The Live Racing : PGR4

Re: Monday Night Racing : It's Back!!!!!!!!!

The room is set up folks, all we need now are the players

Excellent night... Wish I'd had Live sooner!! Apologies to everyone I hit, complete 100% accidents, apart from Classic who hit me twice before I hit him and he quit (and yes, quite sad, but I have two alibi's who entered the room to see at the time going "ooooh, aaaah, want one of those!!"). :)

Top night of laughs and races. Not enough twisty circuits for close racing though, and still no flat out track to envy KGB Corner..... Please Bizarre bring out a greatest tracks ever download!!!!!! :D Maybe more racing next week, although we may bring back Monday Night Football.

Sorry, couldn't be arsed any more so I left. Chris, I nudged past you on the second to last corner of that race, you'd left a huge gap on the inside as you ran wide. Of course I made contact with you, if we were racing without any contact there'd be zero overtaking at all. I didn't put you into the barrier and like I said I had you for the racing line and in terms of speed - the last corner you just piledrove me into the wall instead of braking.

Well, I was just driving the line I always drive around that track, so when you knocked me, twice, I thought you were doing it purposefully. I wouldn't know what the racing line is, all I know is that if I go to the left and swerve to the right I seem to get around the corners quicker. I took it as you crashing into me, twice, and I'm sick of playing PGR3 because that's all everybody does to me, and wins. So I thought, fuck it, I've been knocked a hundred times without retaliation, I want to win this time, and the only way to beat the guys who knock you all over the place is to knock them back.

I apologise for misinterpreting your bumping into me, you can ask others, I've not done it before (at least not on purpose). Sorry.

The racing line is the fastest available path round the circuit, ie when entering a corner doing it from as wide as possible, aiming to hit the apex of the corner as close as possible then flooring it as soon as you think you're capable of making it round the exit without hitting any barrier.

On that second last corner, you didn't take it very well and I took it better, and although I couldn't get past you without any contact it was more than big enough of a gap to warrant passing. And like I say, I didn't ram you either. You did ram me on the final corner, you put me into the wall which is bang out of order. There are obviously going to be collisions in the game but I have never rammed, bumped or nudged anyone intentionally.

You can't just drive your regular style when there is someone nearby, and expect there to be no contact. You have to allow for the fact people come up the inside and you're neck and neck approaching a bend, you can't just turn in like you do when no one's nearby. If they have the racing line you let them by (for example if you're approaching a right-hander and they're on your right going about the same speed and are right up alongside you).

I know it's only meant to be a laugh but I see no point in playing when stuff like this happens.

Sorry mate. I agree. It's not racing when you can just bash someone out of the way and they're left in last place. As I said, it happens to me all the time (I'm considering swapping PGR3 for something else, until there's a patch with "no ramming allowed" lobbies etc. in). I took what you did as two rams, I had no idea it wasn't meant in a violent way.

Won't happen again - I'm sure it won't stop on Live as a whole though. As you said, there really is no point when the guy who finishes first has rammed his way there.

It is a bit naff yeah, maybe we could turn collisions off although I feel that'd take a lot of the laugh-factor away from Live nights. PGR2 had it spot on, the cars in PGR3 spin out far too easily.

Aha, me being a dope I didn't realise there was a "collisions" option. Bit naff, like you say, but it would solve a lot.

jay666 said:
Any chance of a race or anything tonight?

I may be on tonight but not for very long, its a decent night of telly

CWright said:
I may be on tonight but not for very long, its a decent night of telly

which translates to

I will probably only be on for 30 minutes, the time in which the two episodes of corry have a break

when is it,course mine may work, and i wanna play if not this week next week

jay666 said:
So how do i go on about getting to race you lot?

You need to be on someones Friends List mate so they can send you an invite

Kevano22 is on mine.

hmmm just me then?at least i cant lose.

Last edited:

I got cwright2000 and Kevano22 on my list, next time another Monday Night Race is available ill be there.

DJ

I think you should expand that Zidane head to reflect how big yours is gettin :)

I just wanna race u.

DJ

Anyone up for a bit of racing tonight or are we all watching the exciting game that will be Arsenal Vs Wigan?

ill play tonight. What time are you thinking of setting it up?

If I get a few mins guys ill be online tonight.

DJ

kevano22 said:
ill play tonight. What time are you thinking of setting it up?

Probably from about 730 if we can get a few of us on

old farts! :) ill take that as an insult, watch out if your in front of me on the track I might just seek some revenge :)

DJ

I cant tonight i've gotta pick my hd up and i only nicked the game for the week. But i wanna buy it now after playing it i just need to race a few of you lot. And im never really sure what cars to buy?

If youre talking about cars for playing online, thats only for online career. When youre racing for fun, you dont have to buy anything, you can use all.

Hope to see some of you online soon :) we will have a laugh, how many of you guys in here have Xbox Live headsets and talk during the game? :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom