The Madden Thread : Madden 13

Apparently EA Sports chose to get rid of the Franchise mode in the new Madden. It's getting absolutely destroyed by user reviews because of that. I'm so glad I read them, that's the reason I would have bought the game.

Isn't that the most popular mode? What a ridiculous decision.

Could you imagine master league and manager mode being axed from PES and FIFA respectively? There would uproar I tells ya.

Franchise Mode and Superstar mode have been combined in Connected Careers Mode, shortened to CCM in most reviews. The reason for it was, instead of starting a Franchise or Superstar mode and getting bored and restarting, this means the seasons keep moving. So you can say coach your favourite team for a couple of seasons, then retire as that coach and become a player all within the same 'universe' as such. You can be a current player, or create a player or become a legendary coach or player.

Overall from the 2 games I have played, it is playing a tougher game than last year. Looks wise, it's brighter. The new Infinity Engine is totally work in progress I think, next year it will be more refined. At the moment I will once again be in the 4th String league, so I will be playing a shed load more of it.

Franchise Mode and Superstar mode have been combined in Connected Careers Mode, shortened to CCM in most reviews. The reason for it was, instead of starting a Franchise or Superstar mode and getting bored and restarting, this means the seasons keep moving. So you can say coach your favourite team for a couple of seasons, then retire as that coach and become a player all within the same 'universe' as such. You can be a current player, or create a player or become a legendary coach or player.

Overall from the 2 games I have played, it is playing a tougher game than last year. Looks wise, it's brighter. The new Infinity Engine is totally work in progress I think, next year it will be more refined. At the moment I will once again be in the 4th String league, so I will be playing a shed load more of it.

Just going by Amazon reviews - almost all are 1 star and complaining that you can't edit anything in the Franchise mode and more importantly you can't insert a created player into your franchise.

It's getting beasted by users, which is interesting given how much critics liked it.

Game is great. Easily the best madden ive played thus far. My only gripe is the terrible looking grass on most stadiums. Dont know why the grass looks poor and unrealistic. I hope it gets patched.

Back
Top Bottom