The Hip/Hop Music Thread

..: Hunter :.. said:
To be honest I can't stand Bizarre. He doesn't really have a flow. His new track 'Rockstar' is pretty lame like.

Eminem now in my opinion is falling off, he rises when its most important but recently he hasn't done anything good to show.
He is apparently releasing a new album later this year (Autumn) and is called 'The Funeral'. It is named that as in this album he is putting all his 'personas' to rest.

Old Skool:

Anyone here a fan of BG Knocc Out and Gangsta Dresta. 8)

ya right, Bizzare is feckin awful and eminem needs to step his game up, just got tickets for the em/50 gig in manchester though, so hopefully he'll showcase some of his new stuff, it cant be worse than Encore....

the diss and video that BG and Dresta did to Dre was wicked!!

With the exception of Run DMC, Public Enemy and Outkast, yhere is so little creativity in mainstream hip hop, it's nothing more than pop music. Load of shite.

Game Gets @ G-UNIT @ Summer Jam

Last night on June 5th 2005 as night crept up on an audience of 50,000 plus, The Game did his thing. This not only included his hit singles "Dreams", "Hate It Or Love It", and "Put You On The Game", and "Higher". After paying tribute to Hip-Hop late elite, he started shouting something that was some suspected, "G G G"...except the "i" in "unit" was substituted by the Compton native with "o". "G G G G-U NOT!" he shouted adorned in New York Mets apparel with batting gloves on accompanied by a baseball bat with a white thermal underneath. There was major tension in the air as he displayed his dislike and more for 50 Cent and the rest of G-Unit. When "How We Do" came on he went through his well known "Suck My Dick" ritual by stating, "Lloyd Banks can suck my dick," "Olivia can suck my dick," "Young Buck can suck my dick," and you should get the rest of the picture. After this he began to "look" for his old G-Unit chain and opted to throwing it the crowd since he was known for throwing chains in the crowd he said. As the plate sized piece soared through the air so did his words which shocked the tri-state area again, "Fuck G-UNIT". It was an amazing night and the additional appearance by none other than HOV topped off a grand night for the Hip-Hop community! Just thought I'd let ya'll know what went down. PEEACE

damn how can i have missed this thread

u guys heard of some rumour of hova and nas doin track together produced by kanye west

i think its to good to be thot off damn rumours

but that wud be a hiphop classic
just like runnin produced by em

whoa wots goin on in that g-unit camp man there is gonna be all out war soon

jada and cooked coke crack shud team up with the game and nas ans slaughter g g g g unot damn pop group

i still think eminem is gonna be the one to lyrically take 50 out its gonna happen i can feel it

50 Cent's emotional difficulty

50 Cent is finding it difficult acting in his new movie - because he hasn't emotionally matured yet. The rapper, who is currently filming 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin', says that crying for the cameras does not come naturally to him because when he was in a gang he was used to covering up his feelings. He said: "When I was on the street and someone got killed, we'd go to the wake, pay respects and then we were gone. Emotionally, I am probably five years old."

Meanwhile, 50, real name Curtis Jackson, has vowed never to return to his criminal past dealing drugs. He said: "As long as I keep myself away from situations that I know will aggravate me to the point that I could possibly do something that ain't healthy for me, I'm happy. "The only thing I'm afraid of - is me."

Despite, his shady past the hip-hop star insists he is now a good role model for children. He told MTV.com: "I see myself as a role model. I write about harsh realities - the things that actually go on in the environment that I grew up in. What I say to kids is, 'Watch what I do, not what I say'".

hahahaha lmao cant wait to see this this homo cry on screen :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I think one of the dopest mainstream emcees out there now is The Game...This lyricism is pure street knowledge,kinda reminds me of Biggie,NWA and Nas...That track of his "Dreams" is pure genius,not to mention the producer,Kanye,muddafuckkin genius.

phrase said:
I think one of the dopest mainstream emcees out there now is The Game...This lyricism is pure street knowledge,kinda reminds me of Biggie,NWA and Nas...That track of his "Dreams" is pure genius,not to mention the producer,Kanye,muddafuckkin genius.

Agreed phrase.

Have you heard 300 Bars and Running?

=========

Another thing about that report on 50 Cent:

Despite, his shady past the hip-hop star insists he is now a good role model for children. He told MTV.com: "I see myself as a role model. I write about harsh realities - the things that actually go on in the environment that I grew up in. What I say to kids is, 'Watch what I do, not what I say'".

Now thats a fucking punk talkin. Telling kids to watch him strip. and shakin his faggot arse like in candy shop? He writes harsh realities? Come on. Harsh realities in magic stick, candy shop? This guy can't be serious. Role model yeah yeah heard it all before. Ja can make a better role model than this snitch lol.

Last edited:
phrase said:

Nah this guy is a feckin plant pot he's pure plastic and about as gangsta as Will Smith.

Have you not seen the pictures of him a US talk show when he was younger, blonde hair and a tongue piercing not to mention him being a stripper, all that = "not gangsta!"

His lyrics are awful he just name drops all the way thru his rhymes.

The best thing about his CD was the beats but with dre handling the production its was expected...

Common - Be
That album is up there with B Sigel and Game. Nice appearances by kanye and also john legend who is so impresive this year. this album is worth a look for all fans of hip hop.

Damn man.. With my BEing a Hip Hop fanatic and all I can ever listen to.. I dunno how the f uK i missed this thread ;)

Surprised as hell some people like my boy DB listen to Rap tho :mrgreen:

Anyways man.. gotta disagree with some of y'all while I enjoy Nas and all them old school I also like some of TODAY's songs like Game's Dream and Hate it or love it and even some 50 songs.

Bizzare is crap though.

Stringer Bell said:
I'm still waiting for Papoose album, The Nacirema Dreams, to drop this August.

Can't wait man.

dont know if pap can handle an album, some of these mixtape emcee's can do the freestyles etc but when it comes to making good songs they blow hard.

New Kanye is okay, not got the feel of his 1st album but from what ive listened to so far is okay...

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Have you not seen the pictures of him a US talk show when he was younger, blonde hair and a tongue piercing not to mention him being a stripper, all that = "not gangsta!"

owned-369x245.jpg

Never cease to surprise me.......

It was blatant the whole beef between The Game and 50 cent was all a whole PR stunt - all prior to their lovely duet together :roll: :lol:
The whole world falling for the oldest PR trick in the book....bad music days are here to stay :(

Last edited:
Dangermouse and Gemini are a fantastic MC P{roducer combo. Check out their album, Ghetto Pop Life. DBM Produced the Grey Album and Demon Days by The Gorillaz. One of the most talented producers out there.

UK Hip-Hop > US Hip-Hop

My opinion of course.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
dont know if pap can handle an album, some of these mixtape emcee's can do the freestyles etc but when it comes to making good songs they blow hard.

New Kanye is okay, not got the feel of his 1st album but from what ive listened to so far is okay...

vannizles wot other kanye tracs have u heard apart from gold digger and diamonds

The new DangerDoom album is going to be worth it.

I got the leaked clean version but I'm definately going to buy it when it comes out

The songs with Ghostface and Talib Kweli are both insane.

pk9 said:
vannizles wot other kanye tracs have u heard apart from gold digger and diamonds

Try "Livin In a Movie" from Freshmen Adjustment.

Brilliant track, if a little short.

Yeah cool....think it's an album with all of the dipset crew doing there thing.....JR Writer and 40 Cal holds their own on this.

Stringer Bell said:
Yeah cool....think it's an album with all of the dipset crew doing there thing.....JR Writer and 40 Cal holds their own on this.

I fucks with dipset, they've been one of the most consistent crews in the last few years.

anyone into "down south" hip hop or the chopped and screwed style??

Kanye's new album is now leaked "Late Registration"

last weekend in the "Ecko Getting Up Festival" he sang 1 song fron his new album i dont remeber wich one... but the album is good.

Anybody here got Proof's latest album? Is it good?

Also anyone getting the 50 Cent re-release of his Masscare album? It's ment to have a video for every track.

Back
Top Bottom