The Madden Thread : Madden 13

pepper63

Boardroom.
19 May 2005
Cardiff
Only One Man Utd.
Well i have to eat my words regarding this game, the demo seemed crap but the full game is the best so far. Animations better, graphics have improved and i'm enjoying the hard hits and tackles you can make. Good really do with a good impact engine to give it the realism it deserves.

Re: Madden 12

My only gripe thus far is that they should have different running animations, all players run exactly the same.

Get yourself in a decent online league were people dont go for it on 4th and 10 and dont use cheese plays or players and you will be set. Listen to the 4th String podcast and listen to the league stories about it and then maybe get on the waiting list, you play 2 games a week normally and it adds so much to the game. I just completed my first season the league, it was their 4th full season of Madden 11, I went 2-14 with a pretty stacked Ravens side though no Flacco or Ray Rice; it's tough but fun mostly.

As for the game, have only got it and not played any of it yet, and when the Online Franchise starts again, I will be the Raiders, not nearly as much talent, so another tough season ahead!

Just started my Franchise mode and i'm 2-0 with Detroit. I wanted to go with one of the less better teams and for the first time in a few years with Madden i'm really enjoying it. Being a self confessed graphic whore this is perfect.

Jahvid Best is a fast ass RB, and Calvin Johnston is an immense WR's two great O weapons to get you started for sure.

Megatron Johnson, Best & Smith, Hill & Stafford on Offence, and Suh and co, in Def are looking good. 3-1 losing to The Vikings. But really enjoying it. You were right Carl it is the best so far.

This is the first year I've not bought Madden for a long while now. I tried the demo but it's just same old same old. There's been very little progression and most of the old faults and inadequacies are still there.

That's what happens when a game has no competition.

Madden 13

Has anyone played the demo yet? I have and i think Infinity engine is the best thing that has happend to this game.

Re: Madden 13

I have played probably well over 100 hours on Madden 12.

I can win easily on Pro in this, but I have yet to get a win on All-Pro, yes the new engine is nice, but I really hope the full game is better, so much so that this demo has made me think twice about canceling my pre-order.

The new physics engine can make the play look a mess at times with bodies corpsing at the end of plays and players falling over the top of each other etc.

Anyhow, more goes on the demo is needed.

Madden 13's gameplay is similar to Madden 12 and 11. Not enough improvement to warrant a full purchase. I encourage everyone to wait until next gen if they want to play American football video games. That is when we will see change. Don't waste your money. Wait for Madden 2015.

I skipped Madden 12 and opted for NCAA12 instead. This year I'm going for Madden given the improved physics and improvements to the career modes etc. So far I'm impressed with the demo and liking the improvements over 12 (well from what I can make out). Buying day one.

Madden 13's gameplay is similar to Madden 12 and 11. Not enough improvement to warrant a full purchase. I encourage everyone to wait until next gen if they want to play American football video games. That is when we will see change. Don't waste your money. Wait for Madden 2015.

Sound advice. I gave up on Madden a couple of years ago. The game doesn't feel quite right to me. Also got fed up of paying £40 each year for what amounted to roster updates and presentation changes.

Let's hope 2K Sports can get back in the game at some point.

I just picked up NCAA Football 13. Enjoying it so far and the new infinity engine makes a difference, i also like the weather conditions, they have a foggy pitch which looks like the san siro when the smoke bombs have gone off. It's not a huge improvement when it comes to gameplay and what pisses me off is you still have annoying issues like players walking through goal posts and the like. Why have a contact engine if this happens?

NCAA doesnt have the new engine, only Madden, NCAA is very much a tweaked Madden from last year, still good and enjoying the Heisman Challenges in it.

Well what's the deal with the players falling over eachother as you said in the Madden Demo? Because it seems the same to me. Oh and tell your Bollock head mate to keep his gob shut!

Apparently EA Sports chose to get rid of the Franchise mode in the new Madden. It's getting absolutely destroyed by user reviews because of that. I'm so glad I read them, that's the reason I would have bought the game.

Back
Top Bottom