The Hip/Hop Music Thread

I think the Nas and Jay-Z beef was good for that time...but for it to keep carrying on isn't good! I'm happy both of them squashed it. Glad to see two black people coming together instead of hating on each other...which is trife!

pk9 said:
the hip hop game is damn flat wots goin on

did u guys hear bout the $2mill nas paid pharrel for some beat track!

Fake rumour, started as $10mil originally, people started wondering, so then they said $2mil, I'll put money on it right now both are complete bullshit.

Hey Dar have you heard Joe Budden's Mood Music 2? It's a very good mixtape and some of the songs are album quality. It's worth a listen especialy when strolling to Uni ;)

Cam'ron Disses Jay-Z On 'You Got It' Diplomat Records CEO Cam’ron recently released a dis track aimed at Def Jam President/rapper/mogul, Jay-Z.

Cam’ron pulls no punches on “You Got It,” a new dis track that not only goes hard at the Def Jam president, but also his girlfriend, singer Beyonce.

On the song, the Harlem, New York bred Cam’ron accuses Jay-Z of stealing the Roc-a-Fella/Rocawear companies and artist Kanye West away from former partner Damon Dash.

Cam further goes on to say Jay should give his publishing to Voletta Wallace, mother of the late Notorious B.I.G. and criticizes the rapper’s style of dress.

In the seven minute plus dis, Cam’ron cites his collaboration Jay-Z’s girlfriend Beyonce on “Do It Again,” a song off the rapper’s second album S.D.E.

Cam’ron addresses his issues with Jay-Z in the forthcoming March issue of XXL magazine which features Cam'ron on the cover. He says problems arose after Jay-Z discovered plans to appoint Harlem emcee as president of Roc-A-Fella.

Cam joined Roc-A-Fella in 2002 but left the label in 2004. He is preparing his latest album Killa Season, this year.

Listen to the song: http://rapidshare.de/files/11417794/03_-_camron_you_gotta_love_it__dissin_jay-z_.mp3.html

any Immortal Technique fans here? I think he is very underrated. Listen to songs like Freedom of Speech, You never know, dance with the devil ... amazing songs. Nice to see a rapper talk about stuff other than money, hoes, cars and clothes.

[Dante] said:
any Immortal Technique fans here? I think he is very underrated. Listen to songs like Freedom of Speech, You never know, dance with the devil ... amazing songs. Nice to see a rapper talk about stuff other than money, hoes, cars and clothes.

I heard his two albums, he's like a 21st Century Chuck D, aswell as being very poilitical he has some good song concepts and decent beats aswell....

Biggie Speaks on Nas: "Oh Hell No, I Cant Fuck With Duke."

KING magazine with Gabrielle Union on the cover. They got a lil B.I.G. tribute with an article written by Matt Life, former editor of the Unsigned Hype section of The Source:

"The reason I hesitate to give him [BIG] the freestyle crown is because of what happened late one night in San Francisco. Around five o'clock in the morning at the Gavin convention in '94 guess who's knocking on my hotel door? Big and Nas, with a couple bottles of Mo', like, "Where's the dank, Matt?" I made a call, and, needless to say, driving from Oakland in the middle of the night was no problem for my man when I told him who was in the room.

Purple haze ablaze, I pulled out the box and started playing beats. Immediately, Nas started flowing, nonstop till the sun was out. I mean, spittin perfect verses and choruses that sounded thought out for hours but could only be off the top due to the here-and-now content. Barely awake, but in total awe, I looked over at my man Free sharing the room with me. He was stuck. I looked at Big-stuck. Then Nas picked up the glance and paused for Big to start rhyming. After one long breath, Big said, "Oh, hell no, I can't fukk wit duke." We laughed, and Nas just kept going."

Shit, thats sad. :(

I quite liked his latest solo effort, he was one of the talented ones from the D12 bunch.

Yeah sux for this guy,RIP
Wasnt a big D12 fan but think if d12 now rlses a song about this situation it wil be huge and lots of media attention.
Just like with biggie and 2pac.There more famous after they get shot.

Proof was somewhere he didnt need to be, got in some beef shot someone himself then got shot...

live by the gun die by the gun....

It pisses me off when these guys make it but keep going back to the hood!

I quite liked Proof and to a certain extent D12, one of the only group of rappers that didn't take themselves too seriously.

Who remembers the "Toy Soldiers" video?

R.I.P

Dar said:
Shit, thats sad. :(

I quite liked his latest solo effort, he was one of the talented ones from the D12 bunch.
Second that. His probably the only member of the group that had the potential of making it big (exculding eminem). Still he managed to put out two decent albums.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
It pisses me off when these guys make it but keep going back to the hood!
Thats where they came from and lived all their lives.

So rightly so they go back there and see whats happening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom