Slavia Praha and Sochaux-Montbeliard. Long gone are the days when we had to battle it out with Valencia and Milan in the group stages. Player of the Season so far has been Kim Cyun Hi who has already notched 20 goals in 15 matches, he is one of the ML Youths which i got for a bargain in the Newcomers group. Certainly a player in the same class as Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Just ended an epic 7-4 classic with Arsenal, the season just can't get any better than this.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WANDERMAN UNITED

09/10 D2 Champions, D2 Cup Winner
10/11 Barclays Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners
11/12 Barclays Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners
12/13 Barclays Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners, Europa League Winners
13/14 Barclays Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners

Last edited:
Completed my first season with New Castle United with 2nd place and promoted to EPL with middlesbrough who was in first place. Lost both games to middlesbrough.
Sold Nolan at the end of the season to Porto at 11 million dollars.
Buyed Laquinta,pranjic,Gekas,romaric as free agent.
Now trying to buy Nasri from arsenal, but still not succeded.
Played two games in First division till now :- Lost to everton and 2-0 win over sunderland(laquinta scored on his debut ) :P

i ALWAYS get some BREAKDOWN when im going to negotiating with other team

give me some tips so i can have my favorite player in my team

kumakuya -

It's tricky. Some players are just plain greedy and will hold out for huge amounts of transfer fee's and signing on fee's. Most players won't join your club until your high enough in the Master League rankings.

If your on a difficulty setting of medium, you can actually see a rating for players who are more likely to want to join your club, but at the highest setting, you can't see. When in the transfer screen, if you press the right or left directional pad, you can cycle through player fee's and the likeliness of that player joining your club. That's my understanding anyway.

Basically, Cristiano Ronaldo is unlikely to join Sheffield United until Sheffield United have won atleast the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup a few times. That's my experience.

I know everyone is talking about PES 2011, but i'm still enjoying my MLs on my little ol' PS2. This post is due to an historic season i have just finished, with my RKC Waalwijk PES2010 ML (one of a few PS2 MLs i'm playing).

It was historic in two ways. I had an awful 2012/2013 domestic season. This was my fourth year i had kept Waalwijk in the Eredivisie, since taking over as boss. European commitments, having over-achieved and qualified the season prior, appeared to have hampered our domestic form somewhat, as we languished in and just above the relegation zone all season long.

The final day of the season thus saw us second from bottom, needing a win to survive. It was therefore like a cup final for us. Alas, we played out a frustrating 0-0 draw with Sparta Rotterdam and we were relegated to the second division. I have to say, this is the first time EVER, that i have been relegated in my long history of playing ISS PE/PES. So it feels a bit weird. :COAT:

However, having tumbled into the Europa League from the Champions League group stages, we somehow managed to play all the way to the final, beating Catania, Sunderland, Roma (QF), and PSV (SF) along the way. A final against Valencia at the Stade de France, a day after our relegation was confirmed, now became our curtain closer for the season. There was an atmosphere reminiscent of the 2001 Uefa Cup final, were tiny Deportivo Alaves faced European giants Liverpool at the Westfalenstadion. I'm pleased to say we caused a final upset and won 2-0 on the night. And in doing so, i won my first European silverware since PES4. :BEER:

It was a long wait, but worth it...

PN

Last edited:
Hi Prof,

I don't want to sound too cynical and congratulate you with a season were you got relegated.
On the other hand, you won the Euro League. Strange combination (i wonder if this ever happened IRL, i remember Middlesbrough winning the League Cup and being relegated...).

I got relegated once with Getafe in PES 2008 or 2009. I never felt it was justified, because i had the distinct impression that the ai kept on cheating and i constantly lost matches were the opponents barely had a shot on goal...at the end i kept on playing but i was more and more 'disgusted' (of course this is putting it too strong) by the game...
I had a similar experience with Catania the year after, but in the end i was never relegated because i gave up before being relegated.
One has to admire your perseverance, but i have a feeling that the PS2 version is better than the next gen titles before PES 2011.
Having played the demo quite extensively i have a feeling that the full game could be a return to old days...

Hi gerd. I think there have been a few occasions in leagues and history where teams have reached a cup final (not neccessarily won though) and have been relegated, or at least had a poor season. Pompey last season springs to mind. I think Boro may have had a bad season when they got to the Uefa cup final?

I guess the chance of Euro glory kept me going and i wanted to see if i could escape relegation, too. Certainly a defining season for me.

I'm hoping 2011 will be a good addition too. Fingers crossed.

Congrats on your long-awaited European silverware, Prof. I can scarcely believe you're still on the PS2 :)

I don't recall ever being relegated in the ML, although I went out of business a few times. Those were actually some of my 'best' ML experiences, scrapping desperately for every precious [P]oint just to not see that 'Game Over' at the end of the season as the administrators hovered...

It is always more memorable when the tension is high, and more satisfying when you achieve something against the odds.

I'm about to start the third with the default PES United team and I have lost many players through retirement.It's so frustrating but so exciting to build a team now, I have qualified for the PL but I think I'm gonna struggle big time.
I need players

Do you guys realize if you started the ML with the default Minanda Team, in your youth player, you got shimizu, palmieri, and other young player? their stats is way too much for starters. I didn't realize the stat when I sign Shimizu for pro contract. It's like 73 for a 17 years old kid.

I started a ML with Brescia using default ML players.

I'm currently in the bottom 3, but i'm confident i can turn it around. I'm not being drastically outplayed by anyone, but i'm not taking my chances.

At the start of the season i promoted Palmieri from my youth team. He's probably my best defender. I signed Guy Demel for about 100k. He got sent off on his debut. I managed to get Paloschi on loan, and then right at the end of the window i managed to sign Jo from Man City for 300k. Probably about all he's worth. Haha.

My highlight from the first half of the season was going to the San Siro to play Milan on the back of losing 5 games in a row. Anyway, i managed to steal a 2-1 win. I even had enough time for Jo to miss an open net.

I struggled along til January. I'd already done a bit of work before the window opened, so as soon as it did, i welcomed Zidan from Dortmund, and i welcomed Tagoe from Hoffenheim. A bit of pace and trickery either side of Jo. Paloschi just wasn't doing it for me.

My next signing would be Dante, who was my favourite signing on PES10, purely for the fact that he's a centre half who i stuck upfront because he was big. Haha. Well this time i've bought him to play on the left side of a 3 man defence. He has a better afro than Jo. It's bigger.

I then signed the skillful, but comically named Lars Bender. Rude words still make me laugh, and he's young and decent, and cheap. He's surprisingly fast for a defensive midfielder. And besides he was the much needed bodyguard for my star signing......D'Alessandro. The star of the demo. The star of Champ Manager. The star that never quite became the big star we all thought he would. Now he's rolled up at Brescia, who knows?

I'll keep you posted.

de_canio.jpg

Lecce President Pierandrea Semeraro gives his backing to Luigi De Canio, as coach following weekend reports in the Gazzetta Del Mezzogiorno.

The Apulia based club it had been reported, were looking to ditch the former QPR boss in favour of former club legend Pedro Pasculli. The Argentine lives in Salento, and at the age of 50 had been looking to restart his managerial career.

Just a quick question......this is my first PES for PC ever....been playing it on playstation since the first ISS release and I am wondering is it possible to set master leauge teams in division manual without messing up the leauges for normal games?

Whai I mean can I select, lets say AC Milan and put them in the leauge with barca, real, manchestar...etc....only in master leauge?

Master league is so much fun with the weaker teams, its really amazing!..
being an Arsenal fan, i used to take arsenal as my team in ML and used to win everything in 2-3 seasons, which really ended the enthusiasm quickly, when playing against human oppositions was the only option left till next version would be out..
but since i recently selected West Ham as my team and now it really feels great, victories against even Aston Villa seems satisfying. everyday i just wait for the office to close so that i can take on my next opponent knowing i need some points and not like i want 5 goals every match during my arsenal days.!
now m looking for championship OF which would be again so much fun..
ThanksPES for this great game!:WORSHIP:

May i have a quick question to whom knows the answer. While i am playing ML there are subtitutes and tactics changements were made automaticly by the computer for my team. I've already turned the coach mode off but still i am having the same problem. I have 2 players from youth team . Ivarov and Palmieri. Some websites wrote that those players cause this problem. Please inform me if know about this !

michelplatini20100325_275x155.jpg

Platini announces new regional format for Europe.

2011 will finally see a new European Football structure put in place, after many years of speculation.

Uefa's maverick President announced the formulation of 4 divisions split across the continent, that will take precedent over individual national leagues. Based primarily on geographical factors - an Iberian, Northern, Central and Mediterranean division will still see the cream of Europe's elite meet in both the Champions and Europa league.

Whilst opponents of the scheme lambasted the former French star for his stance, supporters welcomed the attempt to create stability and balance whilst democratising clubs and creating a level playing field.

Fans of clubs from Porto to Prague, Manchester to Moscow will await with baited breath the draw made tomorrow lunchtime in Nyon, to find out if they have been included in their respective Superliga or first division....

I went back to the Master League and decided to have a fresh start, picked FC Aries from the custom teams with the usual suspects (Minanda, Ivarov, Jaric etc). Started out in the 2nd Division, finishing 8th, 3rd and 3rd again before finally getting promoted to the 1st Division. It's more of a challenge this time round, juggling your money, buying the right players, trying to bring youth up through the ranks and avoiding going out of business.

My BaL save crashed, so I've decided to experiment in this years ML, before starting something serious.
Love the new system with the trainers and the differentiation in the points which "the better" coaches give.
Hate the quick draining of the stamina. After the 70th min, only the 3 subs are not "red"! Even the keeper! I play balanced style, don't rush every attack.
Hate the lousy refs for not giving fouls for tackling my players off-the-ball or not giving red card when the last defender tackles me in front of the penalty area. At least the f.ed-up refs from PES10 gave me fouls when they were obvious!
Wanted to test the new "master negotiator" and bought a bunch of world star status players from the 1st attempt. With the transfer money Konami are again away from the reality. ManU make me "blockbuster" offer for Kaka of 12M Euros. I've bought Hamsik for 3M E and so on.
And these aren't the things that "shock" me and compelled me to right this. :OOOH:
Just look what happened when got to 1/8F in CL against Ol.M.

They don't have dedicated GK in the squad! That's not just another oversight from Konami. That's some major Jerry Spinger Shit! Why did not program the code for a team to have at least two dedicated GK :SHOCK:

I'm playing on the PS2 version. With AC Milan. Bought Canales and he's a beast. The only problem with him is can't use his body. Ibra's been scoring quite alot. And I played just 3 games. On top player. Beat Inter 5-2. Weird thing is, master league is easier in PES 2011.

I tried master league default players before and I freaking lost 9 games in a row! :0

Hello, my second season in ML
anyone experienced a pes2011 crash during the Uefa CL first knockout round 2nd Leg?
I had 3/4 crashes before to be able to play the 1st Leg (in detaching the Kitserver). Now with or without Ks always a crash so I am not able to go on.
Normal games in ML no problems (those between the first and second leg, with or without KS).
I remember, I think was Pes2009, had a similar problem. It was crashing at a certain week during the ML.
Any idea?

thanks

After finishing 2 seasons with blackpool, where i finished 4th in my secong season, i started with Cardiff city, thought would be easy to get promoted but bang!! reality check..
was leading 2-0 in my first game against portsmouth, playing casually, but 2nd half taugt me a harsh lesson, lost 3-2, could be blamed to ai cheating as they scored all from keepers parrying away but still shabby defending from my side, have to say, and after that lost 4 on the trot without managing to score!!
tinkered with tactics, formations, players etc n somehow got my defense together, managed two 0-0 draws, and eventually started converting my chances now, have climbed to 7th place now, courtesy CHOPRA', he is a good striker, but i remember the dark days when i was battling relegation. i mean last night only i agin failed to score in 2 consecutive matches, which is worrying.1st place seems impossible now, finishing 3rd also seems a big ask, but will have to somehow,
and the worst is, i have become ugly, like scoring a goal and then trying to hang on to it, wasting time etc, dont fancy scoring a second goal cause i know i cant give AI any chances.now i value every point, every chance n thats the beauty of the championship.
Jay Emanuel Thomas on loan from Arsenal has been superb.
guys plz tell some players which can help me on wings (cheap players ofcourse)

Back
Top Bottom